Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm planning to apply for 186 direct entry visa for the occupation ICT Business Analyst.

My employer is willing to sponsor me for 186 DE. What I am concerned is, my bachelor degree is irrelevant to the occupation.

However, I have got 6+ years relevant working experience. With which I have got a positive ACS skill assessment.

I browsed a lot and found that the candidates who holds the relevant qualification and have more than 3 years post-qualification working experience, the 186 DE visa will be granted, regardless how many years the ASC deducts.

I have 6+ years working experience without qualification. I'm very concerned if DIBP would accept that I meet the criterion of 3 years working experience at skilled level.

Anyone without the qualification are in the same situation, and how is the 186 visa result?

Can anyone advice please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
Hi, I'm planning to apply for 186 direct entry visa for the occupation ICT Business Analyst.

My employer is willing to sponsor me for 186 DE. What I am concerned is, my bachelor degree is irrelevant to the occupation.

However, I have got 6+ years relevant working experience. With which I have got a positive ACS skill assessment.

I browsed a lot and found that the candidates who holds the relevant qualification and have more than 3 years post-qualification working experience, the 186 DE visa will be granted, regardless how many years the ASC deducts.

I have 6+ years working experience without qualification. I'm very concerned if DIBP would accept that I meet the criterion of 3 years working experience at skilled level.

Anyone without the qualification are in the same situation, and how is the 186 visa result?

Can anyone advice please?

Thanks.
Most companies engage a Mara agent to process employees sponsorship
Your company will also be probably doing the same
Speak to the agent
He is best to advise you as after all he has to process your application and he has to be satisfied that you meet the criteria
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most companies engage a Mara agent to process employees sponsorship
Your company will also be probably doing the same
Speak to the agent
He is best to advise you as after all he has to process your application and he has to be satisfied that you meet the criteria
Cheers
He thinks my visa application would be challenged since I don’t have the qualification. The other agent I consulted holds the same opinion, too risky, no necessary to try it.
Another agent and a lawyer think I could try by providing the evidence for the 3 years working experience including tax records and employment reference.

Personally I’ve gone through Migration Regulation 1994 and Amendment in recent years. The regulations says the 3 years working experience should be at the level of skill required by the occupation, no regulations point out how to measure if a employee reaches the level of skill required by the occupation. Not sure how the visa officer would make the decision, it’s possible that they will be satisfied with the employee reference listing the job duties?

I don’t know😵‍💫 I’m trying to collect real cases here to see if I should submit the application.

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
He thinks my visa application would be challenged since I don’t have the qualification. The other agent I consulted holds the same opinion, too risky, no necessary to try it.
Another agent and a lawyer think I could try by providing the evidence for the 3 years working experience including tax records and employment reference.

Personally I’ve gone through Migration Regulation 1994 and Amendment in recent years. The regulations says the 3 years working experience should be at the level of skill required by the occupation, no regulations point out how to measure if a employee reaches the level of skill required by the occupation. Not sure how the visa officer would make the decision, it’s possible that they will be satisfied with the employee reference listing the job duties?

I don’t know😵‍💫 I’m trying to collect real cases here to see if I should submit the application.
You have to understand that employee sponsorship is not your decision alone
Your company has to spend considerable amount of money time and effort in this sponsorship
They may not like to go with your perception only based on comments on a forum
They would rather listen to what the Mara agent says and take a decision
Speak to your company HR first and see what he says
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi @libby_zz , I am in the same boat as you are. My company is ready to do a 186DE for me. I did my RPL with positive assessment but my agent (of company) thinks it might be risky as my degree is not assessed.
So can you please help me know what decision did you take finally and how it worked out? It will be a great help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi @libby_zz , I am in the same boat as you are. My company is ready to do a 186DE for me. I did my RPL with positive assessment but my agent (of company) thinks it might be risky as my degree is not assessed.
So can you please help me know what decision did you take finally and how it worked out? It will be a great help.
Hi there, I've submitted the application, waiting for the result. I think I have half chance to be granted... maybe more than that. What matters is that how the visa officer would look at my case. Glad to let you know when the result comes out.

Please be free to share any helpful information you gather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I've submitted the application, waiting for the result. I think I have half chance to be granted... maybe more than that. What matters is that how the visa officer would look at my case. Glad to let you know when the result comes out.

Please be free to share any helpful information you gather.
Hey @libby_zz , just following up, how did it go for you? hope all good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts