Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Me and my ex-partner moved to Australia last year January. I was on his defacto visa (457). We separated early this year and my employer sponsored me visa that was launched on 14th Feb 2017. However, my ex-partner had not canceled the visa yet. One fine day, I received an email saying DIBP had cancelled my visa (14th Sept). My employer immediately reacted to it and got me a BVE with working rights so I can continue working. Meanwhile I was preparing to launch my 189 Visa (preparing PTE, ACS and so on!). Now it is almost there, even got EOI invitation but only to realise that I can't apply 189 Visa with a BVE. I need to wait for the work visa to be granted.

So my question is, I have 60 days time to upload documents and everything. What if, my work visa is not approved in the 60 days timeframe (given the confusion going on with 457 work visas and the timeframe it has been taking). I have read that I might get another invitation, but I am just not sure if my work visa will be approved even in the following 60 days time either. Can someone please suggest better way of doing things?

If I couldn't apply in the initial 60 days timeframe, is it possible for me to delete my EOI from skillselect and create one later on after work visa is sorted? Would this be a problem later on?

I also have PTE and ACS done (both in September 2017) and would that be valid for 2 years atleast? Because I dont want to be doing them again. It was so much of preparation and admin work.

Timelines,

Work Visa application - 14th Feb 2017
Defacto Work Visa cancellation - 14th Sep 2017
BVE grant (with work rights) - 19th Sep 2017

EOI Points - 70
ACS Category - Software Engineer 261313
EOI submitted - 3rd Oct 2017
189 Invited - 4th Oct 2017

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I am not an expert, however I feel that 60 days is enough for approval of work visa, if not then you can launch your PR visa application by say 55th or 58th day,

Also I guess, you can speak to DIBP and seek guidance from them or from a Mara person who can give the best advice on these issues as this is a non trivial one

Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I hope it gets approved by then.

But to be prepared for the worst, is it possible to withdraw my EOI or delete my skillselect account of my invitation gets expired in 60 days time?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Failing to apply this time around will result in you getting another (one last time though) invitation in the next subsequent EOI round and a chance to apply again in 60 more days. In case if you still do not apply, then your EOI will be suspended and you can file a new one again.

In case if you foresee your BVE/ work-visa problems not getting sorted out before the expiry of the second invitation, consider voluntarily and temporarily suspending your EOI for a while and re-submit it again once you are ready- this is just to not hold on to an invitation which otherwise could have been given to someone else, and moreover with 70 points, you will get it again immediately anyways.

Nonetheless, no problems with this situation of receiving an invitation, not applying, receiving it again, etc.

ACS is valid for 2 years, PTE for 3 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply KeeDa.

"In case if you foresee your BVE/ work-visa problems not getting sorted out before the expiry of the second invitation, consider voluntarily and temporarily suspending your EOI for a while and re-submit it again once you are ready" - Regarding this, I would have an option to delete my skillSelect account eh? Just not clear what you mean by temporarily suspend the account. Could you please elaborate? Sorry for ignorance.

Also, just to be clear; every EOI can get a maximum of 2 invitations (if they dont apply in the first invitation).
And also, it is ok to submit more than one EOI (even if they couldn't apply after 2 invitations in the first EOI)?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
579 Posts

"In case if you foresee your BVE/ work-visa problems not getting sorted out before the expiry of the second invitation, consider voluntarily and temporarily suspending your EOI for a while and re-submit it again once you are ready" - Regarding this, I would have an option to delete my skillSelect account eh? Just not clear what you mean by temporarily suspend the account. Could you please elaborate? Sorry for ignorance.

Also, just to be clear; every EOI can get a maximum of 2 invitations (if they dont apply in the first invitation).
And also, it is ok to submit more than one EOI (even if they couldn't apply after 2 invitations in the first EOI)?

Thanks again!
Hello Vaishnavi,

When you login to the skillselect, you should have a button which says Suspend EOI, you can use that.

As per the DIBP website, every EOI can get a maximum of 2 invitations and if you dont apply for the first one, you can apply for the second one. If you do not apply for the second invitation as well, the EOI is cancelled and you have to submit a fresh one.

As far as I have seen there are no limits to the number of EOIs but you need to ensure you suspend the others when you get invite on one of them. After which you can delete the unwanted/unused EOIs

·
Registered
5,859 Posts

Thanks again!
By temporarily suspending, I meant to literally click the "Suspend EOI" button and keep it at that until you are sure about moving ahead again. For instance, if you now know that your problems are likely to be resolved only by early Dec 2017, then you can click that button now and then again sometime in the first week of Dec 2017, hit the "Submit" button again so as to get invited in the 13-Dec round.

Yes, is okay to let the invitations lapse and let the EOI get withdrawn/ permanently suspended and file another fresh one again. How many Expressions of Interest can I submit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts