Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mates,

Today I was bombarded by CO's decision of refusal for 189 SC Software Engineer category.

Let me explain it here :

I have non ICT degree in "Bio-technology Engineering" with 7 years of experience.
I have relevant work experience of 7 years as a software engineer so I applied for
ACS- RPL ( Recognition of Prior Learning) on 24th March,2012 we got the positive outcome from ACS on 19th June. I am pasting a snippet from same here :

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
The following employment after December 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code."

On the basis of this, I went ahead and claimed 10 points for work experience in our EOI.

Refusal:
======
Today I got an email from my CO, letting me know that VISA has been refused and all claimed 10 points have been deducted and our EOI left with 55 points only, hence the refusal.

Reason by CO:
===========
On the 20 July 2013 you provided in conjunction with your application a skills assessment from the Australian Computer Society (ACS) dated 19 June 2013 reference: XXXX. ACS provided an assessment of your work experience: Senior Software Engineer at XXXX (India) November 2006 – December 2009; Associate - Projects at XXXX(India) January 2010 – March 2011; Senior System Engineer at XXX (India) March 2011 – March 2013.

ACS made the following statement regarding your work experience:
The following employment after December 2012 is considered to equate to work at anappropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO code.

Following an assessment of your work experience I am not satisfied that you were employed in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation, for at least 60 months in the months in the 10 years immediately before the time of invitation to apply for the visa and no points are awarded.

My Question to Forum:
================
According to ACS (old) if I have 6 years of experience I am eligible for 10 points in case of RPL too. People with RPl exp. please reply and help.

I have written to my assessor and his reply is as follows :

"The date provided in your skill assessment result letter is the date you have met the ACS requirements.

Your experience 11/06 to 12/12 has been considered in your skill assessment application in determining the outcome of your application.

You were required to demonstrate 6 years’ experience which was completed in 12/12

12/12 is the date you met the ACS requirements and is the date in which you have been deemed to reach the appropriate skilled level for your nominated occupation."

Please help in understanding the situation, what we should do next, is it a mistake from ACS in mentioning the reference letter or our CO has mistaken it.

Please reply we have very less time to revert to our CO.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
ACS- RPL ( Recognition of Prior Learning) on 24th March,2012 we got the positive outcome from ACS on 19th June.

Is this 24th March 2012 or 2013 ?

Dragoman

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ACS- RPL ( Recognition of Prior Learning) on 24th March,2012 we got the positive outcome from ACS on 19th June.

Is this 24th March 2012 or 2013 ?

Dragoman
oops sorry 2013.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well Mate as I replied on other thread , your case is straightforward.

ACS as per new rules gave you a Skilled / Deeming Date i.e from Jan 2013 you can claim exp. But you claimed all your exp so got the Denial .

Very sorry to hear about your case , probably others can help or give some more suggestions.

Dragoman

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Mate as I replied on other thread , your case is straightforward.

ACS as per new rules gave you a Skilled / Deeming Date i.e from Jan 2013 you can claim exp. But you claimed all your exp so got the Denial .

Very sorry to hear about your case , probably others can help or give some more suggestions.

Dragoman
I did not understand this, I did ACS in old format in which I needed 6 years of experience to get positive RPL and I could claim points for 6 years, and I got positive ACS .I had 6 + years of experience so that experience is not counted at all.
Please help in understanding.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
I did not understand this, I did ACS in old format in which I needed 6 years of experience to get positive RPL and I could claim points for 6 years, and I got positive ACS .I had 6 + years of experience so that experience is not counted at all.
Please help in understanding.
Sorry about the situation, but according to the new rule introduced on April 2013, all the ACS letters (RPL or Not) coming out have this "AFTER ..." caluse mentioned, which basically means you'll only be able to claim work points AFTER the specified date. So, its not yet 5 years after 2012, and therefore CO couldn't allocate 10 points.

Your previous work experiences before 2012 can be used to get positive assesment, but not to claim points in EOI.

I would reccommend you should sincerely communicate with CO as soon as possible saying you were not aware of this rule change as DIAC hasn't officially said anything about it yet, and you unintentionally miscalculated the points and request the CO to refund the visa fee if possible.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi Mates,

Today I was bombarded by CO's decision of refusal for 189 SC Software Engineer category.

Let me explain it here :

I have non ICT degree in "Bio-technology Engineering" with 7 years of experience.
I have relevant work experience of 7 years as a software engineer so I applied for
ACS- RPL ( Recognition of Prior Learning) on 24th March,2012 we got the positive outcome from ACS on 19th June. I am pasting a snippet from same here :

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
The following employment after December 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code."

On the basis of this, I went ahead and claimed 10 points for work experience in our EOI.

Refusal:
======
Today I got an email from my CO, letting me know that VISA has been refused and all claimed 10 points have been deducted and our EOI left with 55 points only, hence the refusal.

Reason by CO:
===========
On the 20 July 2013 you provided in conjunction with your application a skills assessment from the Australian Computer Society (ACS) dated 19 June 2013 reference: XXXX. ACS provided an assessment of your work experience: Senior Software Engineer at XXXX (India) November 2006 – December 2009; Associate - Projects at XXXX(India) January 2010 – March 2011; Senior System Engineer at XXX (India) March 2011 – March 2013.

The following employment after December 2012 is considered to equate to work at anappropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO code.

Following an assessment of your work experience I am not satisfied that you were employed in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation, for at least 60 months in the months in the 10 years immediately before the time of invitation to apply for the visa and no points are awarded.

My Question to Forum:
================
According to ACS (old) if I have 6 years of experience I am eligible for 10 points in case of RPL too. People with RPl exp. please reply and help.

"The date provided in your skill assessment result letter is the date you have met the ACS requirements.

Your experience 11/06 to 12/12 has been considered in your skill assessment application in determining the outcome of your application.

You were required to demonstrate 6 years’ experience which was completed in 12/12

12/12 is the date you met the ACS requirements and is the date in which you have been deemed to reach the appropriate skilled level for your nominated occupation."

Please help in understanding the situation, what we should do next, is it a mistake from ACS in mentioning the reference letter or our CO has mistaken it.

Thanks in advance!!!
First of all I am very sorry for your Visa denial.Secondly can you please paste your ACS letter here removing personal details.

Also, as per snippet you pasted above The following employment after December 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

means you can claim points for your experience post Dec 2012 only not prior to that. Since you have claimed all your experience of 7 years , hence denial.

you didnot taken this after clause into account while calculating your points unfortunately :(:(:(

May be some seniors can give you some advice/suggestions.

Regards,
Karan

·
Registered
3 Posts
May i know which team does the case officer come from? Brisbane GSM Team x? Adelaide GSM Team x? or some others?
I personally think CO from different region may make different descision especially for such non-public clear DIAC internal rules in ACS result.

furthermore, i really have concern on how CO will deal with old format ACS result, which does not contain "employment after xxxx"

·
Registered
657 Posts
May i know which team does the case officer come from? Brisbane GSM Team x? Adelaide GSM Team x? or some others?
I personally think CO from different region may make different descision especially for such non-public clear DIAC internal rules in ACS result.

furthermore, i really have concern on how CO will deal with old format ACS result, which does not contain "employment after xxxx"
From all the cases i saw so far, I can say is it depends on CO only, how satisfied he is with the docs provided. I have seen cases where a guy claimed full experience even with new ACS having after clause and got the grant and some guys getting grant with old format as well. Its entirely on your CO and most importantly your luck :)

Reactions: imrukhan81

·
Registered
476 Posts
From all the cases i saw so far, I can say is it depends on CO only, how satisfied he is with the docs provided. I have seen cases where a guy claimed full experience even with new ACS having after clause and got the grant and some guys getting grant with old format as well. Its entirely on your CO and most importantly your luck :)
for new ACS formats, It's better go with after clause.
but for older formats it would not be a problem, and could claim total exp mention on ACS letter. but still CO doesn't satisfy with documents he can refuse visa.
so go with proper documents if you want to claim work exp because final decision unto CO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but for older formats it would not be a problem, and could claim total exp mention on ACS letter. but still CO doesn't satisfy with documents he can refuse visa.
so go with proper documents if you want to claim work exp because final decision unto CO
hey mates

we have all the documents for 7 years of work experience , will writing to CO about it help in any case. Please suggest.

·
Registered
657 Posts
hey mates

we have all the documents for 7 years of work experience , will writing to CO about it help in any case. Please suggest.
Wat all docs u submitted ??

Did u submit
Payslips
Taxation documents such as form 16 or ITR
Bank statements
Reference letters
Offer letters
Relieving letters

·
Registered
259 Posts
As of now you can only apologize & request to the CO . "The only point you can talk about is that when you applied for ACS this rule was not their & I should not be affected by it" .

Although chances of accepting this by CO is less , as now both ACS & DIAC has updated the rule book & are in Sync . Some people were extremely lucky and some still are but eventually this is the new rule in their book & will be followed .

Best of luck Mate .

Dragoman

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yes agree with you, for old ACS we can go ahead and claim all the exp providing all the docs we have to support our claimed points :) For new ACS one should only claim points after deemed date.

Reactions: ccham

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wat all docs u submitted ??

Did u submit
Payslips
Taxation documents such as form 16 or ITR
Bank statements
Reference letters
Offer letters
Relieving letters
Hi akiimanu
Yes, when you are replying you can also attach all the docs so that he may be accept. Don't worry. May I know your CO team?

·
Registered
657 Posts
hey mates

Can we know your CO team ?? from which team you got denial mail ??

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi kman,

can you please let me know whether the above statement is really true. which may help us to keep a hope. because, i had applied for ACS with 4 years of experience. i got a positive assessment on 2011 (without any clause) later since it got expired after taking IELTS and waiting for my wife's ACS assessment on march 2013 i re-applied on june 2013 . since i know word by word in my earlier letter and wifes positive acs assessment. i was pretty sure i will get it thru and once i received a reply from ACS i immediately submited EOI with 60 points.

i was unaware of the new clause. which later i noticed after going thru all forums.

not its too late as i applied for PR paying 6100 AUD.

according to the clause my met date is nov 2009.

now i am confused and i am really worried.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mates,

Let me explain it here :

Refusal:
======

Reason by CO:
===========

My Question to Forum:
================

Thanks in advance!!!
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about this refusal.

As painful as it is, considering the possibility of your CO not accepting a request to review, what if we start afresh by:
1. Securing a vendor certificate first, e.g., MCSE,
2. Providing more proof of skilled employment using payslips, tax returns etc. like another poster has suggested and
3. Getting another ACS assessment done.
4. Attempting IELTS again to secure 8 in each band.

If the above can be done, we have potentially 10 (MCSE) + 5? (experience) + 20 (if you score all 8 in IELTS) = 35 points in our hands. If we still think we are going to lose the 5 points in experience, why don't we do SC 190 instead? Sponsorship gives us the 5 points.

Seniors here can confirm this for us but I think, you might be able to abandon the RPL route altogether as, logically, vendor certification would take care of qualification and this along with better IELTS score would compensate for the lost points.

I've been researching on this fiercely for the past month or so like a mad scientist as I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - except that I haven't dared to get my ACS assessment done yet; I'm weighing my options still.

Please don't lose hope. Best of luck for whatever you decide to do next. Please keep us posted.

PS: I tried speaking to a so-called consultant. They didn't know what exactly RPL was. So, I'm doing this alone although I don't feel lonely at all since I'm a member of this forum now.

Cheers,
Ching

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about this refusal. As painful as it is, considering the possibility of your CO not accepting a request to review, what if we start afresh by: 1. Securing a vendor certificate first, e.g., MCSE, 2. Providing more proof of skilled employment using payslips, tax returns etc. like another poster has suggested and 3. Getting another ACS assessment done. 4. Attempting IELTS again to secure 8 in each band. If the above can be done, we have potentially 10 (MCSE) + 5? (experience) + 20 (if you score all 8 in IELTS) = 35 points in our hands. If we still think we are going to lose the 5 points in experience, why don't we do SC 190 instead? Sponsorship gives us the 5 points. Seniors here can confirm this for us but I think, you might be able to abandon the RPL route altogether as, logically, vendor certification would take care of qualification and this along with better IELTS score would compensate for the lost points. I've been researching on this fiercely for the past month or so like a mad scientist as I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - except that I haven't dared to get my ACS assessment done yet; I'm weighing my options still. Please don't lose hope. Best of luck for whatever you decide to do next. Please keep us posted. PS: I tried speaking to a so-called consultant. They didn't know what exactly RPL was. So, I'm doing this alone although I don't feel lonely at all since I'm a member of this forum now. Cheers, Ching

Mate, so sorry to hear... I will be straight forward on this.

You have made the mistake of counting experience which is no longer relevant ( ACS new rule ) thus there is no way you can convince your CO. You could have escaped if he would have noticed it but now nothing can be done.

I am B.Tech in comp science and still I was asked to go for RPL, I had lots of email exchange and phone with my CO but he did not got convinced, even they did not allowed me to withdraw my application ... Finally they accessed me but cut all my exp, I reapplied again and this time got + ve result. So in short my experience is CO are very stubborn..... The best you can do now is the explain that it was mistake from your part and ask to refund the money..

Get 8 in IELTS and reapply.

Life is learning experience; we all make mistakes... Learning from mistakes is important.

Good luck!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

Today, I had a shocking surprise on receiving the refusal notification from case officer. The issue is exactly similar to the case below (I.e conflict on experience claimed vs ACS experience)

I would like to get some expert advice on the following items:

1) Although case officer might have reviewed the application thoroughly, Is there any possibility of convincing case officer by providing additional documents?

2) The visa application fee was $5300. It was for myself and my spouse. What information should i send to case officer to make him believe it was an unintentional mistake to get my money back at least ( If option1 is not a possible one) ?

I would be really glad if someone can pls help with the information that i should share with the case officer in order to convince him with at least one of the options above?

Thanks,
K

Mate, so sorry to hear... I will be straight forward on this.

You have made the mistake of counting experience which is no longer relevant ( ACS new rule ) thus there is no way you can convince your CO. You could have escaped if he would have noticed it but now nothing can be done.

I am B.Tech in comp science and still I was asked to go for RPL, I had lots of email exchange and phone with my CO but he did not got convinced, even they did not allowed me to withdraw my application ... Finally they accessed me but cut all my exp, I reapplied again and this time got + ve result. So in short my experience is CO are very stubborn..... The best you can do now is the explain that it was mistake from your part and ask to refund the money..

Get 8 in IELTS and reapply.

Life is learning experience; we all make mistakes... Learning from mistakes is important.

Good luck!!

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts