Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:

I am currently applying for visa 189 for me, my wife and daughter. However, I need a little advice regarding mentioning my mother as "Non-migrating dependent family members". Me, my wife and daughter are in Australia whereas, my mom is iin Pakistan. However, my mom is also financially dependent on me and she might be joining me at some stage in future.

I am confused whether I should mention her in my visa application or not? I know there is an option of brining her here on parent visa but people say that it takes forever. Another option is to bring her here on 6 month temporary visa basis. Moreover, I know that if I mention her then she also have to go through medical and submit police certificate. Things that are confusing me are;

• If I include her then what effect will it have on my PR application? Will it be delayed?
  • Is medical for older people any different from younger ones? How rigorous is their medical examination?
  • In case if my mom fails medical examination (just in case) then will I be able to exclude her from visa application or not?
  • What could be the best strategy?

Cheers,
Ehsan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Most importantly

What's the benefit of mentioning her as non migrating dependent at this stage? Will she be getting a dependent 189 visa as well?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts