Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am planning for my ACS, having close to 7 Years of experience in IT and completed B.Tech IT ( Expecting ACS to deduct 2 Years of Experience).

Company 1 : 22-June-2010 to 02-Nov-2012 - India
Company 2 : 06-Dec-2012 to 26-June-2015 - India
Company 3 : 17-Aug-2015 to present - India & Australia

Australia Exp : 15 Aug 2016 to 5 Nov 2016 & 20 Nov 2016 - 30 -Dec 2016

If you notice I have 2 and half months of GAP in employment, then I have 4 months of Australia experience.

From the present employer I have received the Roles and Responsibilities letter with out mentioning during I was In Australia.

I would have counted the GAP, Australia experience and waited for 6 more months to claim 10 points for my experience. But I might travel Australia in 457 soon for long term. So if I wait then I end up waiting for close to 1 year for claiming 10 points.

Age - 30
Education - 15
Experience - 5 worst case (Planning for 10)
English - Max 10 (65 in PTE) - Min 0( 50+ plus in PTE already)

My Plan - 30+15+10+10

Any advise or inputs would be greatly appreciated !!

Regards,
Gopi

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am planning for my ACS, having close to 7 Years of experience in IT and completed B.Tech IT ( Expecting ACS to deduct 2 Years of Experience).

Company 1 : 22-June-2010 to 02-Nov-2012 - India

Company 2 : 06-Dec-2012 to 26-June-2015 - India

Company 3 : 17-Aug-2015 to present - India & Australia

Australia Exp : 15 Aug 2016 to 5 Nov 2016 & 20 Nov 2016 - 30 -Dec 2016

If you notice I have 2 and half months of GAP in employment, then I have 4 months of Australia experience.

From the present employer I have received the Roles and Responsibilities letter with out mentioning during I was In Australia.

I would have counted the GAP, Australia experience and waited for 6 more months to claim 10 points for my experience. But I might travel Australia in 457 soon for long term. So if I wait then I end up waiting for close to 1 year for claiming 10 points.

Age - 30

Education - 15

Experience - 5 worst case (Planning for 10)

English - Max 10 (65 in PTE) - Min 0( 50+ plus in PTE already)

My Plan - 30+15+10+10

Any advise or inputs would be greatly appreciated !!

Regards,

Gopi

I see that you have visited Australia for a short term for 4 months - the question is in which Visa you visited. If I'm not wrong, only 457 exp will be considered as Australian experience - if you had visited in subclass 400/600 then you cannot claim that to be Australian experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see that you have visited Australia for a short term for 4 months - the question is in which Visa you visited. If I'm not wrong, only 457 exp will be considered as Australian experience - if you had visited in subclass 400/600 then you cannot claim that to be Australian experience.

Hi Chirag,

I traveled in 457 only, but I don't want to claim the Australian experience and including those 4 months in overseas experience only. Will it be a problem? my roles and responsibilities letter not having the line items showing that i worked in Australia.

My question here is whether it will become a problem if I am not showing it as Australian experience and not having it as part of my roles and responsibilities letter.

Also, how the short breaks between employment will be treated by DIBP?

I have to go for my EOI based on the above points.

Regards,
Gopi

·
Registered
23,880 Posts
Hi Chirag,

I traveled in 457 only, but I don't want to claim the Australian experience and including those 4 months in overseas experience only. Will it be a problem? my roles and responsibilities letter not having the line items showing that i worked in Australia.

My question here is whether it will become a problem if I am not showing it as Australian experience and not having it as part of my roles and responsibilities letter.

Also, how the short breaks between employment will be treated by DIBP?

I have to go for my EOI based on the above points.

Regards,
Gopi
Do you really think you can hide from DIBP that you worked n Australia for 4 months ?

You have to give details of all Australian visas issued to you in the past in form 80 and 1221 and your stay in Australia

Of course it will be a problem that your RNR does not show the Australian experience
4 months is a long period

The Australian experience was after ACS assessment or before?
If it is after the ACS assessment, just show it as Australian experience and don't claim points for it
Don't show it as overseas experience under any circumstances
Straight away your application can be rejected without even referring to you as it will be a clear case of claiming more points

I don't understand why the applicants try to manipulate the system, when the chances of getting away with it are very low

Cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you really think you can hide from DIBP that you worked n Australia for 4 months ?

You have to give details of all Australian visas issued to you in the past in form 80 and 1221 and your stay in Australia

Of course it will be a problem that your RNR does not show the Australian experience
4 months is a long period

The Australian experience was after ACS assessment or before?
If it is after the ACS assessment, just show it as Australian experience and don't claim points for it
Don't show it as overseas experience under any circumstances
Straight away your application can be rejected without even referring to you as it will be a clear case of claiming more points

I don't understand why the applicants try to manipulate the system, when the chances of getting away with it are very low

Cheers
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I definitely know that I can't hide from DIBP. I worked for same Indian employer in Australia; obviously yes, I worked in Australia that is the most important point here. Before going for ACS I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Regards,
Gopi

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Positively assessed by ACS Aug'17

Company 3 India during ACS assessment(Jan'17 to Nov'17)

Company 3 Australia after ACS assessment( Nov'17 - till date)

Please let me know whether I have to apply for ACS again to claim points for my Australian experience from Nov'17.

ANZSCO [ Self & Partner ]: 261311 & 261312
Age(30) + Edu(15) + Eng(10) + Work Exp(5) + Partner Skills(5)= 65 +5
189 : 65 19-Apr-2018
190 : 65+5 NSW 19-Apr-2018
5 more points by end of June 2018(Australian Exp)

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi ,

My Question is - Can we claim points for 400 Visa experience?
If Yes- How can we show the proof of 400 visa as we are not paid by the company.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts