Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is for people who have already lodged an EOI for 189/190 visa under ANZSCO - 261313 Software Engineer and expecting to be invited anytime post June 2017 under new quota.

Friends, lets share the information and help each other in best possible way...!!

===============
Some useful links:
===============

189 visa criteria: Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)

SkillSelect page for invitation round dates and results, and occupation ceilings: SkillSelect

189 Invitation trend for pro-rata occupations: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2092529074

189 invite - How to Proceed

What is PR, EOI, 189,190, SOL, CSOL? What is the 1st thing I should do ?

Best of luck to ALL :fingerscrossed:

Reactions: PrinceOfPersia

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today only i have submitted by EOI for the new quota...
Hope to see some positive outcome in coming days...

Anyone else submitted today only ?
It will help others to judge their respective timelines.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have EOI for 189 Visa today with 70 points. When do I expect to get invitation ??
Hi Suresh,

With 70 points, you should ideally get it in the 2nd or 3rd round......which means you can expect your invite either on 26th July or by Mid of August.
However, if you are lucky enough (based upon the queue ahead of you)...you may get it in the first round itself.....but, I think chances of happening that are less.

You may check the immitracker for more details.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Today only i have submitted by EOI for the new quota...
Hope to see some positive outcome in coming days...

Anyone else submitted today only ?
It will help others to judge their respective timelines.
Hi Nimit,

How many points you got for your English?

Seems to be missing in your signature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have EOI for 189 Visa today with 70 points. When do I expect to get invitation ??
Hi Suresh,

With 70 points, you should ideally get it in the 2nd or 3rd round......which means you can expect your invite either on 26th July or by Mid of August.
However, if you are lucky enough (based upon the queue ahead of you)...you may get it in the first round itself.....but, I think chances of happening that are less.

You may check the immitracker for more details.
Thanks GuruBhai

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many points you got for your English?
I had scored 10 points for that in IELTS.
Dont want to go through PTE as of now.
I'm assuming for an invite sometimes in Sep or Mid Oct with 65 points.
Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Thnx

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had scored 10 points for that in IELTS.
Dont want to go through PTE as of now.
I'm assuming for an invite sometimes in Sep or Mid Oct with 65 points.
Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Thnx
I am in the same boat my Friend.

Software engineer waiting for an invite with 65 points.

Yes, Ideally in such situations, people like us should get an invite in Sep/Oct 2017 for sure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am in the same boat my Friend.

Software engineer waiting for an invite with 65 points.

Yes, Ideally in such situations, people like us should get an invite in Sep/Oct 2017 for sure.
All the best friend..!! :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also submitted my EOi on the 1st of July. I'm pretty worried that I won't get an invite before my current visa expires on the 20 of December... my total points are 65 for 189 and 70 for Vic 190.. do you think I can make it :
:fingerscrossed::confused:

Software engineer 261313
65 points

·
Registered
356 Posts
Submitted on 22nd June with 65 points

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Waiting for 189 invite..
75 points
Eoi date : 11th April
You should get the invite by 26/07.
Best of luck :thumb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone from 2613xx group received the invite today ?
Plz share your EOI dates and points so other can get an idea as per their stats.

Thnx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I also have 65 points but the ceiling I checked is full for 2613.Can we still apply for 189 and how soon we get invite?
Hi Sushil,

Yes, the ceiling is full but, that's for the previous financial year (2016-17).

From 1st July 2017, new financial year has already started and 1st round invites have already been completed on 12th July.
However, the ceilings have been reset but, have not been published yet for this, hence you see ceilings full.

To answer your next question, Yes - You can apply for the 189 (EOI). In fact, apply it asap because many people are already waiting with 65 points and even with 70 points. Invite will take sometime (again it depends on the outcome of the first round and new ceilings for 2017-18)

·
Registered
23,871 Posts
Any 70/75 pointers got invite in the first round (12th July)?
70 pointer EOI effect date 26th April 2017 was invited for 2613

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Sushil,

Yes, the ceiling is full but, that's for the previous financial year (2016-17).

From 1st July 2017, new financial year has already started and 1st round invites have already been completed on 12th July.
However, the ceilings have been reset but, have not been published yet for this, hence you see ceilings full.

To answer your next question, Yes - You can apply for the 189 (EOI). In fact, apply it asap because many people are already waiting with 65 points and even with 70 points. Invite will take sometime (again it depends on the outcome of the first round and new ceilings for 2017-18)
That give some relief that they will publish new ceilings.Your answer is really helpful. So chances are there to get 189. Thats good.Hope they have more vacancies in new ceilings.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts