Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I applied for EOI with 65 points in February. I wasn't invited as my selected occupation was under pro rata. Recently it was updated to 70 points as i managed to get 5 more points in July for skilled employment of 3 years outside Australia. I have not done assessment for skilled employment as of yet. It was automatically updated in skillselect. I have received an invite based on my 70 points. I would like to know if i am allowed to lodge my visa application based on this or do i need to lodge another EOI after assessing my work experience?

·
Registered
23,952 Posts
Hi,

I applied for EOI with 65 points in February. I wasn't invited as my selected occupation was under pro rata. Recently it was updated to 70 points as i managed to get 5 more points in July for skilled employment of 3 years outside Australia. I have not done assessment for skilled employment as of yet. It was automatically updated in skillselect. I have received an invite based on my 70 points. I would like to know if i am allowed to lodge my visa application based on this or do i need to lodge another EOI after assessing my work experience?
Without skills assessment, if you have claimed points for the same, the application will be rejected in the primary stage itself
You may even face a ban upto 3 years

Let this invite lapse and in the meantime get yourself assessed for skills and once you have the results , lodge a fresh EOI

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without skills assessment, if you have claimed points for the same, the application will be rejected in the primary stage itself
You may even face a ban upto 3 years

Let this invite lapse and in the meantime get yourself assessed for skills and once you have the results , lodge a fresh EOI

Cheers
Hi,

I have done my skill assessment with Engineers Australia earlier this year. At that time, my experience was less than 3 years so i did not do employment assessment. in July, my employment became 3 years recently. So i got the points for that work experience. I do work in my field of assessement, its just that i have not assessed my work experience with engineers australia.

·
Registered
23,952 Posts
Hi,

I have done my skill assessment with Engineers Australia earlier this year. At that time, my experience was less than 3 years so i did not do employment assessment. in July, my employment became 3 years recently. So i got the points for that work experience. I do work in my field of assessement, its just that i have not assessed my work experience with engineers australia.
Sorry
I misunderstood
I thought you said you did not do the skills assessment
No idea how EA works and how you are allowed to claim points for employment

Cheers

·
Registered
191 Posts
Your CDRs was based on what ? Work experience or university projects?
Would you please elaborate your chronology of your case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your CDRs was based on what ? Work experience or university projects?
Would you please elaborate your chronology of your case

I didnt need to fo CDR way as my degree is under Washington Accord.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi,

My two cents...if you had applied for evaluation and did not get points based on duration not met, then I feel they would have considered your work experience and updated the points accordingly when it met the duration criteria...so go ahead and apply for Visa... don't waste the chance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
My two cents...if you had applied for evaluation and did not get points based on duration not met, then I feel they would have considered your work experience and updated the points accordingly when it met the duration criteria...so go ahead and apply for Visa... don't waste the chance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Assessing Employment Experience is not obligatory in EA , not like ACS

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi,

Work experience mentioned in Assessing Authority's letter only can be used to claim points. And same will be validated during visa application.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Work experience mentioned in Assessing Authority's letter only can be used to claim points. And same will be validated during visa application.

As per MSA Booklet from EA
Employment assessment is not obligatory "optional service with additional cost"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts