Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know how ranking is done based on the points scored in points-based-system for 189 PR visa for Australia after EOI is submitted, and what increases my chance of being invited to apply for the visa.
Is it based on the total score or score in the individual sections(Age, English ability score, Work experience etc.)?
For instance, if my English proficiency points are 20 and work experience points are 5 and total score is 70, will I be ranked against other competitors based on my total points which is 70 or individual section points?
Since my work experience points are less, will it decrease my chances of being invited?
Please guide.

Thanks,
Sachita

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Hi,

I would like to know how ranking is done based on the points scored in points-based-system for 189 PR visa for Australia after EOI is submitted, and what increases my chance of being invited to apply for the visa.
Is it based on the total score or score in the individual sections(Age, English ability score, Work experience etc.)?
For instance, if my English proficiency points are 20 and work experience points are 5 and total score is 70, will I be ranked against other competitors based on my total points which is 70 or individual section points?
Since my work experience points are less, will it decrease my chances of being invited?
Please guide.

Thanks,
Sachita
Individual points have no significance
All,points have same weightage
Higher points always wins irrespective of application date

In case of equal points, the earlier applicant gets priority

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi newbienz,

Also, can you tell me how much points can my partner claim for my skill assessment if I am getting 5 points for my overseas work experience?
And how can a couple apply together for the 189 sub-class visa?

·
Registered
25,728 Posts
Hi newbienz,

Also, can you tell me how much points can my partner claim for my skill assessment if I am getting 5 points for my overseas work experience?
And how can a couple apply together for the 189 sub-class visa?
Your skills assessment should be for an anzsco code which is in the same list as your spouse

You should have competent English

These are the 2 main criteria amongst others to claim spouse points

There is no concept of couples application
The spouse gets a grant based on the main applicant

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.