Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hope everyone is well. I have received my invitation recently. I am just wondering what is the best thread to follow in order to ask/ find answers to frequently asked questions about the 189 application process, documents required etc.
Each applicants circumstances are different. I suggest you may ask your queries as and when they arise in appropriate forums or your own thread. One keyword is to provide all the documents related to Identity, Relationship, Nationality, Education, Employment and experience in full, front load all the documents and get your PCC and Medicals done on time.

Also, I am currently on a 485 Temp Graduate visa so I'm just wondering if anyone is aware of what happens if I apply for my 189 before the current visa expires. Will I be granted a bridging visa till the grant of the 189 ?.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Yes, you will be granted Bridging Visa as soon as your 485 expires and provided you are onshore.

All the best..!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Sorry mate but I doubt this. As mentioned in the official Global visa processing times page, “Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to FINALISE 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally.”
I guess it means finalising an application but not only got contacted by a CO?
You are right in saying that that processing time includes from the date of application to Grant / Rejection. It does not consider any CO contacts..

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Thank you NB.

Another query. I was working with a private company for 8 years (2010 to 2018). I couldnt gather payslips for all the 8 years. The HR and payroll team of the company has responded that they do not have payslips older than Jan 2016. However, I do have the following documents from the company.

1. Roles and Responsibilities from HR in company letterhead
2. All year Form 16
3. Relieving letter (with joining date and relieving date)
4. PF statement

Please let me know if these documents are enough to prove my claim. Is it mandatory to have payslips of all the years? (I do have few payslips. However, I do not have any payslips for the period of 2010-2013).

Thanks.
Substantiate the same with Bank Statements and IT Returns

·
Registered
1,649 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Yeah, I can arrange them.
That is good enough.
Do leave a note so that CO understands that you donot have the payslips prior to 2013 and company archives donot maintain a copy that old as well.. It should be fine.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi
I received an invitation today.
I have a doubt regarding medicals. We are a family of three and onshore applicants. Should we do our medical examination before lodging application or it is better to wait until CO contact us and request for medicals?
Here is what you should do

- Have all documents ready for lodging your visa
- Generate HAP ID and book medicals and complete them
- Once your medicals are completed, lodge your VISA immediately and front load all documents

All the best

Reactions: zak88

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Question:
1. Are all the documents required or can choose among them? If can choose, how many should be provided?
Ideally one per quarter, i.e 4 per year. Attach payslip as well as bank statement for the same period as a proof of salary payment.

2. The payslips and tax returns are system generated. Should these be notarized before uploading?
It is better to notarise, scan and upload, but a clear Colour photocopy would do as well.

Reactions: jha_gaurav

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Guys,
I'm sure someone already answered this somewhere but given how common these keywords are, I am unable to look up the right thread. Does the FBI Clearance and Indian PCC need to be notarized as well ?
No, provided you have a clear colour photocopy of the same

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi Guys, i have another doubt. this might be silly but i want it clarified from you guys. So the CO asked the below in S56:

Evidence of employment
Provide evidence of your claimed period of employment prior to the date of invitation.

Specifically, provide evidence of your employment at: XYZ Technologies Limited
For the period(s): August 2009 to February 2011
Provide:
● pay slips
● tax documents
● bank statements.

So should i provide evidence for all the "claimed period of employment prior to the date of invitation."?

or

should i ONLY provide documents for XYZ technologies for period Aug 2009-Feb 2011?

Please suggest.
If the CO has asked for specific period, provide the same. Dont duplicate the documents, but do provide any missing ones prior to the invitation.
Ideally one bank statement plus payslip per quarter is sufficient.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Physical enquiry... first time i am hearing this kind of things...
They do it in certain cases. Maybe random, maybe based on applicant details.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Really and that too very late... And how much time they take to enquire
It is the local Australian high Commission that comes down for physical enquiry. Generally it is to validate your employment, which is why they drop by at your work place. But they could enquire more on your application too.

How much time they spend is entirely dependent on your particular case.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Please help with this. How do I let CO know about bank not able to provide old statements? Should i take screenshots of the conversation and upload it? Is there any format of the explanation document?
- Include Tax Statements / Returns
- Provide a copy of the bank response and attach as evidence to prove that statements dont exist beyond 7 years

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi NB et all,

We have lodged our application on 27th Nov, 2018 and then it went on hold as my wife got pregnant. On 4th Sept, 2019 we have done all the required documentation for my daughter(incl medical) but till now there is no response. I am now losing hope as I don't see any 2018 application being picked up. It has been a very long wait for us, please suggest what should I do?
Unfortunately, there is nothing much you can do. Technically, your application is dated Sep 2019, since it was hold until then. Nobody can guess what sort of validation is being undertaken with your application.

My since advice is, forget that you have applied for a Visa and go on with your life. trust me, It will be granted one fine day, unless your application is dodgy. I don't see why you need to lose hope on something for which you can't do anything at this stage.

All the best..!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi,

Just wondering when to inform immi regarding wife pregnancy? Or we can do that once the new baby born? What's the rule? Is there any link where I can go read this thing?
Use "Update Us" field in ImmiAccount to mention about Pregnancy and also mention the expected Delivery date. Once you have a baby, use Form 1022 to update details of the child.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Gone are the good old days when we used to get direct grants in 3 months and 65 points were enough to get an invitiation..
Agree with 65 points, but see just two posts above, didn't he receive grant in exact 39 days? This shows how important is documentation and the requirement for it to tick every box. Also important to have PCC and Medicals ready right during the application. The aim should be that when CO looks at your case, he/she should have all the information with them to take a decision.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Lodgment date was 10th December 2018
Last query reply was 17th march 2020
When can i expect my grant?
Nobody can answer this question, but since you replied in march 2020 on a query, it indicates that your case is being worked on.

All the best..!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a query. Currently I am in Australia in 482-Visa and I have lodged my 189 visa from Offshore.
I lodged my 189 visa on dec 2018 and still waiting for grant.
Now due to travel restriction I am not sure whether I will get the grant before end of 2020 being offshore applicant.
My worry is my current 482 visa will expire on Jan 30 2021. Can I able to apply for Bridging Visa A as I am Onshore at present or it is restricted for me as I lodged my visa from Offshore.
Please explain me for this situation.
Thanks
I doubt if you can avail any of the Bridging Visas as your 189 Visa application was made from offshore. Bridging visas are only applicable when you are onshore and are applying / about to apply for another substantive visa. I guess you will have to travel back and await the decision of 189 Visa.

Also, an onshore visa application is decided only when the applicant is onshore. I'm not sure if the same holds good or offshore applications as well. If it does, it is in your best interest to travel back. Either ways, do consult a good MARA agent.

There is Bridging Visa D which might be suitable for you but I'll strongly suggest you contact prestigous migration lawyer to help you do it.
BVD validity is only 5 days and is given for anyone whose is expired or about to expire in 3 days to apply for a substantive visa while being on BVD. OP cannot avail this option.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hello,

We have lodged our application( 75 pts, mechanical) on feb 11 2019 and haven’t heard anything from CO. My question is, as it’s been 1.5 years nearly with no response Is there a chance that Australian govt can cancel our application and keep the visa fee for themselves.

Thank you in advance.
Sunil.
No, Govt will not cancel your Visa application and keep the fees.

There will be a decision made (grant / refusal) eventually or there may be a CO contact before a decision. It is just a waiting game

All the best..!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi All,

Need guidance on the infant pr processing

Myself and my wife granted with AU 189 PR last year june and we are planning to move early next year.

We are blessed with baby boy in Feb this year and I'm trying to understand the process for his application.

Im working in Singapore but currently in India due to covid travel restrictions . I would like to know if its easy to process his PR in India or Singapore.

Please provide your input

Thanks
Congratulations on your new born. Doesnt matter where you apply, as it's offshore

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi.

I have applied my for my 189 back in january. then CO contacted me asking for medicals and police checks.

I did medicals and police checks.

The thing is I grew up in Italy, and lived in BD for 4 years before moving here in Australia. I've lived here in australia for almost 7 years. So basically the only countries I've lived in the past 10 years are Australia and BD.

This means I have to provide PCC only for BD and Australia. Italy doesn't count since it was more than 10 years ago. The thing I am curios about is that I have mentioned my addresses and living history in the form80. I haven't provided my older passports but I did provide details of them in form 80.

Will this be a problem? Will I need to provide proof of addresses showing that I lived in Italy more than 10 years ago? So far I was asked to provide from CO contact, medicals which I did and australian afp check and other countries pcc, which for my calculations I did. I am just scared that they may go like ah we need italian PCC that's why we will reject your application or this will create complications.

Otherwise I have applied everything with the best of my knowledge. professional year, pte naati skills assessment etc.

I was on 90 points.
PCC is required for your stay longer than 12 months in the last 10 years only for 189. So relax, there is no issue with regards to your stay in Italy 11 years ago.

If in case some details are required, CO will ask for it, but as of now, your documentation seems complete with what you've said.

All the best..!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts