Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I had included my parents in my EOI as dependent.
My parents mostly live with me (I am an expat in Middle East, citizen of Pakistan), and when they are visiting Pakistan I try to manage to be there with them as well. They are heavily dependent on me by all means, i.e., financially, medically, and emotionally. My father is 74 years old and my mother is 66 years old.

Now, I have received an invite and I need to apply for a visa. I have a few questions which I am unable to figure out a proper answers for, will appreciate if anyone has info on it:

1. What are the chances that they will be granted a visa, given that I have relevant proofs of dependency? (Anyone heard of any such case?)

2. If my parents' visa is rejected on whatever grounds, will me and my wife's visa be rejected as well?

3. If my visa is also rejected because of parents, how soon can I submit EOI again?

4. Any tips on how to make the situation strong enough not to have a rejection? :)

Looking forward to feedback of forum members.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
From what I know, if both parents are alive, for purposes of immigration, they cannot be included as your dependents- even if you are providing for their financial needs. I think you will be asked to remove their applications. No rejection. I could be wrong though, so please wait for someone with experience in these matters to reply here, or try searching this forum. This has been discussed earlier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your reply - I have been searching here and elsewhere as well, and haven't found anyone as such having both parents' migrated (PR), so it seems the chances are bleak, however I will try my best because my parents are heavily dependent on me - especially medically and emotionally. It will be very hard for me to move leaving them behind, so I will just try to the end.

Will wait for others/senior members to reply.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you very much for your reply - I have been searching here and elsewhere as well, and haven't found anyone as such having both parents' migrated (PR), so it seems the chances are bleak, however I will try my best because my parents are heavily dependent on me - especially medically and emotionally. It will be very hard for me to move leaving them behind, so I will just try to the end.

Will wait for others/senior members to reply.
Hi,
I have done extensive research on the parent visa including taking opinion from MARA agents and one lawyer in Australia and India.
In case of both parents being alive and well, you cannot apply for them as your dependants in your VISA application, irrespective of the fact that they are financially dependant on you and you can provide documents to support the same.

One can only include a parent when that parent is either a widow/ widower or divorced and you must have more than enough documents to prove that, the parent is financially dependant on you.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
As a dependent cannot be married, you cannot include your parents as dependents on your visa.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can the parents come and stay for short period? like visit visa ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can the parents come and stay for short period? like visit visa ?
You can obviously bring your parents on a visit visa...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts