Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning people.

I would appreciate those who attempt to answer my question.

I will explain my situation briefly:

1. My EOI for accounting with 80 points received invitation two weeks ago. However, I have yet to submit the application. There are about 45 more days before it will lapse.

2. 5 points out of 80 have been claimed as workplace experience.

3. I have sent a letter from my employer to CPA and currently waiting for their answer.

4. I have created another EOI a week ago with 75 points, this time I did not include workplace experience.

5. Now, I don't know what CPA will decide, whether to except my workplace or not. Therefore I would prefer to apply once I get invited for my second EOI, the one with the 75 points. In that case I wouldn't have to upload a confirmation letter from CPA, just in case the Department rejects it.

6. I thought that this morning (13/9/2017) I will be getting invitation for my second EOI, but I haven't. :(

7. I have been advised by a migration agent that although I have one application that is still open (80 points EOI), it doesn't stop me from receiving another invitation for the 75 points EOI.

8. These are my options:

a) Submit the 80 points EOI once receiving CPA confirmation.

b) If CPA does not except my workplace experience than let the 80 points EOI lapse without submitting the application. (I won't submit if CPA doesn't recognize it).

c) Wait to receive invitation for the 75 points EOI.

What do you guys recommend me to do?

Thanks for reading and answering.

Looking forward to reading your responses.

Cheers,
Gil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Good morning people.

I would appreciate those who attempt to answer my question.

I will explain my situation briefly:

1. My EOI for accounting with 80 points received invitation two weeks ago. However, I have yet to submit the application. There are about 45 more days before it will lapse.

2. 5 points out of 80 have been claimed as workplace experience.

3. I have sent a letter from my employer to CPA and currently waiting for their answer.

4. I have created another EOI a week ago with 75 points, this time I did not include workplace experience.

5. Now, I don't know what CPA will decide, whether to except my workplace or not. Therefore I would prefer to apply once I get invited for my second EOI, the one with the 75 points. In that case I wouldn't have to upload a confirmation letter from CPA, just in case the Department rejects it.

6. I thought that this morning (13/9/2017) I will be getting invitation for my second EOI, but I haven't.


7. I have been advised by a migration agent that although I have one application that is still open (80 points EOI), it doesn't stop me from receiving another invitation for the 75 points EOI.

8. These are my options:

a) Submit the 80 points EOI once receiving CPA confirmation.

b) If CPA does not except my workplace experience than let the 80 points EOI lapse without submitting the application. (I won't submit if CPA doesn't recognize it).

c) Wait to receive invitation for the 75 points EOI.

What do you guys recommend me to do?

Thanks for reading and answering.

Looking forward to reading your responses.

Cheers,
Gil
The trends seem to show that a 75 point eoi will definitely get invites in 1 or 2 rounds... Current known move is till August 3rd
My suggestion to you would be to withdraw your 75 point eoi for the time being. If you do not get the CPA confirmation within the 60 day time period for your current invite, then lodge 75 points. You'll get that for sure. I'm sure you do not want to waste someone else's chance just because you aren't certain about your 5 points while you have a sure shot later on anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your response Darshana.

I have already lodged an EOI with 75 points.

I don't believe I can withdraw an application, it has to lapse.

So the the interim, I am waiting for CPA to confirm. If it's recognised than I will submit the 80 points EOI, if they won't recognize my workplace experience then I will wait for the 75 points EOI to get invited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,893 Posts
Thank you for your response Darshana.

I have already lodged an EOI with 75 points.

I don't believe I can withdraw an application, it has to lapse.

So the the interim, I am waiting for CPA to confirm. If it's recognised than I will submit the 80 points EOI, if they won't recognize my workplace experience then I will wait for the 75 points EOI to get invited.
You can withdraw or suspend an EOI before you get an invite
If you have an invite, then you can do it only after the invite lapses

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
If you are unable to provide the required documentary evidence in support of an application for a 189 (PTS) visa you have the option of letting this invitation lapse and revising your EOI when it is unlocked. Alternatively you can submit another EOI.
^ Well, looking at the invitation letter these are your options. Perhaps prepare your submission (because you have to either way), and if CPA makes it for your 60 days then great!

Meanwhile, submit another EOI as a backup plan. Remember to withdraw any duplicate EOIs once you move on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys,

The 80 points EOI already God the invitation. 5 points of it is workplace experience. I just want to back it up with CPA prior submitting my application.

ALSO, I have created a 75 points EOI without workplace experience. That in case CPA does not approve my experience.

I am currently waiting to get invited for the 75 points EOI which was created on 31/8/17.

If I receive invitation for the 75 points EOI I would proceed with this and let the 80 points EOI lapse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Guys,

The 80 points EOI already God the invitation. 5 points of it is workplace experience. I just want to back it up with CPA prior submitting my application.

ALSO, I have created a 75 points EOI without workplace experience. That in case CPA does not approve my experience.

I am currently waiting to get invited for the 75 points EOI which was created on 31/8/17.

If I receive invitation for the 75 points EOI I would proceed with this and let the 80 points EOI lapse.
My suggestion was that since you'll get 75 points invite anyway, why don't you suspend it till your 60 day timeline for 80 points gets over. If you get CPA confirmation in the meanwhile, then withdraw the 75 points EOI... But if you don't and you are unable to apply with 80 points, then unsuspend the 75 points EOI and you'll get your invite immediately or max within 1 or 2 calls anyway...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reason that I am not suspending the 75 points EOI is because I don't want to waste time and take any risk.
Even if CPA confirms my employment I am still thinking of whether I should proceed with the 80 points invitation since the Department might think differently from CPA and can reject my application.

Hopefully I will get the invitation for the 75 EOI within 2 weeks time as I haven't received it today.
:(

In that case I won't have to worry about workplace experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
The reason that I am not suspending the 75 points EOI is because I don't want to waste time and take any risk.
Even if CPA confirms my employment I am still thinking of whether I should proceed with the 80 points invitation since the Department might think differently from CPA and can reject my application.

Hopefully I will get the invitation for the 75 EOI within 2 weeks time as I haven't received it today.


In that case I won't have to worry about workplace experience.
If CPA accepts them DIBP will not reject it. And if you suspend your EOI, I believe your original date remains when you unsuspend it assuming there is no change in points. So you aren't losing any time either
And if you were really so doubtful of your work experience why would you put an EOI with 80 points in any case? There are so many people losing chances just because of such issues..

In any case, your wish! I just hope others do not get encouraged to do the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
The reason that I am not suspending the 75 points EOI is because I don't want to waste time and take any risk.
Even if CPA confirms my employment I am still thinking of whether I should proceed with the 80 points invitation since the Department might think differently from CPA and can reject my application.

Hopefully I will get the invitation for the 75 EOI within 2 weeks time as I haven't received it today.
:(

In that case I won't have to worry about workplace experience.


Keeping multiple EOIs is perfectly fine as per DIBP guidelines. However, doing so, and getting multiple invites will certainly raise ethical questions.

These invites could have otherwise gone to someone else; ones patiently waiting for past several months.

Having said so, no one will stop you from doing so.

I dont know how CPA works, but assessments from almost all other skills assessment authorities are required to be completed before getting invited. Make sure you understand the eligibility requirements before lodging the visa.

Yes, DIBP is not liable to follow CPA or any other assessment agencies' decision. It is totaly at their discretion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top