Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear experts,

I have been invited to apply to an 189 visa.

Right after I received my invitation, I started to make contacts with some companies in Australia that might be interested in some specific knowledge/skills I possess, and I received some positive feedback from one of them (not yet a job offer, though).

My question is:

What if I apply to 189 and then that company offers me a job? Would it be possible to change my application to an employer-sponsored application?

Or could they simply indicate their interest in hiring me so the immigration department can speed up my 189 grant?

·
Registered
965 Posts
No company woudl sponsor a PR directly unless you have a rare skill. Continue with 189 and get it yourself

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No company woudl sponsor a PR directly unless you have a rare skill. Continue with 189 and get it yourself
Hi AM,

Thanks for your feedback. It happens that I DO have some rare skills and I've already made some contacts with a company that is interested on that kind of skills.

What would I do if they offer me a job while I'm in the middle of the 189 application? I mean, would I be able to speed up my process if the company stated the interest in hiring me to the immigration department? Or would it be better to change my 189 application to an 186 (if that is even possible)?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts