Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I am starting this new thread to keep a record of people who lodged their visa applications during May 2017. Kindly help me out to keep that record. Also do mention if No CO contact, Number of CO contacts if any, Direct Grant or Grant after CO contact.

Regards...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Submitted my visa application in April 22nd. Co assessment email on June 6th. No information after that. It's still received state in skill select. Waiting is the only option as I frontloded all required documents.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Submitted my visa application in April 22nd. Co assessment email on June 6th. No information after that. It's still received state in skill select. Waiting is the only option as I frontloded all required documents.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Probably CO is happy and forwarded for verification/grant process. No CO contact is good

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I applied on 10th on May, CO asked for Australian Federal Police Clearance and Character Form which I sent back on 20th July - no news since and application has been in status Assessment in progress since ... I also added CV and change of circumstances related to work (but I'm not claiming any points for work).
Why did you say that no contact from CO is good??
How longer do you think it may take?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi, I applied on 10th on May, CO asked for Australian Federal Police Clearance and Character Form which I sent back on 20th July - no news since and application has been in status Assessment in progress since ... I also added CV and change of circumstances related to work (but I'm not claiming any points for work).
Seeing current circumstances related to delay in processing , i think only your CO has answer to that.

Nothing to worry about no contact. Its common. Either he is happy OR not yet looked at docs again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seeing current circumstances related to delay in processing , i think only your CO has answer to that.

Nothing to worry about no contact. Its common. Either he is happy OR not yet looked at docs again
Thanks - also, I sent Form 80 only, is it mandatory to send Form 1221 too (I'm already onshore) - CO requested character info but there was no details about which form to send ....

Ps I have noticed waiting time for visa 189 has increased from 3 months minimum to 8 months minimum ... !!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
You are lucky that you applied on May 10 and got CO contact. Lot of people are waiting for months.

No CO contact is good because when CO contacts you for further documents you will go back of queue and process will be delayed.

Reactions: Shuaib Azhar

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks - also, I sent Form 80 only, is it mandatory to send Form 1221 too (I'm already onshore) - CO requested character info but there was no details about which form to send ....

Ps I have noticed waiting time for visa 189 has increased from 3 months minimum to 8 months minimum ... !!!
Form 80 is character doc and form 1221 is additional particulars doc. So i think you are good. If CO needs form 1221 also, then he'll ask you. Dont worry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Form 80 is character doc and form 1221 is additional particulars doc. So i think you are good. If CO needs form 1221 also, then he'll ask you. Dont worry
Yep but I don't want to go at the back of the Q again ... does anyone know if I should submit additional particulars in advance just to be safe? Thanks :amen:

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you still have option to share form 1221 then yes why not. Go ahead and submit.

I submitted both in my case without any CO contact
Hi, apologies, I'm clearly in a panic so I'm freaking out. I checked CO email and she did in fact ask for Form 80.

I hope we all get a grant soon! Thank you for your 'virtual' support!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys, let's keep the May lodgers in the loop so that we know if those who lodged application right around our time have got the grant or if any of us have any CO contacts or if of us have any experiences to share.
cheers...

Reactions: Seeingnolight

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone, I have just noticed that the average waiting time for visa 189 has again been changed and it's now min 11 to max 15 months to get a grant ...! It's so disappointing. Do you guys think this applies to folks like who have already apply??
:( Endless ...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi everyone, I have just noticed that the average waiting time for visa 189 has again been changed and it's now min 11 to max 15 months to get a grant ...! It's so disappointing. Do you guys think this applies to folks like who have already apply??
:( Endless ...
This time is expected to improve as its based on grants processed till July 31st. Since more grants have come out comparatively in Aug, then it might be good next month.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe that those who lodged Visa in May 2017 will be getting grants in bulk by 3rd week of September...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts