Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to lodge application for me and partner. Suppose 189 visa granted for us, after this what will be procedure to get visa for dependent child's. Will be it an easy procedure. Please advise.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
no .... not easy. You will have to reside there, then apply, then it takes anywhere between 6 and 18 months and costs around $2400 , you will need to do meds for the child again (anyways now you need to do them even if you do not include the child, as you will have to mention the child as non migrating) ..... You will need new PCCs for both parents AGAIN.

If you include the child now it's about $900 and all of you get it together. I do not see a point in not including any dependant (spouse or child) that is going to migrate with you sooner or later.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi expat_aus,

why don't you include your child in the 189 visa straightaway? It's much cheaper: Including him/her in the 189 visa costs 880AUD versus 2370AUD for a child visa (subclass 101). Source: Visa Fees and Charges. Moreover, even if your kid is listed as a non-migrating dependent, s/he has to go through medicals. Since they are only valid for a year, s/he may have to get them done again for the child visa, thus paying twice for it.

The second downside of applying for a child visa later is the processing time. For applicants from high-risk countries the projected processing time for a child visa lodged outside Australia is 14 months! So I would definitely recommend to include him/her now, get the validation trip done and if necessary your child can return to India after that until you are settled in Australia.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi expat_aus,

why don't you include your child in the 189 visa straightaway? It's much cheaper: Including him/her in the 189 visa costs 880AUD versus 2370AUD for a child visa (subclass 101). Source: Visa Fees and Charges. Moreover, even if your kid is listed as a non-migrating dependent, s/he has to go through medicals. Since they are only valid for a year, s/he may have to get them done again for the child visa, thus paying twice for it.

The second downside of applying for a child visa later is the processing time. For applicants from high-risk countries the projected processing time for a child visa lodged outside Australia is 14 months! So I would definitely recommend to include him/her now, get the validation trip done and if necessary your child can return to India after that until you are settled in Australia.
I had submitted EOI(189) on 15-Sep-2014 and by checking Invitation round status, I hope I will get invitation by OCT mid- Nov Start. And we are expecting a baby on DEC. Can you please advise how should I proceed, Should I have to withdraw my current EOI and wait. Or do I have other options?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I had submitted EOI(189) on 15-Sep-2014 and by checking Invitation round status, I hope I will get invitation by OCT mid- Nov Start. And we are expecting a baby on DEC. Can you please advise how should I proceed, Should I have to withdraw my current EOI and wait. Or do I have other options?
NO. Proceed. No need to waste a good chance now.

If you get invited, lodge the application, do NOT front-load anything to avoid a direct grant, then once the baby is born, upload form 1022 (Change of Circumstances), form 1436 (Adding dependant after lodging), the baby's passport and BC, and the baby will be added then his/her meds will be requested.

If your CO requests everything before birth, simply advise the CO that you'd rather wait till after birth and they'll hold the application for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts