Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a query regarding claiming points for partner skills.We applied for ACS and got the positive assessment result today.
My wife has an overall experience of 7yrs 2 months.She took a sabbatical leave for 1 year(2011 -2012) which was not mentioned in the ACS application.ACS has considered her experience fully and provided assessment deducing 2 years from the overall.
There are no payslips available for this period.However we have the IT returns filled and form16 to support the employment claim.
I am confused if I can add my wife's ACS result to claim 5 points.Will this cause any issues with DIAC once after getting invite and applying for visa

Someone kindly suggest me what can be done now.

Regards,
Murali

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well. even with the sabbatical leave and ACS deduction, she still has 4.2 years of experience with which you can claim 5 points. I think you should claim these points and just mention to the CO regarding the sabbatical leave.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Could any one please advise on following:

For claiming spouse skills, while lodging visa is employment reference letter , payslips..etc are required for spouse also. Or only ACS outcome and IELTS TRF is sufficient

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi

I have a query regarding claiming points for partner skills.We applied for ACS and got the positive assessment result today.
My wife has an overall experience of 7yrs 2 months.She took a sabbatical leave for 1 year(2011 -2012) which was not mentioned in the ACS application.ACS has considered her experience fully and provided assessment deducing 2 years from the overall.
There are no payslips available for this period.However we have the IT returns filled and form16 to support the employment claim.
I am confused if I can add my wife's ACS result to claim 5 points.Will this cause any issues with DIAC once after getting invite and applying for visa

Someone kindly suggest me what can be done now.

Regards,
Murali
Could any one please advise on following:

For claiming spouse skills, while lodging visa is employment reference letter , payslips..etc are required for spouse also. Or only ACS outcome and IELTS TRF is sufficient
For claiming 5 points of spouse, one need to have his/her qualification assessment and it must be positive.
Experience will not let you earn extra points!!!!
And IELTS TRF is required to show that spouse is capable of understanding English. So spouse IELTS score requirement is less 5.5(not sure). And if IELTS score of spouse is 7 or 8 than also it won't give you any extra point earning!!!
So attach only ACS outcome and IELTS TRF.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there anyone who can guide me over claiming 5 points of spouse, I am an engineer and my wife is doctor, I am done with my ACS and Ielts, and I want to avail 5 points of my wife but I haven't found any option in EOIA to add my wife's assessment to claim 5 points
Anyone have idea?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello,

Have the same question , can we claim 5 partner points without getting partner's work-experience assessed ? Planning to assess educational qualification only

1 - 8 of 8 Posts