Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a query regarding 189 Skill Independent visa and would appreciate if you could help me find an answer.

I have a bachelor degree in Mechatronics which has been assessed by Engineers Australia as Professional Engineer in ANZSCO code 233513. I have also completed a Graduate Diploma & Masters in Mining from Australia, which was a 2 years course. Since Mining has been removed from SOL, my question is, can I apply based on bachelors outcome while claiming Australian Study requirement?

Also, I have already scored 79 each in PTE. Your help regarding the query would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi all,

I have a query regarding 189 Skill Independent visa and would appreciate if you could help me find an answer.

I have a bachelor degree in Mechatronics which has been assessed by Engineers Australia as Professional Engineer in ANZSCO code 233513. I have also completed a Graduate Diploma & Masters in Mining from Australia, which was a 2 years course. Since Mining has been removed from SOL, my question is, can I apply based on bachelors outcome while claiming Australian Study requirement?

Also, I have already scored 79 each in PTE. Your help regarding the query would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
1. You get 15 points for your Mechatronics Degree which is assessed as 233513.
2. Yes, you can nominate any occupation on current SOL while claiming points for Australian Study Requirement. You get 5 points for Australian Study Requirement.
3. You get 20 points for English Requirement.
4. This makes your total to 40.

How many age points can you claim?

Reactions: saadazam21

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for PR and am the primary applicant. (261312 developer programmer)

I want to get my husband's skills assessed from EA only to claim partner points. He is a mechanical engineer. But, the problem is, he passed out in 2008.

After that he did internship in one company for 8 months. After that he worked for four years in mechanical industry as a sales engineer. Then, he did his MBA and now is currently working on the same basis.

We are planning to show three projects. One from his academics and two from the internship.

Will he get a positive assessment, considering the fact that on his resume and his certificates from mechanical industries, he has designation as sales engineer?

Please respond as it is very confusing for us.

Thanks in advance,
Trusha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts