Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Experts,

While applying and filling up the online 189 application form, i have some questions:

Online Form:
1. What should be entered in the usual country of residence (i am currently in Australia on 457).

2. For my wife's education (awaiting her final year bachelors result), should i put the highest education as Bachelors with completion date in future or put the 12th Grade (which is completed)?? Have not claimed any points for partner skills.

3. Based on answer to point 2 above, for functional English, a letter from her Bachelors college will do or need from her high school??

4. Is Birth Certificate a mandatory document for myself (the primary applicant)??

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi Experts,

While applying and filling up the online 189 application form, i have some questions:

Online Form:
1. What should be entered in the usual country of residence (i am currently in Australia on 457).

2. For my wife's education (awaiting her final year bachelors result), should i put the highest education as Bachelors with completion date in future or put the 12th Grade (which is completed)?? Have not claimed any points for partner skills.

3. Based on answer to point 2 above, for functional English, a letter from her Bachelors college will do or need from her high school??

4. Is Birth Certificate a mandatory document for myself (the primary applicant)??
1.) Usual Country of residence is India, but if its asking for current residence mention Australia

2.) 12th Grade since it is completed. You can add another entry mentioning start date of Bachelors and in end date mention "Awaiting Results"

3.) Get from both as 12th is the completed one and people need to know that she has pursued college

4.) Birth document is mandatory... in order to satisfy this requirement you can upload birth certificate/passport/ other documents... it is not mandatory to upload birth certificate

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Experts,

Online Form:

1. Usual country is the country you reside in. Australia for you, since you are here on a work permit; are a resident for tax purpose.

2. Do not put her Bachelors as completed yet; not until she graduates. Her current completed education is 12th grade.

3. Since she has not completed her first year of her Bachelor's yet (still awaiting results). If she is studying in Australia; you get use a letter from her college showing she completed 1 year in an Australian institute. If not in Australia; best thing to do is get a letter from school showing that she either studied atleast 5 years in secondary school; or, atleast 3 in secondary along with all years of primary education in English medium. Visit https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english

4. Birth certificate is the preferred document. However, I have seen some Indian applicants provide high-school leaving certificate as a proof of age. (you can cross-check this on other threads on this forum)

Reactions: Vini875

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
1.) Usual Country of residence is India, but if its asking for current residence mention Australia

2.) 12th Grade since it is completed. You can add another entry mentioning start date of Bachelors and in end date mention "Awaiting Results"

3.) Get from both as 12th is the completed one and people need to know that she has pursued college

4.) Birth document is mandatory... in order to satisfy this requirement you can upload birth certificate/passport/ other documents... it is not mandatory to upload birth certificate
In my opinion A1. Is wrong

The definition of usual country of residence is where you have either stayed or intend to stay for 6 months or more
India is only your home country
As you are obviously going to stay in Australia for 6 months or more, the answer should be Australia only

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the responses. I see i have answers for all the questions asked and also should be helpful for others.

·
Registered
458 Posts
In my opinion A1. Is wrong

The definition of usual country of residence is where you have either stayed or intend to stay for 6 months or more
India is only your home country
As you are obviously going to stay in Australia for 6 months or more, the answer should be Australia only

Cheers
Understood :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts