Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have just been invited to apply for my 189 visa and am very excited but as doing so without an agent am a bit apprehensive about a few things. Would really appreciate any input from people with prior experience:

1. I have made a minor mistake in my EOI, by giving the date of my conferral instead of the date of degree completion (as in the date I got my results). There is only a month difference and it's not something that impacts my points in any way but am wondering would it be best to submit 1023 form to be on the safe side?

2. Is it necessary to fill out a form confirming that you want electronic correspondence or is that a given when you begin the online application? (I'm afraid to click on the 'apply now' button!) If you do need to send a form, where to?

3. My de facto partner of seven years is also on the visa. We have a considerable amount of evidence i.e. flights / shared leases / bills / joint bank account. I'm wondering just how much of it is necessary? And do they all need to be certified as true copies? In the instance of flights / bank statements, they're just printed off emails to begin with so it seems a bit unnecessary to copy and certify them.

4. On a kind of unrelated note, I'm currently on a 417 and working with my employer almost six months. I intend to apply for an extension and am hopeful that I will get it: I work with healthcare with high-demand children and it is full-time employment which I will be hopefully continuing once on PR so I feel like I have a decent case for extension. Has anyone successfully applied for this?

Any help hugely appreciated.
Thanks,
Aine

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1. I have made a minor mistake in my EOI, by giving the date of my conferral instead of the date of degree completion (as in the date I got my results). There is only a month difference and it's not something that impacts my points in any way but am wondering would it be best to submit 1023 form to be on the safe side?
>> You kinda answered it yourself. If you have slightest of doubts that they might raise an eyebrow on this, then submit the form.

2. Is it necessary to fill out a form confirming that you want electronic correspondence or is that a given when you begin the online application? (I'm afraid to click on the 'apply now' button!) If you do need to send a form, where to?
>> Everything is online. Nothing to be sent by post unless asked for.

3. My de facto partner of seven years is also on the visa. We have a considerable amount of evidence i.e. flights / shared leases / bills / joint bank account. I'm wondering just how much of it is necessary? And do they all need to be certified as true copies? In the instance of flights / bank statements, they're just printed off emails to begin with so it seems a bit unnecessary to copy and certify them.
>> Flight tickets aren't really required. Certified copies would be preferred. For bank statements, get the bank's seal on them and that should be enough. As for which and how many documents, see if this 189 Document Checklist helps. If not, try searching these forums. I am sure people have shared their experiences here.
I've tried to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge above in green.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for that. I spoke with the Department today and she advised that I should mention the date mix up in my 'cover letter' of the application.
Relief that all is online!
Thanks again, much appreciated :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts