Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I completed my application for a 189 Visa yesterday and I have a quick question about documentation. According to the document checklist for the 189 the only thing I need to upload under the character requirements is police checks. In my case this is one from the UK and also one from Australia. I have got both of these so that is fine. From speaking to various people there is a suggestion that I should also upload a completed Form 80 and possibly even a Form 1221 as well. Can any of you confirm is this is correct?

As always any help is greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
PCC : Yes
Form 80,1221 : Yes, if you have a travel history. Again, not mandatory but you never know when DIBP comes demanding for it.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IF you have traveled internationally quite a lot THEN CO invariably asks for FORM 80 in MOST of the cases (observed in this forum).

BUT many people upload FORM 80 at the time of uploading VISA application documents IF they are aspiring for DIRECT GRANT and minimal interaction with CO (to save time).

FORM 1221 is a subset of FORM 80. And in most of the cases this is asked for Secondary applicants.

...IMO...

FORM 80: Upload this for ALL adult applicants.

FORM 1221: Upload this WHEN CO explicitly asks for it.

Hi all,

I completed my application for a 189 Visa yesterday and I have a quick question about documentation. According to the document checklist for the 189 the only thing I need to upload under the character requirements is police checks. In my case this is one from the UK and also one from Australia. I have got both of these so that is fine. From speaking to various people there is a suggestion that I should also upload a completed Form 80 and possibly even a Form 1221 as well. Can any of you confirm is this is correct?

As always any help is greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: Mkanth and Vkind

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help folks, much appreciated. Got all my other documents uploaded and just finishing off the Form 80 as a direct grant would be fantastic.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

||| All The Best with your VISA application |||

Thanks for the help folks, much appreciated. Got all my other documents uploaded and just finishing off the Form 80 as a direct grant would be fantastic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dreyga or any experts,

Can you please list out the documents submitted, apart from PCC/Medicals/Form 80/Form 1221?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Keeda..

One more question.. I do not have an Aadhar Card or Birth Certificate. Will the Driving License be enough ? -- For National ID

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You must use PAN Card instead of Driving License.

Thanks Keeda..

One more question.. I do not have an Aadhar Card or Birth Certificate. Will the Driving License be enough ? -- For National ID

1 - 9 of 9 Posts