Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1721 - 1740 of 1748 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congratulations! May I ask if you are onshore or offshore?

189 Visa granted yesterday

ANZSCO 351311 Chef

EOI 189 - 20 NOV, 2019 - 90pts
Nomination: 11.03.2020
Visa Lodged: 24.03.2020
Medicals: 31.03.2020
CO contact: 20.04.2021 - asking for evidence of living and studying in regional Australia, evidence of employment
Additional documents added: 06.05.2021
PR granted: 25.05.2021

CO didn't ask for redoing medicals or police checks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi NB,

Thanks for all your support as I have landed in Sydney last week with my family and in Isolation now.

I have a question if I can sponsor my brother in law, who is married in India and is having IT work experinece of 3 years.

Just wanted to check if sponsorship will work for him.

Thanks

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
Hi NB,

Thanks for all your support as I have landed in Sydney last week with my family and in Isolation now.

I have a question if I can sponsor my brother in law, who is married in India and is having IT work experinece of 3 years.

Just wanted to check if sponsorship will work for him.

Thanks
You can be a sponsor only if you are living and working in rural Australia
If you are in Sydney or Melbourne, then you cant
Cheers

·
Registered
192 Posts
There is a Visa called Remaining Relative (subclass 115) for sponsoring a family member(bother) I have just gone through.

What about that?

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
There is a Visa called Remaining Relative (subclass 115) for sponsoring a family member(bother) I have just gone through.

What about that?
He is not eligible
Even if he was,

Processing time
Current estimated processing time for Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications that meet the criteria to be queued is approximately 50 years.

Not him, not his son, maybe his grandson can come
Cheers

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I know this is not the right thread to talk on.
I am curious actually I read that most of Viss eligibility conditions now says "Must not marry or into a de facto r\s before entry"
Is this right for Visa 491 that only singles can apply?

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I know this is not the right thread to talk on.
I am curious actually I read that most of Viss eligibility conditions now says "Must not marry or into a de facto r\s before entry"
Is this right for Visa 491 that only singles can apply?
There are 10 points given if an applicant is single in the eoi
So if an applicant has claimed those 10 points, and gotten an invite and lodged his application, then he cannot marry or enter defacto relationship till his application is granted and makes his first entry
Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi NB,
I got grant, and the details listed below
Invitation:-March 2020
CO contact :- April 2021 , AFP, Medical, evidence of professional year and skill employment
Grant :- 27 May

Please see the below screenshot for the confusion about claim point for professional year and skill employment concurrently. I think that now you will have clear picture about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is this the latest page for * 189 Visa Lodge/Grants *
I visited this page after months to see very little activity here. Any idea when will the processing of offshore applicants resume?

I applied in Apr'2019 and waiting since then. I haven't even had a CO contact yet. Anyone in the same boat as me?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this the latest page for * 189 Visa Lodge/Grants *
I visited this page after months to see very little activity here. Any idea when will the processing of offshore applicants resume?

I applied in Apr'2019 and waiting since then. I haven't even had a CO contact yet. Anyone in the same boat as me?
There is no activity here because there is nothing happening :cry:
Many offshore applicants who are yet to receive their grant are in the same boat as yours. We don't have any updates. It is been 3 years without any information.

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
Hi All,

Can someone share what forms need to be uploaded in the current application for 189 skilled visa in order to add a newborn baby?

Regards,
A
Form 1022
Baby birth certificate
Baby passport
Form 1436
Once the baby is added, keep reminding the co politely for hapid for baby
Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello Guys...
Our family of 3 has received the grant, two weeks before.... We are offshore applicants... Hope this news bring some hope for those who are waiting for a long time offshore...

My daughter's passport is expiring in 10 months... If we renew, Should I update the new passport details on my immigration account ? How long it will take for the new passport details to reflect in Vevo??

All best guys, we need just patience, everything will be fine, if our application has all the supporting documents...

Reactions: sanatvij

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello Guys...
Our family of 3 has received the grant, two weeks before.... We are offshore applicants... Hope this news bring some hope for those who are waiting for a long time offshore...

My daughter's passport is expiring in 10 months... If we renew, Should I update the new passport details on my immigration account ? How long it will take for the new passport details to reflect in Vevo??

All best guys, we need just patience, everything will be fine, if our application has all the supporting documents...
Congratulations… so very happy for you !
would you mind giving the details of your visa application… visa class, country, date of lodgement and anzco code ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
How to keep reminding, if CO is still not assigned? Any email address available for department?
You cannot send reminders to DHA to have they assign a CO to your case. Of course you can email them, but that hardly compels them to prioritise your case.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Hello Guys...

Congrats..!
If you have immediate travel plans, you can wait and maybe renew it in Australia else I would suggest you renew it and update ImmiAccount with new passport. It reflects pretty much immediately as I've seen it.

All the best..!

Reactions: starcool
1721 - 1740 of 1748 Posts