Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an experience of 3 years 4 months in my own firm as a Proprietor. Along with this, I have a year's experience as a Chartered Accountant. This total makes it 4 years 4 months. Along with this, I have worked around 2 years 8 months as an intern/article where the pay was stipend(and not salary) i.e. negligible like Rs.2000 per month. So the total exceeds 5 years in this case.

My consultant has told me that since in the internship I have received some money, then the same is countable however meager it may be. However, I'm not sure if he is correct. Can you please confirm if all the 3 work experiences are countable? I've heard CO's are strict and they do reduce experience as per their own methods. In some cases they also reject the application is what I've heard.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Your assessing authority would have certain rules about reducing the years. CO's normally go by the rule book. Its not like one particular CO will follow a certain rule regarding this years deduction.

The amount of payment you received is irrelevant. As long as it is stated that you worked "full time", you are eligible to count that experience towards your skills assessment. There could be other rules specific to your assessing body (which I am not aware of)- like work experience overlapping studies, etc. which can also affect the calculations. So, do read all those too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Where can I check the CPA guidelines for Accountant 221111?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts