Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I am a Master of Computer Applications (MCA) - a master’s degree. As evidence I have my MCA degree certificate as well as MCA full mark-sheet. However as per ACS Application Checklist, I need to attach underpinning qualifications, i.e. my bachelor’s degree.

Now the problem is I have the Bachelor's Degree Mark-sheet but I do not have Bachelor Degree Certificate. Would it be an issue if I did not attach the Degree Certificate or will the Mark-sheet suffice?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Why don't you ask the university to re-issue the bachelor degree certificate? The required skill level is "bachelor degree or higher", so your bachelor degree is actually more useful than the master for ACS assessment purposes. Likewise, DIAC writes on the 189 visa page (Points Test tab):

Note: To receive 15 points for a Masters degree, you must also have a Bachelor degree completed in Australia or overseas, or the Masters degree must be considered as at least comparable to Bachelor degree level at Australian standards.
The guidelines state that you need both the transcript/mark sheet and degree certificate. For people who have not been awarded the degree certificate yet but have completed all courses and fulfil all requirements, a letter from the university confirming this is also accepted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Senior members,

Need your advise.

I have completed B com in 2003 after that I started working currently I have total 11.6 years experience in IT industry, while working I have completed few Microsoft certification like MCP/MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCDBA, as per ACS Vendor certifications MCTS I completed in 2010 accepted by the ACS as comparable to graduate outcomes of an ICT major at the AQF Diploma level.

Recently I completed MSc (IT) in 2014, but if I send M.Sc for assessment I will lose all the points for experience because ACS will consider Post Master degree experience.

My queries are:

1. I have BCom degree which is not related to my current role and experience, can you please advise ACS will consider or not consider Bcom degree against ANZSCO 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer skill assessment.
If ACS advises to go through RPL route if RPL deduct 6 years from my 11.6 years total experience, I will end up with 5.5 years experience to claim for experience points.

In this scenario can I get 15 Points for Degree and 10 points for remaining 5.5 years experience?

2. If ACS considers my MCTS which I completed in 2010 as per ACS vendor certification accepted by the ACS as comparable to graduate outcomes of an ICT major at the AQF Diploma level, will I by getting 10 points for MCTS as its comparable AQF Diploma level? Can I claim 10 points for experience Post MCTS from 2010 to 2015 I have 5 years experience or it will be deducted ACS/RPL?

Currently I am 32 years 3 months, I want to apply soon so that I don’t lose my age points, also preparing for PTE targeting to score above 79 in each module to get 20 points.

Please advise me best approach to move ahead with Australia PR.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Espresso!

Getting a duplicate Degree Certificate is going to be hassle (it has been 20 years since); hence I was checking if I could do without it. Guess I dont have any option but to do it.

Thanks again for your advice.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I feel your pain :(. A letter from the university might also be enough but you'll have to get in contact with them in any case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts