Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys;
Got the visa grant email in the morning. I am on cloud nine..:)
Its been a tough, arduous journey which started off rather unpleasantly bcoz the agent which I had selected was a buffoon and a moron. I had lost all hope and that's when this forum gave me hope and strength to move on.
This is an absolute gem of a forum (particularly the Australian Expat section) And ALL the credit goes to the super-active forum members. I found all the answers to my queries here.
Anj1976,MaddyOZ and everyone else have always given invaluable info during all the stages of my application..

My timeline is as under. Its rather long (I have tried to write down everything) but I am sure many will benefit from it....

I will continue to remain an active member here and try to give back as much as I can to this forum..

1) IELTS given on 25th Aug’11
2) IELTS score received in Sep’11
3) Docs sent to EA: 10th Oct’11 (I wasted 30 days between step 2 and 3 :(
4) EA’s CID # received on 19th Oct’11
5) Sent the optional Skills assessment request to EA on 6th Nov’11
6) EA +ve assessment: 21st Nov’11
7) Vic SS denied: 18th Nov’11 (Vic did not even wait for my skills assessment.They have a look at your resume first and match your work experience with Vic’s CURRENT labor shortage. If they think that your work experience doesn’t fit then your application will be rejected even without looking at other documents)
8) SA SS applied: 1st Dec’11
9) Complete set of docs received by SA on 13th Dec’11
10) Mailed the required PCC docs to FBI on 26th December'11
11) FBI received the docs on 3rd Jan’12
12) SA SS approved on 16th Jan'12
13) Applied for 176 (online) : 22nd Jan'12
14) CO allocated on 30th Jan'12
15) PCC & Medical requested on 30th Jan'12
16) Medical Reports submitted on 13th Feb’12
17) FBI reports received on 9th March'12
17) PCC submitted on 10th March 2012
18) Visa Granted on 13th March 2012
12th March was a public holiday (due to Adelaide Cup) in SA or else I would have got the visa on 12th itself..;)
Once again thanks a ton for all those who took the time and effort to answer my queries & a big thanks to everyone who give their suggestions/comments here..
Keep it up guys....
Three cheers to this wonderful forum!!! :clap2:

Now the most difficult part lies ahead I guess : Moving to an unknown land ..I am sure that I will be getting many suggestions for this also...

·
Registered
267 Posts
WOW!!! Congrats lifeisgood!!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
congratulations...good luck on job hunt.

what is your initial entry date?

·
Registered
1 Posts
congrats!

hi guys;
got the visa grant email in the morning. I am on cloud nine..:)
its been a tough, arduous journey which started off rather unpleasantly bcoz the agent which i had selected was a buffoon and a moron. I had lost all hope and that's when this forum gave me hope and strength to move on.
This is an absolute gem of a forum (particularly the australian expat section) and all the credit goes to the super-active forum members. I found all the answers to my queries here.
Anj1976,maddyoz and everyone else have always given invaluable info during all the stages of my application..

My timeline is as under. Its rather long (i have tried to write down everything) but i am sure many will benefit from it....

I will continue to remain an active member here and try to give back as much as i can to this forum..

1) ielts given on 25th aug’11
2) ielts score received in sep’11
3) docs sent to ea: 10th oct’11 (i wasted 30 days between step 2 and 3 :(
4) ea’s cid # received on 19th oct’11
5) sent the optional skills assessment request to ea on 6th nov’11
6) ea +ve assessment: 21st nov’11
7) vic ss denied: 18th nov’11 (vic did not even wait for my skills assessment.they have a look at your resume first and match your work experience with vic’s current labor shortage. If they think that your work experience doesn’t fit then your application will be rejected even without looking at other documents)
8) sa ss applied: 1st dec’11
9) complete set of docs received by sa on 13th dec’11
10) mailed the required pcc docs to fbi on 26th december'11
11) fbi received the docs on 3rd jan’12
12) sa ss approved on 16th jan'12
13) applied for 176 (online) : 22nd jan'12
14) co allocated on 30th jan'12
15) pcc & medical requested on 30th jan'12
16) medical reports submitted on 13th feb’12
17) fbi reports received on 9th march'12
17) pcc submitted on 10th march 2012
18) visa granted on 13th march 2012
12th march was a public holiday (due to adelaide cup) in sa or else i would have got the visa on 12th itself..;)
once again thanks a ton for all those who took the time and effort to answer my queries & a big thanks to everyone who give their suggestions/comments here..
Keep it up guys....

Now the most difficult part lies ahead i guess : Moving to an unknown land ..i am sure that i will be getting many suggestions for this also...
congratulations!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats LIG :) :clap2:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi Guys;
Its been a tough, arduous journey which started off rather unpleasantly bcoz the agent which I had selected was a buffoon and a moron. I had lost all hope and that's when this forum gave me hope and strength to move on.
This is an absolute gem of a forum (particularly the Australian Expat section) And ALL the credit goes to the super-active forum members. I found all the answers to my queries here.
Anj1976,MaddyOZ and everyone else have always given invaluable info during all the stages of my application..

My timeline is as under. Its rather long (I have tried to write down everything) but I am sure many will benefit from it....

I will continue to remain an active member here and try to give back as much as I can to this forum..

7) Vic SS denied: 18th Nov’11 (Vic did not even wait for my skills assessment.They have a look at your resume first and match your work experience with Vic’s CURRENT labor shortage. If they think that your work experience doesn’t fit then your application will be rejected even without looking at other documents)
12th March was a public holiday (due to Adelaide Cup) in SA or else I would have got the visa on 12th itself..;)
Once again thanks a ton for all those who took the time and effort to answer my queries & a big thanks to everyone who give their suggestions/comments here..
Keep it up guys....

Now the most difficult part lies ahead I guess : Moving to an unknown land ..I am sure that I will be getting many suggestions for this also...
Awesome LIG... Many congratulations man!!! Party hard.. :D

All the very best for the job hunt!! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Guys;

Keep it up guys....

CONGRATS.:clap2: Would like to hear from you on further news on job search and living arrangements in SA.
My PCC also reached SA DIAC on 10th march. Hoping to get the good news in next day or two.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hi Guys;

Keep it up guys....

Heartiest Congrats Mate...

Wishing you good luck down under in South Australia :)

Advance Welcome to the OZ land..!!:plane:

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congratulations... Enjoy the next few days... give close friends and relatives a call... celebrate :)

All the best for the move...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congratulations...... :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks a lot guys!!!

Good Luck to all the prospective applicants..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks a lot guys!!!

Good Luck to all the prospective applicants..
hi LIG,
I see you went through EA assessment, which category (occupation code) you applied for? Actually I was thinking that you applied for IT stream.

·
Registered
239 Posts
CONGRATS! Really thrilled for you, good luck with your move!

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.