Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

This is a wonderful platform, so I am posting my very basic queries...any suggestions are welcomed...Thanks

I am an IT professional satisfying Age criteria with 25 points, overseas work experience with 15 points, Education qualification with 15 points i.e. total - 55 points.

:confused:
Now to be eligible (i.e. 60 points) there are three options
1 . Yet to appear IELTS/PTE - targeting 10 points - Mandatory
2 . My Spouse being an IT professional, can I use her 5 points (But for this does she have to appear for IELTS/PTE too), does she have to undergo ACS assessment
3 . State sponsorship - not sure if should go for
:confused:

I have heard a lot, that the whole process can be done online and does not need any third party help but what if something goes wrong - how do I get to know that. Is the immigration department approachable...like wise I have tons of queries....

How long does the whole process takes
Other than ACS, VISA and Tickets what more expenses should be considered
Job Markets, site like SEEK give some idea but which state/city would be best for an Microsoft professional (developer).

regards,
JVK

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
JVK,

Even if you gather another 5 points from partner's assessment and reach a score of 60, you still won't be eligible without passing the English competency requirement. If you gain 10 points from English, you will be at 65 which is a good score to get invited soon for 189 visa and can thus skip the partner's skills assessment part.

It is your responsibility to understand the entire process and follow each step correctly. Some minor mistakes can be notified to them and corrected. The department may not help you with trivial and/ or obvious things. They may be approached for specific queries, but only after you have paid for the visa. If you are not confident, consider hiring a MARA registered agent instead.

Although seek by far is the most used, there are a few others you may consider searching on- like careerone, indeed, and linkedin too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keeda,

Thanks for reply, point taken. Well I have decided not to go with a consultant.

regards
JVK

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Then you should search the forums about where and how to start the process from. I would suggest lookup members mainak, nicemathan, and manjyot and read their blogs about the entire process end to end. Do subscribe to relevant threads on the forum like 'ACS Processing 2016', 'EOI Submitted Club', '189 Visa Lodge 2016', etc. Study relevant sections from border.gov.au, skillSelect, and immiBlog as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for Information, will surely go thru them.
Meanwhile another query, I saw blog of mainak, but I am still looking for standardized format of statutory declaration and Employment reference letter.

regards,
JVK

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Thanks a lot for Information, will surely go thru them.
Meanwhile another query, I saw blog of mainak, but I am still looking for standardized format of statutory declaration and Employment reference letter.

regards,
JVK
Attachments from his blog have been removed. You will have to search elsewhere, but the best source is ACS website itself. They've shared a Skilled-Employment-Reference-Example.pdf

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Keeda and ciitbilal.

Is there any cap for getting the SD for all employments...
like out my 5 employers three have been taken over by another company hence they don't exists and the current will not help me out with the Employment reference letter. So I will have to get 4 SD out of 5 employments/employers.

should this be a problem?

regards,
Jitesh

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
There is no cap, but more than 8 work episodes require additional assessment fees of 50 AUD per additional work episode.

Not having a reference from an employer will mean that employment not being counted for assessment and you will lose out on those many months/ years from that employment period.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

Have collected all the documents for filing ECS (with 10 + years of EXP), but seek clarity on few docs like
1 - How many years ITR and/or Form 16 should I submit, have got it fro 9 years
2 - Showing Payslips for First and last month with a gap of 1 quarter in between
3 - Bank Statement have shown for last one year but is it really required, since I was drawing my salary in different banks accounts alternate months.

So I will be submitting the following

1 - Academic - Degree + Transcript
2 - Employment - Offer Letter + Experience Letter + Releaving Letter + Employment Reference Letter/ Statutory Declaration + Salary Slips
3 - ITRs for approx 5-6 years
4 - Passports

Anything else apart from these that I am missing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts