Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am struggling to make a decision right now and appreciate your help if you provide one.

I have accumulated 80 points with 1 year of Australian experience for 189 now. But my agent said there might be a problem with my Australian experience.

At February 2017 my company's HQ at the USA(let's say X) has sponsored me for 457 visa. However, all my references, PAYG documents and payslips are based on my company's Australian branch which is company Y(different name than X). I have also received tax return on Company Y.

My ACS assessment is also accepted under company Y. We have recently changed my sponsor from X to Y for 457 visa.

If an officer realizes that my previous visa was on company Y whereas I have received my salary from company X, that would be a technical breach on the visa and my application can be rejected. My agent suggested me to apply on 75 points which is another couple of months to wait.

What do you think I should do? Do you think they will reject my application or just make a correction to my application if they realize the technical breach? Should I go with 75 points?

Thank you,

·
Registered
75 Posts
You are confused. Both statements are conflicting. Please share correct details.

From where your pay came, X or Y ?
-------------

However, all my references, PAYG documents and payslips are based on my company's Australian branch which is company Y(different name than X). I have also received tax return on Company Y.

If an officer realizes that my previous visa was on company Y whereas I have received my salary from company X

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer.

You are right, let me correct the statement.
My previous visa sponsor was company X. I got my salary and references from company Y.
Actually they are the same company but only different names.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's better not to take any risk and get rejected.
If I was in your shoes, I will go with 75points.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello all,

I am struggling to make a decision right now and appreciate your help if you provide one.

I have accumulated 80 points with 1 year of Australian experience for 189 now. But my agent said there might be a problem with my Australian experience.

At February 2017 my company's HQ at the USA(let's say X) has sponsored me for 457 visa. However, all my references, PAYG documents and payslips are based on my company's Australian branch which is company Y(different name than X). I have also received tax return on Company Y.

My ACS assessment is also accepted under company Y. We have recently changed my sponsor from X to Y for 457 visa.

If an officer realizes that my previous visa was on company Y whereas I have received my salary from company X, that would be a technical breach on the visa and my application can be rejected. My agent suggested me to apply on 75 points which is another couple of months to wait.

What do you think I should do? Do you think they will reject my application or just make a correction to my application if they realize the technical breach? Should I go with 75 points?

Thank you,
Create an affidavit and declare the same when uploading your file for assessment. This should help. All the best!

Sent from my S6s using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts