Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a software consultant and looking to apply for the 189 visa. Can someone give me a template of the work experience expected by ACS? Should I have the same words given in the ANZSCO - description or can I have it in different format?

If anyone can share theirs, shading the names,etc. - it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Guru

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi,

I am a software consultant and looking to apply for the 189 visa. Can someone give me a template of the work experience expected by ACS? Should I have the same words given in the ANZSCO - description or can I have it in different format?

If anyone can share theirs, shading the names,etc. - it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Guru
hi guru,

there is no need to CTRL+ and CTRL+V the contents of job description. However, ensure that you use most of the key words for that occupation which makes your case strong for getting positive skills outcome without hassles. However, you may expand few job aspects adding the technologies, tools and platforms you work on in addition to existing descriptions.

sathiya

Reactions: gururajan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sathya, Is it possible to send a sample for software engineer? I guess the letter should not exceed more than 2 pages and I assume I have to give someone as reference in case they want to contact me. Please advice.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks Sathya, Is it possible to send a sample for software engineer? I guess the letter should not exceed more than 2 pages and I assume I have to give someone as reference in case they want to contact me. Please advice.
hi guru,

unfortunately, i don't have any sample for software engineer profile. However, the following format suits everyone. There is no limit in number of pages. This must be ideally received from your immediate manager or HR manager of the company on company's letterhead. In the worst case, if nothing works out, you can get this on stamp paper clearly mentioning the same and your boss sign on it that is to be notorixed by a lawyer finally before sending it to ACS for skills assessment.

The letter starts like " This is in regards to your name who has been working as xyz position ij our company on full-time from dd/mm/yyy till today. i have been closely working with him (in case declarer is your co-worker) or he has been reporting/reported to me during his tenure. I confirm his roles and responsibilities as follows,.

List the responsibilities one by one using bullets.

I recommend him for his future assignments. He has been showing dedication towards his tasks and so .......

please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to know more about him.

Sincerely,

Manager's name/colleague's name,
designation,
company's name,
address,
email:
mobile:

That's it! Simple.

Reactions: gururajan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate - I will use this as a template and create mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts