Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All - My employer is supposed to start my nomination process soon for 186 (Direct Grant), my current passport is about to expire in 11 months' time for which I already have Indian PCC approved.
Do you think my nomination can be lodged with the current passport and in the background, I can apply for a new one? Any suggestion on it would be great !! cheers
If your occupation is on PMSOL and you are onshore there is a high chance your PR application will be approved in 2-3 months max, significantly before your passport expires. I was in a similar situation as my passport was expiring in about 13 months at the time of application.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If your occupation is on PMSOL and you are onshore there is a high chance your PR application will be approved in 2-3 months max, significantly before your passport expires. I was in a similar situation as my passport was expiring in about 13 months at the time of application.
Thanks a lot mate - Yes, I am onshore for the last 5 years, have a positive skill assessment for Software engineer - 261313 which is under PMSOL, my only concern was shall I apply for the new passport or wait until my application gets filled with IMMI.

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Thanks a lot mate - Yes, I am onshore for the last 5 years, have a positive skill assessment for Software engineer - 261313 which is under PMSOL, my only concern was shall I apply for the new passport or wait until my application gets filled with IMMI.
Your passport renewal has nothing to do with invite or processing
Changing passport number is a minutes job at any stage of the process
Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
In that case, as soon as your application is decision-ready, you'll get your grant in 4-6 weeks so you will have plenty of time to renew your passport.

@NB do you know if you can apply for citizenship on an expired passport? I received my grant last month and my passport expires in May 2022. I just don't see any point in renewing it for a few months as in 2 months I will meet the residence criteria. I am aware finishing the citizenship process takes around 2 years but I have no plans of traveling in the interim. In my experience, DL & Medicare card has been a more than sufficient ID in most cases.

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
In that case, as soon as your application is decision-ready, you'll get your grant in 4-6 weeks so you will have plenty of time to renew your passport.

@NB do you know if you can apply for citizenship on an expired passport? I received my grant last month and my passport expires in May 2022. I just don't see any point in renewing it for a few months as in 2 months I will meet the residence criteria. I am aware finishing the citizenship process takes around 2 years but I have no plans of traveling in the interim. In my experience, DL & Medicare card has been a more than sufficient ID in most cases.
You can apply on an expired passport
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Seeking advice.

My company is ready to sponsor me and it is operating in Australia for the last 13 years. But they had a loss last year because of COVID. Will that affect my nomination?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

I have been granted 186 DE just today, thankfully, and finally.

I have been posting questions and reading a lot of posts related to 186 DE visa, and I wanted to share some info and clear out some misconceptions (from my experience).

First, my time line is as follows:

Nomination Submitted: 28 Sept 20
Nomination Approved: 21 Oct 20
PR Application Submitted: 15 Dec 2020 (I needed to delay few months to get 3 years of total exp)
Medical: 22 Dec 2020
Medical Cleared: 11 Jan 2021
Additional info requested: 20 Jan 2021
Direct Granted: 19 Feb 2021

My occupation is Software Engineer (ANZSCO 261313), and my Assessing authority was ACS.
Now, the main point that I wanted to clear, is that my experience is less than 3 years after ACS deducted 2 years of experience.

Here's the breakdown of my experience:

• 9 Months of full-time work as a Software engineer in the UAE
  • 10 Months of part-time work as a Software engineer remotely working in Australia, with a company in the UAE (this was considered as 5 months full-time)
  • 2 Years of full-time Software engineering with a company in Australia

So in total, I have around 3 years of post-qualification experience, and ACS deduction DID NOT cause any issue in my case.

Now I'm only sharing my experience, and I'm not sure if this will be the case with everyone.
But I sure hope this clears out the experience bit, because I was reading countless times that the experience is post-deduction. It is NOT, it is POST-QUALIFICATION (at least in my experience).

Wish everyone a good luck.

OxygenThief
Hi Oxygen Thief,

Thanks mate.

My situation is that my bachelor's degree is irrelevant to my occupation. However, I have accumulated 6 years relevant working experience, with which I've got a positive ACS skill assessment as a ICT business analyst. After ACS deduction, the valid skilled working experience is only a few months.

I'm wondering if my 6 years working experience counts (without qualification) and if I meet the 186 criterion of 3 years working experience at the skilled level.

Can you please advice?

Can I ask which migration agent you appointed to process your 186 application?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Oxygen Thief,

Thanks mate.

My situation is that my bachelor's degree is irrelevant to my occupation. However, I have accumulated 6 years relevant working experience, with which I've got a positive ACS skill assessment as a ICT business analyst. After ACS deduction, the valid skilled working experience is only a few months.

I'm wondering if my 6 years working experience counts (without qualification) and if I meet the 186 criterion of 3 years working experience at the skilled level.

Can you please advice?

Can I ask which migration agent you appointed to process your 186 application?

Thanks.
Hi libby_zz,

I am in same situation, did you find an answer?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi libby_zz,

I am in same situation, did you find an answer?

Thanks
Hi Hashina,

2 agents suggest me to go for 482 first to accumulate 3 years extra experience to apply for 186.

However I've decided to give it try for 186 Direct Entry. Am preparing for the nomination right now. Wish me good luck 😂

I will update the result. Please don't forget to let me know if you collect any helpful information. Thanks!

The main reason is that I've gone through all the AATA cases of 186 in recently years, I didn't find any rejected cases in our situation.

Also, I've gone through all the migration regulations I could find, it only says the 3 years experience should be at the level of skills required by the occupation but there is no clear guide of how to measure the level of skills. Thus I think there is a chance for me to argue for the 3 years skilled experience by providing sufficient evidences such as the pay slips, tax records.

Besides I find that the ACS skill assessment guideline quotes "The employment to be assessed must be performed at the level of depth and complexity for the nominated occupation." It looks like ACS agrees that all the employment years before deduction meets the level of depth, which gives me more confidence on the positive application result.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All,

I have been posting questions and reading a lot of posts related to 186 DE visa, and I wanted to share some info and clear out some misconceptions (from my experience).

PR Application Submitted: 15 Dec 2020 (I needed to delay few months to get 3 years of total exp)

My occupation is Software Engineer (ANZSCO 261313), and my Assessing authority was ACS.
Now, the main point that I wanted to clear, is that my experience is less than 3 years after ACS deducted 2 years of experience.

• 10 Months of part-time work as a Software engineer remotely working in Australia, with a company in the UAE (this was considered as 5 months full-time)

So in total, I have around 3 years of post-qualification experience, and ACS deduction DID NOT cause any issue in my case.

Now I'm only sharing my experience, and I'm not sure if this will be the case with everyone.
But I sure hope this clears out the experience bit, because I was reading countless times that the experience is post-deduction. It is NOT, it is POST-QUALIFICATION (at least in my experience).

OxygenThief
Hi All,

OxygenThief
Hi Mate,
I have been reading about the date of Nomination Approval everywhere and I was wondering:
Did you received a separate notification for it?
I applied in July 2021, PR application and nomination submitted at the same time, on the immi account still says received and neither I nor the employer received anything yet.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Friends,
My employer going to apply 186 DE for me. Which way is good: apply nomination first and once it is approved, apply visa or apply nomination and visa together? Any advantages one over another?
Thanks!

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Hi Friends,
My employer going to apply 186 DE for me. Which way is good: apply nomination first and once it is approved, apply visa or apply nomination and visa together? Any advantages one over another?
Thanks!
You save time if you apply both together
Cheers

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Thanks NB! If my nomination rejected, Visa fee will be refunded, isn't it?
Nope
Immigration fees is a one way traffic
Only going, nothing comes back
Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys,

I have some question regarding 186 visa. Once 186 visa granted which is technically PR, can I work for another employer part-time to earn some extra income while working full-time for the sponsored employer.

Ex:- I work full-time for the sponsored employer and during the weekends I do some freelance work for some clients or I work at Woolworths. Is that possible as a normal 189/190 PR holder?

Cheers!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts