Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey,

seek and indeed should be fine in LMT or jobactive govet site ad is compulsory?
According to Immi website and my case, I believe it is compulsory to post Job Ads on 3 sources: Jobactive and other 2 (Seek and Indeed should be fine).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not really sure. My employer and agent took care of that side of things.
Hi, your current employer and a new employer who sponsored your 186 are different? If already working for the same employer for few years, I don't think LMT is required as it may have already done when the offer was made initially in the current VISA.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi, your current employer and a new employer who sponsored your 186 are different? If already working for the same employer for few years, I don't think LMT is required as it may have already done when the offer was made initially in the current VISA.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Same employer. You could be correct saying that

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can back this up. I was granted my 186 DE (direct grant, no CO contact) with 3.5 years of experience post-qualification. ACS deducted 2 years leaving 1.5 years of experience as "relevant experience". The department needs to provide clarification regarding relevant and skilled experience. My occupation is Developer Programmer.

Timeline:

Nomination Submitted: 12 Mar 21
Visa Application Submitted: 12 Mar 21
Nomination Approved: 15 Mar 21
Medical: 22 Mar 21
Medical Cleared: 23 Mar 2021
Direct Grant: 30 Mar 2021

Fairly quick grant.
What Is part of LMT? If an Australian applies for a job within a month, does your nomination stand cancelled?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can back this up. I was granted my 186 DE (direct grant, no CO contact) with 3.5 years of experience post-qualification. ACS deducted 2 years leaving 1.5 years of experience as "relevant experience". The department needs to provide clarification regarding relevant and skilled experience. My occupation is Developer Programmer.

Timeline:

Nomination Submitted: 12 Mar 21
Visa Application Submitted: 12 Mar 21
Nomination Approved: 15 Mar 21
Medical: 22 Mar 21
Medical Cleared: 23 Mar 2021
Direct Grant: 30 Mar 2021

Fairly quick grant.
Congrats mate,

Just a quick question, so you were applying for the visa at the time while the nomination has not yet approved?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys, I applied for 186 in April 2020. No contact from CO to date. Do you think I should update my police clearance from the US? Because it can take some time. I left US for good in July 2020. I am aware that the police clearance is valid for one year, but I found this piece of information:

"Where a certificate has expired and the applicant has NOT returned to the country that issued the certificate, a new certificate is not required" Is this true?

Plus, do you think I should have medicals again? I did medical check more than a year ago. Many thanks.

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Hi guys, I applied for 186 in April 2020. No contact from CO to date. Do you think I should update my police clearance from the US? Because it can take some time. I left US for good in July 2020. I am aware that the police clearance is valid for one year, but I found this piece of information:

"Where a certificate has expired and the applicant has NOT returned to the country that issued the certificate, a new certificate is not required" Is this true?

Plus, do you think I should have medicals again? I did medical check more than a year ago. Many thanks.
PCC and medicals to be asked or not, is the prerogative of the CO no matter what the rules say
You cannot do the medicals even if you want to, as you need a new hapid which has to be generated by the CO
Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
How many payslips did you have to provide and was it to validate local experience?
Hello,

I had to provide most of my payslips for the local experience (I don't think you need all of them), and I did provide bank statements showing the part-time job payments as the offshore employer doesn't provide payslips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to share my experience

Onshore
DE stream
Metal fabricator
nomination and visa application lodged 5 May 2021
Nomination approved 5 May 2021
Medical and AFP done 21 May 2021
Visa grant 5 June 2021

Thank you and wish you all the best

·
Registered
12 Posts
Additional info requested: 20 Jan 2021
Hi mate, when did you provide the additional info? I just want to ascertain the processing time between additional info and the grant date.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All - My employer is supposed to start my nomination process soon for 186 (Direct Grant), my current passport is about to expire in 11 months' time for which I already have Indian PCC approved.
Do you think my nomination can be lodged with the current passport and in the background, I can apply for a new one? Any suggestion on it would be great !! cheers

21 - 40 of 57 Posts