Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hope you are doing fine. Im new to this forum and this is my first post. Sorry if I have started a new thread for an existing topic inadvertently.

Im from India and have 7+ years of Java experience. I applied for Skills Assessment on Sep 1, 2013 and got the positive result yesterday. Also, my degree B.Tech (IT) was evaluated to be equivalent to AQF Bachelor's degree.

I have completed IELTS in October 2013, scoring 7 in all components.

Yesterday, I submitted EOI for 189 visa and the system calculated my points to be 65.

According to the last invitation round (Nov 2013), those with 65 points have been invited for application, however, they have put up a disclaimer stating it will be on a pro-rata basis going forward due to a heavy rush of applications.

So my question to you is, am I safe with 65 points for 189 visa, or should I edit my EOI to include 190 visa application as well?

Thanks in advance and apologies for a boring introduction :)

Regards,
Rakesh

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi,

Hope you are doing fine. Im new to this forum and this is my first post. Sorry if I have started a new thread for an existing topic inadvertently.

Im from India and have 7+ years of Java experience. I applied for Skills Assessment on Sep 1, 2013 and got the positive result yesterday. Also, my degree B.Tech (IT) was evaluated to be equivalent to AQF Bachelor's degree.

Yesterday, I submitted EOI for 189 visa and the system calculated my points to be 65.

According to the last invitation round (Nov 2013), those with 65 points have been invited for application, however, they have put up a disclaimer stating it will be on a pro-rata basis going forward due to a heavy rush of applications.

So my question to you is, am I safe with 65 points for 189 visa, or should I edit my EOI to include 190 visa application as well?

Regards,
Rakesh
You will get an invite on Dec 16th round. Disclaimer was written in August itself and that has impacted 60 pointers, that too not anymore, don't fret.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will get an invite on Dec 16th round. Disclaimer was written in August itself and that has impacted 60 pointers, that too not anymore, don't fret.

Best regards,
JR
Wow that was a lightening quick reply. Thanks a lot buddy. Have a great day!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi,

Regards,
Rakesh

I m exactly in the same boat as you are..65 points..8+ yrs experience..189 visa..261313..but yet to lodge EOI..Many people have told me that applicants with 60+ points will get an invitation in maximum 2 rounds after EOI lodge..I m counting on that too and i suggest you go for 189 visa (no restrictions).. goodluck with the rest of the process!! :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I m exactly in the same boat as you are..65 points..8+ yrs experience..189 visa..261313..but yet to lodge EOI..Many people have told me that applicants with 60+ points will get an invitation in maximum 2 rounds after EOI lodge..I m counting on that too and i suggest you go for 189 visa (no restrictions).. goodluck with the rest of the process!! :fingerscrossed:
Thank you buddy. All the very best to you too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more question guys.

I joined the IT industry in June 2006. I worked for MindTree between June 2006 and September 2007, and joined Verizon in September 2007 and currently working in the same.

ACS has assessed all these, but as part of normalization they have reduced 2 years, which means my work experience would start from June 2008, according to ACS.

My question is, should I include my MindTree experience in EOI application, or should I show my Verizon experience alone, that too starting June 2008, in the EOI?

Regards,
Rakesh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
However, this doesnt alter the amount of points allocated. (10 points for 5-8 years of experience). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
162 Posts
One more question guys.

I joined the IT industry in June 2006. I worked for MindTree between June 2006 and September 2007, and joined Verizon in September 2007 and currently working in the same.

ACS has assessed all these, but as part of normalization they have reduced 2 years, which means my work experience would start from June 2008, according to ACS.

My question is, should I include my MindTree experience in EOI application, or should I show my Verizon experience alone, that too starting June 2008, in the EOI?

Regards,
Rakesh
Don't include an experience in the EOI that wasn't counted by the assessor . You will get rejected and maybe banned. I saw a guy who posted such a problem.

Reactions: rakesh_r5
G

·
You DO NOT get banned for rejection unless you deliberately mislead DIBP with false documents etc.

That said you will get rejected for overclaiming.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't include an experience in the EOI that wasn't counted by the assessor . You will get rejected and maybe banned. I saw a guy who posted such a problem.
Need some clarification on this piece, as I might be impacted....

In my assessment with ACS, they considered by experience from May 2000 till date and then deducted 6 years for not having relevant degree for Business analyst profile.

So when filing my EOI, should I put in 2006 onwards or May 2000

G

·
What does your assessment say? Should have something like "the experience after xx/xx/xxxx is considered skilled"

·
Registered
27 Posts
What does your assessment say? Should have something like "the experience after xx/xx/xxxx is considered skilled"
In the letter from ACS the below is mentioned

The following employment after May 2006 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

But they have considered my experience from May 2000 onwards, when we asked for clarificatoin, this was the note received from them

---------------------
Your experience between May 2000 to May 2006 has been considered in your skill assessment application in determining the outcome of your application.

As your Diploma was not relevant to the nominated occupation you were required to demonstrate 5 years’ experience within the last 10 years.

The assessor will always try and calculate the earliest skilled date for all applicants.

If the 5 years of experience in the last 10 year rule was applied your skilled employment date would have been calculated as September 2008 however the assessor has used the 6 years in any rule so that we are able to calculate an earlier skilled date of May 2006

May 2006 is the date you met the ACS requirements and is the date in which you have been deemed to reach the appropriate skilled level for your nominated occupation.

---------------------

G

·
So you put all experience after 2006 as relevant for points. Any other experience is put down but marked nit relevant.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So you put all experience after 2006 as relevant for points. Any other experience is put down but marked nit relevant.
Thank you for the quick reply...

So essentially put in all experience before may 2006 as non relevant and experience from May 2006 onwards as relevant experience.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You DO NOT get banned for rejection unless you deliberately mislead DIBP with false documents etc.

That said you will get rejected for overclaiming.

Hi,

I asked this question many times but couldn't get a proper reply..

I got a '+ve' assessment from ACS and they have removed 2 years from my experience..I m applying for 261313-Software Engineer- 189 Visa.

I worked for 2 companies ..In my 1st company, I joined as a Associate Software Engineer..Then i got promoted to Software Engineer..But in my reference letter to ACS, I had mentioned only my highest position i.e, Software Engineer..Now will DIAC deduct any further experience because of this or would there be a refusal?..I m worried..Please help..thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi,

I asked this question many times but couldn't get a proper reply..

I got a '+ve' assessment from ACS and they have removed 2 years from my experience..I m applying for 261313-Software Engineer- 189 Visa.

I worked for 2 companies ..In my 1st company, I joined as a Associate Software Engineer..Then i got promoted to Software Engineer..But in my reference letter to ACS, I had mentioned only my highest position i.e, Software Engineer..Now will DIAC deduct any further experience because of this or would there be a refusal?..I m worried..Please help..thanks
You can claim any relevant work experience after you got qualified. The job title does not matter.

ACS must have looked at your service letter from 1st company when they assessed you. So they know you joined as an associate software engineer.

DIBP will only deduct experience if it was achieved prior to you getting qualified or if the experience is not relevant to the job code. If you have claimed such experience points in your EOI there is a chance of your VISA being denied.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,

I received Invitation to Apply for 189 visa today. I submitted EOI only yesterday. Thanks to all those in ExpatForum who clarified my doubts in a timely manner.

Regards,
Rakesh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts