Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

I am planning to apply for PR. I have done my ACS done under Software Engineer category. ACS has not considered first 4 years of my experience. In the final certificate issued by ACS authority they have mentioned even those 4 years experience with month and year. There was a point mentioned that "The final decision in awarding points remains with department of immigration".

My question :
I dont have enough points (50 points) without considering those 4 years. If considering 4 years I will be getting 65 points.
Can I apply for EOI by considering those 4 years and still get my invitation ?
After getting invitation and submitting documents by paying money and if they raise a concern that initial 4 years cant be considered will I be getting the visa fee back ?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Praveen.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello Everybody,

I am planning to apply for PR. I have done my ACS done under Software Engineer category. ACS has not considered first 4 years of my experience. In the final certificate issued by ACS authority they have mentioned even those 4 years experience with month and year. There was a point mentioned that "The final decision in awarding points remains with department of immigration".

My question :
I dont have enough points (50 points) without considering those 4 years. If considering 4 years I will be getting 65 points.
After getting invitation and submitting documents by paying money and if they raise a concern that initial 4 years cant be considered will I be getting the visa fee back ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Praveen.
For my understanding you can claim points only for the acs recommendation as "The following employment after (month/year) is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to (anzsco) (designation) of the ANZSCO Code. "

For my knowledge in EOI you have to split points claiming and not claiming in to two categories even though its same job designation and same company.

see the video from 5m2s upwards for more details

https://youtu.be/tp2wYZ64ch8?t=5m2s

In you case you may have to split and put 4 years "Is this employment related to the nominated occupation?" as no and

Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? yes for yesrs/months that you got in acs letter under following statement

"The following employment after (month/year) is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to (anzsco) (designation) of the ANZSCO Code. "

This statement is ambiguous and don't know what it really does

"The final decision in awarding points remains with department of immigration".

For your second they have not mentioned about refund or anything , but do the right thing rather looking for refunds... and complicated procedures

This is what eoi says

"Reminder
If the client receives an invitation to lodge a visa application it will be based on the information presented in their EOI. If they lodge a visa application and their assessed points score is less than what they claimed in their EOI and indicated in the invitation letter, or they cannot provide evidence of a claimed factor, their visa application may be refused even if they are able to pass the points test or meet the threshold criteria.

The client has answered the following questions which award them points in the points test. If the client is invited to apply for a visa, they must provide evidence of these claims when they lodge their visa application"

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hello Everybody,

My question :

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Praveen.
No. You have to only consider what ACS said in the letter.

For splitting employment, here : http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.