Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Nice to know there's a place where people can consult with each other.

Hopefully will get my questions answered.

I have received the invitation for general accountat based on 80 points, 5 of which are related to workplace experience.

What happens if after my submission of the application, the case Officer decides that my workplace experience is irrelevant and therefore I have only 75 points?

1. Does my application get rejected?

2. Do I have to submit a new EOI based on 75 points? and if so, what is the average waiting period for receiving a new invitation via SkillSelect?

3. Does my application still proceed with 75 points?
I have received the invitation based on 80 points, 5 of which are related to workplace experience.

I am looking forward to receiving some clarification please.

Cheers,
Gil

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi all,

I have received the invitation for general accountat based on 80 points, 5 of which are related to workplace experience.

What happens if after my submission of the application, the case Officer decides that my workplace experience is irrelevant and therefore I have only 75 points?

2. Do I have to submit a new EOI based on 75 points? and if so, what is the average waiting period for receiving a new invitation via SkillSelect?

I have received the invitation based on 80 points, 5 of which are related to workplace experience.

Cheers,
Gil
1. Usually ACS/EA evaluation is accepted by DIBP. If you got +ive assessment there, then we dont expect an issue from DIBP. If however, DIBP has issues then yes, application might get rejected.
2. If rejected, then yes you need to submit new EOI with 75 points. These points should get you an immediate invite in next round.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi all,

If you over claim points and CO finds your work experience irrelevent, YES, considering wrong information provided

I suggest ,always count points conservatively, If you feel the previous EOI is wrong, YES, submit new one with actual points whatever you feel relevant.I can not predict waiting times,sorry

I doubt this

Cheers,
Gil

Good luck

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
1. Usually ACS/EA evaluation is accepted by DIBP. If you got +ive assessment there, then we dont expect an issue from DIBP. If however, DIBP has issues then yes, application might get rejected.
2. If rejected, then yes you need to submit new EOI with 75 points. These points should get you an immediate invite in next round.
For accountants, Assessment body is CPA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for answering guys.

I will proceed/withdraw my application once I get it assessed by CPA.

Is that possible to have TWO EOIs at the same time, so I can lodge a new EOI with 75 points?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

Is that possible to have TWO EOIs at the same time, so I can lodge a new EOI with 75 points?

Cheers
SkillSelect doesn't stop you from having multiple EOIs

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,

Does it matter if already got invited and my original application hasn't been submitted yet? I have 50 more days to lodge my application for the one with the 80 points...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks,

Does it matter if already got invited and my original application hasn't been submitted yet? I have 50 more days to lodge my application for the one with the 80 points...
You can create a new EOI if you do not wish to use the invite you got. But make sure that you withdraw the original EOI if you get invite on your new EOI.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks,

Hi Gil

Unlike ICT and Engineering experience recognised by the respective Skills Assessing bodies, recognition by CA or CPA is not always accepted by DIBP. so if you have some concerns about it I would recommend immediately lodging a new 75 point EOI, which should get invited in 1 or 2 rounds, and cancel the previous 80 point EOI straight after the 60 days has expired so that you don't waste a second invite that somebody else could have got

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

Cheers

Let the current EOI invite lapse, if you don't apply for visa now, it will be automatically ,

Lodge a new EOI with 75 points and wait for invite to proceed.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G'day guys,

I lodged a new EOI with 75 points last night and will withdraw my application with the 80 points just before the 60 days expire.

Thanks for your help ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys, attached is a screenshot from the DIBP website regarding EOI.
If I already received the invitation for 80 points and opened an account with ImmiAccount, however, have not submitted my application yet.

Does this mean that I will not be invited in another round for 75 points for my new EOI?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
just warning you that just because you got invited on your 1st EOI, you may not get invited in the next one due to differing supply and demand factors - just go ahead and lodge a new EOI

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Tony

If you could please clarify it a bit more, it would be really appreciated.

I did lodge a new EOI with 75 points last night while the old EOI hasn't lapsed it.

Do you reckon I have to withdraw my application for the one with 80 points or just leave it till it lapses?

I do not want to take any risk in here and would like to get invited asap.

I submitted an EOI for 189, 190 and 489 visas, just in case. (That's what I did with the original EOI as well).

The fact that got invited, created an ImmiAccount but haven't lodged my application does not stop me from receiving another invitation for 75, isn't it?

Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys,

I am currently having TWO EOIs:

One EOI is with 80 points which I got invited for. However, I have not submitted the application yet and it will lapse in 50 days time.

The other EOI is with 75 points which I created yesterday.

My question is, during the time that the application for the EOI with 80 points is still open, can I get another invitation for the EOI with 75 points? Or the EOI with 80 points has to lapse before I can get invited for the EOI with 75 points?

Thanks for answering :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hi Tony

If you could please clarify it a bit more, it would be really appreciated.

I did lodge a new EOI with 75 points last night while the old EOI hasn't lapsed it.

Do you reckon I have to withdraw my application for the one with 80 points or just leave it till it lapses?

I do not want to take any risk in here and would like to get invited asap.

I submitted an EOI for 189, 190 and 489 visas, just in case. (That's what I did with the original EOI as well).

The fact that got invited, created an ImmiAccount but haven't lodged my application does not stop me from receiving another invitation for 75, isn't it?

Cheers
Hi Gil

Yes, you can receive invite on a separate EOI while another one has been invited. I am not sure you can void/cancel/lapse an EOI during the 60 day period - so you may have to wait - bu tit is no big deal either way

Regards

tony

1 - 17 of 17 Posts