Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I have a query regarding 189 Visa documents.

Will the ACS "Reference Letters" suffice or do I *ALSO* need to get fresh new "Experience Letters" from my current and past companies?

Thanks for your help in advance!!

thanks,
Guru

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Past companies: Definitely not.
Current: In my opinion- get a fresh one if the time difference between invitation date and ACS result date has contributed towards any additional points to your work experience.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Current: In my opinion- get a fresh one if the time difference between invitation date and ACS result date has contributed towards any additional points to your work experience.
Hi Keeda,

Thanks for your reply.

In my current company my current job profile (since Nov 2012 - till date) was *NOT* assessed by ACS to meet my ANZSCO job code (System Analyst). So it does NOT fetch me any points. But my previous job role in my current company did fetch me points but that ended in Oct 2012. So should i get the experience letter for that again? I think your answer will be 'no' but just wanted to confirm.

thanks,
Guru

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Keeda,

Thanks for your reply.

In my current company my current job profile (since Nov 2012 - till date) was *NOT* assessed by ACS to meet my ANZSCO job code (System Analyst). So it does NOT fetch me any points. But my previous job role in my current company did fetch me points but that ended in Oct 2012. So should i get the experience letter for that again? I think your answer will be 'no' but just wanted to confirm.

thanks,
Guru
You are right. In this case you don't need anything new.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,

My case is similar but the gap between ACS letter date and invitation date fetched me 5 points. Unfortunately, my company didn't provided any exp. letter at that time so i provided Referral letter. Should I need to do the same for this gap too?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Rocky, I did not understand this well. All I can say is that you need an evidence (referral, experience, declaration- whatever you call it) to prove that you are eligible for those additional 5 points because you continued to work in the same occupation using the same skills. You should be fine as long as that paper is given by your manager/ HR with dates covering that period, the words "full time" (or 20+ hours pw), and the list of skills (of course inline with your ANZSCO) you applied on the job.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for information. I'm looking for same information.Sorry, If you didn't understand that. So, basically I need submit referral letter for that period Let's say (April - August) ..

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi Keeda,

Now, this sends shivers through my spine.

Here is my situation.

I have been assessed by ACS till 02/15 by which time I have experience of 4 years and 9 months (excluding the 2 years deduction). I have waited for another 3 months so that I can complete 5 years of experience and also score those extra 5 points. Now I have claimed 10 points for 5 years.

Since ACS has assessed my employment till 02/15, cant I use the same reference letter that I submitted to ACS for DIAC application aswell? Do I need to get a fresh reference letter from my current company as on date?

To put it in simple words my current reference letter is 5 months old. But within these 5 months I have gained extra 5 points.

Please note that I have submitted all the payslips till date and also the current Form 16 and ITR Acknowledgement for the current year to DIAC.

Would this suffice or do I need to get a fresh reference letter?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Keeda,

Now, this sends shivers through my spine.

Here is my situation.

I have been assessed by ACS till 02/15 by which time I have experience of 4 years and 9 months (excluding the 2 years deduction). I have waited for another 3 months so that I can complete 5 years of experience and also score those extra 5 points. Now I have claimed 10 points for 5 years.

Since ACS has assessed my employment till 02/15, cant I use the same reference letter that I submitted to ACS for DIAC application aswell? Do I need to get a fresh reference letter from my current company as on date?

To put it in simple words my current reference letter is 5 months old. But within these 5 months I have gained extra 5 points.

Please note that I have submitted all the payslips till date and also the current Form 16 and ITR Acknowledgement for the current year to DIAC.

Would this suffice or do I need to get a fresh reference letter?

Thanks in advance.
No, it will not suffice. Just getting paid is not enough proof (companies pay you even when you are working on any other irrelevant project or on bench, etc). So you need that new reference letter or statutory declaration to prove that you indeed have been working in the nominated occupation and hence are worthy of those extra points you claimed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Keeda,

I got my ACS done in 2013 with the help of a consultant.I also have the credentials for the previous ACS account. Should I create a new account with ACS or continue with the previous account.

This time I am going to apply by myself. Can you also help me with a specific format for work EX as a BA 261111. So that I can get a similar thing on the Notary by my ex-manager.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Keeda,

I got my ACS done in 2013 with the help of a consultant.I also have the credentials for the previous ACS account. Should I create a new account with ACS or continue with the previous account.

This time I am going to apply by myself. Can you also help me with a specific format for work EX as a BA 261111. So that I can get a similar thing on the Notary by my ex-manager.

Thanks in advance.
Link to the existing account. As for reference format- I don't have any specific to your occupation, but this thread has a few which should help you understand the structure: My Journey For Australia PR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts