Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am planning on moving to Melbourne in early June and I have most of the paperwork in place for doing my EOI for a 189 visa upon my arrival. I was wondering if it is possible to do the medical before actually doing the application as I have some minor medical conditions and I am concerned that I won't get the $3500 Visa application fee back if I get refused on medical grounds. Sorry if this is covered elsewhere on the forum. I did have a quick look but couldn't see anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Medicals are to be done only once HAP id is generated after visa fees is paid (Thats what I think) Anybody please correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Medicals are to be done only once HAP id is generated after visa fees is paid (Thats what I think) Anybody please correct me if I am wrong
you can always generate a HAP ID using MHD for free before lodging an application, but as I said earlier, DIBP has a strict policy to ONLY assess examinations linked to an application

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses folks. It's nothing major really just thought if I could do it before applying I would. Guess I'll just have to take the plunge and try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts