Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am planing to apply 186 DE and I am not sure about the work requirement for this visa.
  • I have ACS assessment in Developer Programmer for 3 years in Australia with mix of Casual and Full time employment
  • I have been working with my current employer from 1.3 years.

Can anyone please explain the work experience requirement, should it be 3 years full time or 3 year assessment is fine?

·
Registered
23,404 Posts
Hi,
I am planing to apply 186 DE and I am not sure about the work requirement for this visa.
  • I have ACS assessment in Developer Programmer for 3 years in Australia with mix of Casual and Full time employment
  • I have been working with my current employer from 1.3 years.

Can anyone please explain the work experience requirement, should it be 3 years full time or 3 year assessment is fine?
You need 3 years full time experience
Full time as per ACS is any job in which you work at least 20 hours per week
You will need full evidence for each experience
Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need 3 years full time experience
Full time as per ACS is any job in which you work at least 20 hours per week
You will need full evidence for each experience
Cheers
Thanks a lot for the reply. So it means if ACS assesses my work for 3 years despite of causal or full-time, I fulfil 3 year work requirement?

·
Registered
23,404 Posts
Thanks a lot for the reply. So it means if ACS assesses my work for 3 years despite of causal or full-time, I fulfil 3 year work requirement?
ACS will say that you can claim points for experience from so and so date
That doesn’t mean that you can claim from that date onwards even if you have not worked
ACS is not the final authority
The case officer in DHA Will check each and every experience to make sure that it meets the criteria
So if the job is relevant and at least 20 hours per week, then only he will accept it, else it will be rejected
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can the 2 years overseas experience consumed by ACS be counted towards fulfilling 186DE requirements?

The 2 years experience was after Bachelors. Both Bachelors and Masters were in Computer Science domain.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Taran

·
Registered
23,404 Posts
Can the 2 years overseas experience consumed by ACS be counted towards fulfilling 186DE requirements?

The 2 years experience was after Bachelors. Both Bachelors and Masters were in Computer Science domain.

Cheers,
Taran
Nope
It has to be after the date that ACS has allowed points claim
If you are from the daredevil group, you can try to claim the deducted experience
Cheers

·
Registered
405 Posts

Cheers,
Taran
Nope
It has to be after the date that ACS has allowed points claim
If you are from the daredevil group, you can try to claim the deducted experience
Cheers
Myself and others on the forum have received their 186 DE whilst counting the experience deducted by the ACS. Consulting an agent will answer any queries you have regarding this. My agent advised me that only a 2 year deduction can be claimed as the ACS is recognising your education as a major in IT and closely related.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ACS will say that you can claim points for experience from so and so date
That doesn’t mean that you can claim from that date onwards even if you have not worked
ACS is not the final authority
The case officer in DHA Will check each and every experience to make sure that it meets the criteria
So if the job is relevant and at least 20 hours per week, then only he will accept it, else it will be rejected
Cheers
My company is using their own mara agents and they asked if I have worked full time for three years... ACS has already assessed my work based on 20+ hrs but I am confuse now because I am not sure what is Full-time work according to immigration?
1st Job - 20 hrs per week Casual based 1.7
2nd Job - 38+ hrs full time 1.4 years

·
Registered
23,404 Posts
My company is using their own mara agents and they asked if I have worked full time for three years... ACS has already assessed my work based on 20+ hrs but I am confuse now because I am not sure what is Full-time work according to immigration?
1st Job - 20 hrs per week Casual based 1.7
2nd Job - 38+ hrs full time 1.4 years
I don’t know what you mean by casual
Cheers

·
Registered
23,404 Posts

·
Registered
23,404 Posts
The you can claim the employment as full time experience
If there were gaps in between jobs, that portion has to be removed when arriving at total days worked
Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts