Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

176 Visa Pre-Grant received

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sanands2007 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Wanted to share this gr8 news with this forum as its been instrumental in getting me here.

I have been given a pre-grant for 176 (Vic State) visa.

Thank you so much for helping me in this.

PR Application: 8 Jan 2012
CO Assigned: 18 Mar 2012 - there was a delay because i missed out on sending an email to state sponsoring authority to send 1100 form to DIAC. Again thanks to Expat forum!
Pre-grant received: 25 Apr 2012

Am planning a trip to NZD this month end as i am currently in Oz and need to leave the country and enter back to activate the visa.

One question - do i need to get the visa evidenced/stamped on my passport in NZD ??? This is one thing that i have not been able to get proper info on.

IMMI site says its all electronic now but many folks in this form say we need to get it evidenced.

Note: I am currently on 457 and in Victoria.

Thanks again.

Regards

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi mate ,

No need of visa stamping , it gets automatically updated in immi site , u need to provide ur CO ur travel date , on the date of travel or within 3 days u ll get ur grant letter , i got pre grant on 16th , I travelled out on 26th n got my grant on 1st may , allow min of 5 days before u enter back to Aus , as they take 3 to 5 working days for completion of process .

U can get stamped once u enter Vic in near by immi office , this helps for changing jobs & loans etc , as they ask visa copy .

All the best

Regards
San

#5 ·
rbkpersonal said:
Hi San,

THanks for your response.
If i do not need the stamping then its good.

But why would you get a grant letter only after you leave ?
I thought they will email it couple of days before so that if required we can get it stamped in Auckland.

Regards
Hi RBK ,

Usually grant letter would be provided same day after u fly out , 3 of my friends got same day ,in my case , my status got changed to "applicant approved " with 5 yrs of validity , latter I sent mail to CO Abu grant , he sent grant letter within 10 mins .

So need not worry much , just check your mail n ask co if u don't get grant .

Regards
San

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.