Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 19 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats

We a family of three received grant on 16,January 2020 under 189 occupation code..233411.electronics engineer
Finally 2 and a half year journey come to an end.
The waiting time was too much that it shattered almost every planning but all is well if the end is well. I am so happy today and must thank all my group members who kept my hope alive by updates and positive aura.
Here is my timeline..
Aug 2017 ..though of Australian PR and enrolled at a consultancy payed heavy fees but the consultancy was very helpful and professional..didn't aware about different telegram groups than
Sep 2017...appeared for IELTS..score card..L-7,R-7.5,W-6.0,S-6.5..
Understood can never get desired score in writing section of IELTS so gave PTE in
SEP 2017....L-70,R-73,S-89,W-67
SEP 2017....payed for EA ASSESSMENT under fast track and submitted all relevant docs...
Oct 2017...received positive outcome from EA after reply of one mail from EA regarding my cdr reports

November 2017...Filled EOI for 189 65 points under 189 & 70 points under 190 Victoria

April 2018...total points updated by 5 due to work experience of 8 years

Now 189....70 points
190....75 points

Waited till November for invitation but as per ISCAH predictions I understood that I have to fight for those 20 points of PTE as by next year I will loose 5 points because of my age.
Gave 4 attempts of PTE between December 18 to February 19 and each time I have to travel 500 kms one side as nearest test center was about 500 kms
Prepared for PTE by telegram groups
1st attempt...L-78,R-76,S-87,W-77
2nd attempt...L-75,R-86,S-85,W-79
3rd attempt...L-88,R-78,S-79,W-79
Finally 4th attempt Feb 2019...L- 90, R-88, S-83, W-90
UPDATED EOI and now 189= 80 points and 190 = 85 points
Feb 2019....received invitation under 189 and 190 categories in very next invitation rounds
7 March..2019. Submitted all docs and payed Visa fees along with PCC and medicals
After countless refreshing of gmail account finally
Received golden mail for three of us on ...16,January,2020

Sent from my SM-M307F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anybody noticed Iranian applicants are always the first ones to get grant or get contacted by CO with respect to date of lodgment.

Based on info from immi trackers, forums and personal contacts.

Just wondering what could be the reason? it surely is a policy based on consistency, but why?:confused:
Don't rely on immi tracker data. This is my personal experience. It represents less than 5 percent of overall data and this too is not accurate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello sir, my eoi for 2613 is dated nov 2020 for 189 is at 80 points. This is after my spouse passed english test for 5 points. I can get 5 more for skills to make it 85. It is worth doing ACS for spouse for 5 more points, or should i just wait? My points will reduce in Oct due to my age so i am worried. Based on my conversation with friends in AUS, they say 80 is good enough by Oct. I know, i am getting bit in the territory of predicting.
It is worth doing ACS immediately if you can get 5 more points. Because if you look at the current invites it is 90+

Invitation Rounds:
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds#

Points Calculator
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/points-calculator

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys,
I am in a limbo and need advice.

I applied for 189 visa in April 2019. I haven't provided form 1221 with my application as it wasn't mandatory.I was looking at the home affairs website today and noticed that for 189 visa now it is displaying submit both form 80 and form 1221.

My question is do I need to attach this form, I have already provided form 80 at the initial instance.

Will appreciate opinion.

Thanks

Please share website link where it says about Form 80 & 1221 is required for 189.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very happy to announce today that we the family of 3 have been Granted VISA today.It was a long journey of 2.5 Years when I started compiling my documents. I remember it was a roller coaster ride, as a lot of changes happen in immigration laws and point system has been revised by AU authorities.

However, I want to thanks this group for always sharing every information quickly on forum that help us taking the right decisions at right time.

Special thanks to NB for his kind guidance at every stage of the process, and he is a true robin hood of Expats in AU and always provide true inputs and never confuse you.

I also want to share that those who are waiting for their VISA, Just be patient as you have already played your ROLE and rest is now Destiny and in hands of God.Live your life and do not feel down for any little delay in this aspect of life as we have a lot lot other stuff to live and enjoy as well.

Lesson: Always submit decision ready application to minimize your delays in processing.
Congrats.
Did you submit Form 1221 along with Form 80?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I lodge my Visa on 8 feb 2018. PCC and Medical Sublitted on dated 18/03/2018. Visa on hold on 15 dec 2018 for Due to wife expecting pregnacy. Blessed with baby girl on 25 dec 2018. Submitting document like passport and birth certificate for my daughter on dated 16/01/2019. Getting applicant add letter on 02/02/2019. First CO Contact for New born medical on dated 07/02/2019. Submitted medical on dated 14/02/2019. There are nothing update on my case till the 07/02/2020. I called on immigration number and tell them to i am waiting since last 2 years. And tell them to send a gentle reminder to my CO. On dated 11/02/2020 i got physical verification at my office. One australian and one indian origin come to my office and they asked me lot of questions about my work. I already lost hope for granting visa because of long waiting periods but now a days i think there is a hope. I can’t sure about my grant. Is it normal thing or not? What thinking all members on my case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you onshore or offshore?

Never heard of physical verification.

·
Registered
33 Posts
But how they asked for you? I mean do they carry your photograph and asked them that they have come to meet you or what else? Just asking you too many questions as this is the thing we have seen very rare. Wanna get knowledge and your insights can help other candidates too.

I am from Gujarat. They have carried my photograth A4 Size, Passport Copy and one letter from embassy. My office and home address same. They came directly to my home and talked to my wife. I am not present that moment. My wife called me and i am coming from my site to home after 30 min. They asked some questions to my wife about me. When i m reached the home then we sit in my office and they asked me a lot of questions and I answered them. After conversations they asked me too take some photographs of my office. I allowed them and he took my office photographs from outside and inside. Then they leave. I hope everything gonna alright and i will get my grant.
They have done their part & let this incident be an eye opener for others.

What is the status of your Immi account now?

Hope you get your grant soon. All the best.

·
Registered
33 Posts
GRANT IN 6 WEEKS!!!

189/90 Points
(Points obtained onshore but applying from offshore)

EOI: August 6 2019

Invitation received: Jan 10 2020

Visa Lodged: Jan 10 2020

Grant: Feb 22 2020

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Congrats.
Please share the list of documents that you uploaded.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

Finally, after a few years' journey, I received my visa grant this morning. I would like to thank everyone in this forum - the wealth of information in this forum and support from other forum members are really helpful.

To those still waiting, do not lose hope! The grant will finally come one day
Congrats. Share your lodgement details.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi All,

I got my direct grant. It has been a rollercoaster ride is an understatement. Timeline below

Jan - ITA
Feb - Lodge
March - Direct Grant

This forum is the best support system for all immigrants thank you to each and every one who has helped me and answered my queries. Please feel free to ask any questions although i am not very active i will do my best to answer.

Thank you all and may the next invite round be filled with more and more invites for all my hardworking migrant friends.
Congrats. What is your ANZSCO?

·
Registered
33 Posts
How to import the application without agent knowing?? It is impossible.. what’s the procedure?

You require the reference number, your passport details, date of birth. Your agent will not know as long as you don't upload anything.

But why are you worrying about your agent knowing it?
You are paying him and you have all rights to see your application and its status. You can even tell him that you came to know about creating a mirror account, so you have created one.

https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this the latest page for * 189 Visa Lodge/Grants *
I visited this page after months to see very little activity here. Any idea when will the processing of offshore applicants resume?

I applied in Apr'2019 and waiting since then. I haven't even had a CO contact yet. Anyone in the same boat as me?
There is no activity here because there is nothing happening :cry:
Many offshore applicants who are yet to receive their grant are in the same boat as yours. We don't have any updates. It is been 3 years without any information.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Folks, is there any thread that discuss about 189 visa processing details for those who have lodged visa?
my details: lodged date 21-3-2019, CO contact - 19 -2-2020, still in further assessment. As we know the visa processing is delayed due to covid, need to know whether the processing is started again.

Thanks,
You are at the right place in this forum.
For offshore 189 applications, there is no progress except for the medical field.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Once again the borders are closed temporarily for Omicron, it would be at least good to know if a Case officer has looked into file. Even that notifications can bring confidence. Is there any way other the messages from Case officer?
Unfortunately there is no way to contact or get a reply from the case officer. In recent months or in the last 2 years hardly seen any one getting a reply from the CO. If you get a reply for your phone/email/feedback you will be the fortunate person.

1 - 19 of 20 Posts