Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am lodging the 189 visa and while filling the form, I have a doubt.

I travelled to USA for 3 months(87 Days precisely)on a business visa, it was a business trip.

There is a question in employment history described below.

"Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level, immediately before invitation to lodge this application?"

What should I answer to this question.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Vinod

·
Registered
321 Posts
Employed overseas means employed outside Australia. So answer accordingly

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi,

I am lodging the 189 visa and while filling the form, I have a doubt.

I travelled to USA for 3 months(87 Days precisely)on a business visa, it was a business trip.

There is a question in employment history described below.

"Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level, immediately before invitation to lodge this application?"

What should I answer to this question.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Vinod
Overseas Employment here means all employments outside Australia; including USA, or anywhere else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Actually my trip to US was a business trip and I was not on a US payroll. So, I dont have any payslip or payroll related documents. If I select yes as an answer to this question, will CO in future will ask me for any documents.

Thanks
Vinod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Hi,
Actually my trip to US was a business trip and I was not on a US payroll. So, I dont have any payslip or payroll related documents. If I select yes as an answer to this question, will CO in future will ask me for any documents.

Thanks
Vinod

If Did you get any payments in USA , How did you meet your expenses ?
Did your spouse accompany you ?
Did you rent a house or stayed in a hotel ?
How was it paid for ?
You went on which visa ?

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

I was on per diem basis, I was a bachelor at that time, I was sharing a apartment with one of my frnd who rented that apartment. I was on B1 visa.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Hi,

I was on per diem basis, I was a bachelor at that time, I was sharing a apartment with one of my frnd who rented that apartment. I was on B1 visa.

However, all said and done as the period of 87 days is excessive by normal business trip standards, you should take a Mara agent consultation on this specific point

It would be money well spent

The final decision is yours

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I know, it was a bit longer stay than usual. It will not require any PCC I guess. Right?
Apart from this there is one more question regarding overseas stay.

Previous countries of residence
Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicant's usual country of residence?

What should be the answer to this question.

Thanks
Vinod

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Yeah I know, it was a bit longer stay than usual. It will not require any PCC I guess. Right?
Apart from this there is one more question regarding overseas stay.

Previous countries of residence
Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicant's usual country of residence?

What should be the answer to this question.

Thanks
Vinod

All replies will be based on the decision whether your trip will be reflected in the employment history or not

Unless that answer is frozen, nothing moves forward
So have you decided once and for all that you will not show that trip in your employment history separately?

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts