Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

189 VISA - 2613 Analyst Programmer - 60 points - EOI submitted on 9th Aug 2013.

I come from B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering background. I had my skills assessment done by ACS on 2-Apr-2013. ACS had given 6 years as skilled experince for my offshore experience saying related to the ANESCO job code. I claim 10 points here.

I am waiting for EOI invite at the moment and I would like to know that if I lodge my VISA application post invite, will DIAC consider all the 6 years as the skilled employment or will they cut down 5 years from offshore experience as my education background is B.E ECE. This concern I am raising is because of the recent changes ACS brought in during May 2013, where in my assessment was done prior to that. I may lose 10 points in this case.

Will there be any refund if DIAC rejects my VISA.

Kindly share your suggestions and thoughts.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi,

189 VISA - 2613 Analyst Programmer - 60 points - EOI submitted on 9th Aug 2013.

I come from B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering background. I had my skills assessment done by ACS on 2-Apr-2013. ACS had given 6 years as skilled experince for my offshore experience saying related to the ANESCO job code. I claim 10 points here.

I am waiting for EOI invite at the moment and I would like to know that if I lodge my VISA application post invite, will DIAC consider all the 6 years as the skilled employment or will they cut down 5 years from offshore experience as my education background is B.E ECE. This concern I am raising is because of the recent changes ACS brought in during May 2013, where in my assessment was done prior to that. I may lose 10 points in this case.

Will there be any refund if DIAC rejects my VISA.

Kindly share your suggestions and thoughts.
Hi buddy,

Firstly, check whether ACS has mentioned anything like "after/from dd/mm/200x, your experience has been considered equate to XXXXX occupation code YYYY" . If they clearly mentioned, then claim only the points for that skilled employment period indicated by ACS. If you claim the same thing in EOI, then no need to worry. DIAC will consider only the skilled employment highlighted by ACS. As a result, there should not any concerns. DIAC accepts the experience evaluated by the ACS.

In your case, you should not worry as you escaped from this disaster otherwise called new rule (ha ha ha).

If DIAC rejects your visa, i hope this will not happen, you can appeal to them stating the same. However, they do refund the money once in a blue moon.

Be optimistic and you will get it through.

All the best,
Sathiya

Reactions: jre05

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi buddy,

Firstly, check whether ACS has mentioned anything like "after/from dd/mm/200x, your experience has been considered equate to XXXXX occupation code YYYY" . If they clearly mentioned, then claim only the points for that skilled employment period indicated by ACS. If you claim the same thing in EOI, then no need to worry. DIAC will consider only the skilled employment highlighted by ACS. As a result, there should not any concerns. DIAC accepts the experience evaluated by the ACS.

In your case, you should not worry as you escaped from this disaster otherwise called new rule (ha ha ha).

If DIAC rejects your visa, i hope this will not happen, you can appeal to them stating the same. However, they do refund the money once in a blue moon.

Be optimistic and you will get it through.

All the best,
Sathiya
I am also in same situation as of OP. I am afraid if DIAC would reduce 5 points.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi All...I dont know whether its bad news or making you aware the actual situation..

THERE IS NO SUCH THING CALLED OLD ACS OR NEW ACS FORMAT.

Confirmed from ACS.
Because people are wrongly claiming the points for the employment which was considered to meet the required skill, under the points migration system, ACS has changed the Result format to include the Date after which the applicant can claim the Points for skilled migration.

Remind you..no old or new acs.

My fried Sunny submitted and the CO rejected. CO himself informed him regarding this. He lost AUD 3500.

It all depends on the CO. Those who got the grants, I say lucky enough but apply at your own risk.
I have seen ATLEAST 22 grants recently from my fraternity of people and from this forum. There is no rejection for any of them. In fact, 3 of them had only 3 years experience and they did their MCA and not even Engineering degree and have their ACS results in Oct 2012 and until March 2013.

This has also been confirmed from MARA agent that one who has old ACS can claim points and one has new ACS cannot claim points. Its very readable too in the ACS report that it is valid for 2 years.

Moreover, due to over competition and to stabilize this migration in this highly competitive environment since May 2013, there has been strict rubrics. Its just to filter and to meet the demand that are in need.

There are also many in the forum too who are yet to receive grants with 60 points in 189 who has only 3.2 years work experience and claimed 5 points with old ACS.

The luck thing that you were talking about is not to ACS. The DIAC has firm rules and will not act like issuing visa for JRE and rejecting visa for Naveen. They are questionable. Like you just wrote above, no COs can act without a rubric. Please do not write such things in public forum. They have their own frameworks to assess an application. If a guy's visa is rejected, its purely on the basis of background verification of the documents he provide to evidence the claim. If it is not convincing, apparent, the visa should be rejected.

I have also seen a visa approved within 1 month for a guy with 60 points just last week and he has only 3 years work experience and old ACS and 5 points he claimed for work experience.

Your statement of luck holds good only for the destiny of the applicant and not based on who get which CO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2613 Analyst Programmer

For 189 Visa, I am able to score 60 points based on Age, Education and Experience.

AND

For 190 Visa, I am able to score 65 points based on Age, Education, Experience and State Sponsorship.

Now I am planning for a EOI based on above scores. Can anybody help me here, I am in dilemma. Should I apply for 189 Visa with 60 points or 190 Visa with 65 points. What are the chances of invitation on 60 points.

At the same time I don't want myself to be restricted in a single state.

Timely help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts