I m from Indian, current in Canberra
I m planning to submit EOI for subclass 189

My points
Age 25 ( 32 turning 33 this month )
Language: 20 ( ielts 8.5 )
Overseas Education : 15 ( bachelors )
Overseas Experience : 10
Skill : 261313 ( Software Engineer ) - Assessed by ACS
Australian Exp : June2009 - Aug 2009 and May 2012 to Current ( total 12 ) months.
Total :
No aussie exp : 70
With aussie exp : 75

Question :
When filling the EOI it asks about the experience and country of experience.

The times that I have worked in Australia has been through an Indian software company.

So how should I be explaining that experience ?

Example : I worked for ABC Ltd from April 2008 to April 2011. of which I spent June2009 - Aug 2009 and May 2012 in Australia on 457 visa .

How do i represent that in my experience history ? Should I add
ABC Ltd April 2008 to May 2009 as India
ABC Ltd June 2009 to Aug 2009 as Aus
ABC Ltd Sept 2009 to Aug 2011 as India

For this I have only PAYG summaries and visa copy on my passport as evidence.

Similarly I have worked for
XYZ Ltd from June 2011 to May 2012 in India
XYZ Ltd from May 2011 to current in Australia

For this I have a deputation letter and payg summaries and payslips to support.

How do I show case that experience ? As separate entries for same company with different countries ?

This is basically to claim 5 points of 1 year.

Thanks in advance for your tips.
IndianInACT

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Welcome to forum:
People like Tans can guide you here I guess!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I have sent him PM. He will comment if he can!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have sent him PM. He will comment if he can!
Thats really kind of you to do that .

If I submit EOI before 22nd April without Aussie experience listed what are my chances of getting an invitation to apply ? ( 70 points ? )

Also would you know when do I need to furnish PCC and medical ? At the time of applying ( or after applying ?? )

My experience with PCC when applied from India has been it can take 6 months while I m not sure how it will work out if I apply it at Indian High Commission in Aus

Regards
IndianInACT

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Chances are very very good if the anzsco you are applying is still under ceiling limit.
When you get invite - you lodge your visa and then upload all your docs including pcc and undergo medical. This all to be done preferably before CO is allocated (8-10 weeks for 189)

I believe indian pcc would not take 6 mnths. Am not sure but somewhere around 1 month I guess. Rest Oz indians can better say.

For docs required and walk-through of process you can check the link in my signature below!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chances are very very good if the anzsco you are applying is still under ceiling limit.

I m applying under 2613 Software and Applications Programmers
The occupation ceiling says 5160 3898 (Invitations to
18/02/2013)

Not sure what are the recent numbers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed a strange behavior. I kept my experience history as india throughout and there is no difference to the points calculated in the end.

Not sure how that works .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi indianinact...

Well, I'll explain u based on te knowledge I have and what I did in my case..
I did mention in ACS itself that I worked in AUS from so and so dates.. I m in thr same comp from past 7 years, but was on 457 visa in AUS for more than 5 times..

I mentioned all that dates in my ACS and I got a letter from my comp saying I was working for base comp and deputed to Australia on temp work projects..

What I would suggest you while claiming points would be
1) get from ur prev comp that u travelled to AUS
2) have the sal slips paid in AUS
3) any other proofs u can show, like superannuation etc.. Incase if CO asks
4) bank statements and it returns which you did in AUS
5) pay g statements

If u think u don't have these, I recommend u to go Agead with 5 points less, Bec u have any how 65+ points and u ll get an invite in it next round..

Also, contact tejukondal who don't have some of the above mentioned an he got the invite.. See what is he planning to do in this case..

Hope this helps!

Hello

I m from Indian, current in Canberra
I m planning to submit EOI for subclass 189

My points
Age 25 ( 32 turning 33 this month )
Language: 20 ( ielts 8.5 )
Overseas Experience : 10
Australian Exp : June2009 - Aug 2009 and May 2012 to Current ( total 12 ) months.
Total :
No aussie exp : 70

Question :
When filling the EOI it asks about the experience and country of experience.

The times that I have worked in Australia has been through an Indian software company.

So how should I be explaining that experience ?

Example : I worked for ABC Ltd from April 2008 to April 2011. of which I spent June2009 - Aug 2009 and May 2012 in Australia on 457 visa .

How do i represent that in my experience history ? Should I add
ABC Ltd April 2008 to May 2009 as India
ABC Ltd June 2009 to Aug 2009 as Aus
ABC Ltd Sept 2009 to Aug 2011 as India

For this I have only PAYG summaries and visa copy on my passport as evidence.

Similarly I have worked for
XYZ Ltd from June 2011 to May 2012 in India
XYZ Ltd from May 2011 to current in Australia

For this I have a deputation letter and payg summaries and payslips to support.

How do I show case that experience ? As separate entries for same company with different countries ?

This is basically to claim 5 points of 1 year.

Thanks in advance for your tips.
IndianInACT

·
Registered
79 Posts
If u apply from Australia for India PCC.. There r many ppl here who got PCC in 3 working days and some got in 1 day..

Generally AUS PCC takes 3 to 4 weeks.. When u apply from AUS..

Go thorugh vfs website to get you the info about Indian PCC..

Thats really kind of you to do that .

If I submit EOI before 22nd April without Aussie experience listed what are my chances of getting an invitation to apply ? ( 70 points ? )

Also would you know when do I need to furnish PCC and medical ? At the time of applying ( or after applying ?? )

My experience with PCC when applied from India has been it can take 6 months while I m not sure how it will work out if I apply it at Indian High Commission in Aus

Regards
IndianInACT

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a ton Tans .

I did not get experience letters stating my deputation details so did not include it in ACS.

Even when I include this period in eoi it strangely says less than 1 year . probably they are looking for continuous employment of 1 year or more.

At the moment my age is 32 so it has taken my eoi at 75 points without Aussie exp .

On 21st April I m turning 33 so not sure what will they count on the day of selection process .

Let's hope for the best.

Thanks !

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have submitted the eoi and it currently is sitting at 75 points without Aussie experience points. It will drop to 70 just before April 22 .

Hopefully will get an invite in the forthcoming rounds.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
If u apply from Australia for India PCC.. There r many ppl here who got PCC in 3 working days and some got in 1 day..

Generally AUS PCC takes 3 to 4 weeks.. When u apply from AUS..

Go thorugh vfs website to get you the info about Indian PCC..

Hi I submitted the EOI and here is the points distribution

My points
Language: 20 ( IELTS 8.5 )
Overseas Experience : 5 ( 5yrs < x > 3 yrs - lost 5 points since 12 months were deducted and counted towards Aussie Exp
Australian Exp : 5 points ( total 12 ) months.
Total :

Problems :
a) before second rounds of invitations I will turn 33 which means my points will be 70 then

b) ACS has evaluated my skills with experience country as India. This is because my employers were always Indian and they have not mentioned details of deputation on the experience letter.

While in EOI i have mentioned the country of experience split between India and Australia.

Hope this does not create a problem at the time of application processing.

c) Skill 2613 is on the verge of getting filled up : 1200 left in end of Feb. At the rate of 250 per round 3 rounds have already passed. I m assuming this would be the last round of 2613 if there are sufficient applications already lined up .

what do the experts think ?

Regards
IndianInACT

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi I submitted the EOI and here is the points distribution

My points
Language: 20 ( IELTS 8.5 )
Overseas Experience : 5 ( 5yrs < x > 3 yrs - lost 5 points since 12 months were deducted and counted towards Aussie Exp
Australian Exp : 5 points ( total 12 ) months.
Total :

Problems :
a) before second rounds of invitations I will turn 33 which means my points will be 70 then

b) ACS has evaluated my skills with experience country as India. This is because my employers were always Indian and they have not mentioned details of deputation on the experience letter.

While in EOI i have mentioned the country of experience split between India and Australia.

Hope this does not create a problem at the time of application processing.

c) Skill 2613 is on the verge of getting filled up : 1200 left in end of Feb. At the rate of 250 per round 3 rounds have already passed. I m assuming this would be the last round of 2613 if there are sufficient applications already lined up .

what do the experts think ?

Regards
IndianInACT

Hi Indiainact,
I am not sure of your source of information on ceiling limits for 2613 skill.
I checked on skill select website and can see that 2613 Software and Applications Programmers have 3129 invitation out of 4800 till last round of 24th March.
Skill select will have 1200 invitations for next 2 rounds each for 189 category.

Hope this link will help: https://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Admins,
I have a similar query here, here is a bit of background:

1st Job Overseas Sep 2006 to Oct 2008 <Accessed Positive by ACS>
2nd Job Overseas Nov 2080 to Aug 2010 <Accessed Positive by ACS>
3rd Job Overseas Sept 2010 to Dec 2010 <Employer not willing to provided reference letter, not included in ACS assessment>
4th Job Overseas Jan 2011 to March 2011 <Employer not willing to provided reference letter, not included in ACS assessment>
5th Job Australia Apr 2011 to Nov 2013 <Statutory deceleration from Manager, Accessed Positive by ACS>
6th Job Overseas Dec 2013 till date <Not included in ACS assessment>

In Total I have 4 yr 3 months of Overseas experience out of which 2 yrs was deducted by ACS, so left with less than 3 yrs experience and cant claim points but Job 1 and 2 are marked Relevant in EOI. Job 3 &4 are marked irrelevant. Is it a mistake to specify these jobs in EOI as they were not accessed by ACS? Job 5 is marked relevant in EOI and claimed 5 points as its more than 1 yr but less than 3.

I have marked same designation for 1 job, but made two entries in EOI,
a) From Sept 2006 to Aug 2008 and non relevant as acs didnt considered it during the assessment for obvious reasons <2 yrs work experience deduction to make with equivalent to Australian Skill Standards>.
b) From Sept 2008 to Oct 2008 marked it as relevant, hope this is fine and correct way to do it.
c) For Job 3 & 4 I have limited documents like Offer letter, Few pay slips and bank statements for Job 2. But no tax documents.

Questions:
1. Do you think Job limited number of proofs for job 3 & 4 will it create any problem during my visa application, even though they are not part of my assessment and i marked irrelevant in EOI and also I will not be claiming points for on my Visa application by marking them irrelevant?

2. Creating two entries for same job relevant & irreverent will create any confusion for CO while accessing my application? Can anything be done beforehand to avoid his confusion?

Really appreciate if you can share you views:

Regards
Smartclick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts