Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Initially I have applied 175 online but later applied for 176 as well (by paper) to be on safe side. Mine is a Flagged Occupation - 261111. I have just got my 176 visa granted. See this thread for more details. Now the question is what happens to my 175 application. my 176 CO did not mention anything about my 175 at any point of time through out the process. That makes me thinking may be, when time comes for my 175, it will also be granted. Or may be not. does not matter much now.

Anyway, I have to prepare for my touch down to perth. First things first, going to resign to my current job today. Thats going to be tough. I have been working for this company for almost 11 years. Also very excited to start a brand new life in brand new country with brand new friends. :plane:

Anybody else planning to fly to perth mid-april? please be in touch.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
congrats on your visa. I think that if the 175 gets granted, it will replace the 176 - which may be useful if you can't find a job at Perth, you'll be free to move anywhere.

Have fun in Perth!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
congrats on your visa. I think that if the 175 gets granted, it will replace the 176 - which may be useful if you can't find a job at Perth, you'll be free to move anywhere.

Have fun in Perth!
That was the whole plan. Hope thats how it would turn out.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Initially I have applied 175 online but later applied for 176 as well (by paper) to be on safe side. Mine is a Flagged Occupation - 261111. I have just got my 176 visa granted. See this thread for more details. Now the question is what happens to my 175 application. my 176 CO did not mention anything about my 175 at any point of time through out the process. That makes me thinking may be, when time comes for my 175, it will also be granted. Or may be not. does not matter much now.

Anyway, I have to prepare for my touch down to perth. First things first, going to resign to my current job today. Thats going to be tough. I have been working for this company for almost 11 years. Also very excited to start a brand new life in brand new country with brand new friends. :plane:

Great, congratulations buddy!! All the best for the move & the job hunt. :)

G

·
If you have a visa you really should cancel the other in my opinion as you may be stopping someone else getting a visa.
DIAC have quotas for the number of visas they give out each year. Once that is reached no more are granted until the following year. Changing processing priorities during this period can push peoples wait back several years. As can the number of visas being processed & granted for people who do not actually need it because they have been granted another!

That's just my opinion mind but I'm sure many of those who have bumped back to lower priority will agree with me.

But congratulations on getting your visa.

·
Registered
274 Posts

Congratualtions :clap2:, in how much time you got 176 visa?

·
Registered
244 Posts

If you are working in a MNC have you verified if your organization has any presence in Australia? if so they would consider transfering you there as you have legal rights to stay and work in Australia. Did you thought of this? My organization has its presence in australia, whole idea of my Australian PR is keeping this in mind.

Keep us posted on what happen to your 175. As you have spent 3000, no need to cancel it, let it take its course and see what happen.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are working in a MNC have you verified if your organization has any presence in Australia? if so they would consider transfering you there as you have legal rights to stay and work in Australia. Did you thought of this? My organization has its presence in australia, whole idea of my Australian PR is keeping this in mind.

Keep us posted on what happen to your 175. As you have spent 3000, no need to cancel it, let it take its course and see what happen.
Thats a possibility. But my company operates from Sydney. And I don't want to leave perth unless i absolutely have to.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats man. good for u

175 visa will get cancelled they won't issue both or replace for you. Before many people applied same way paper-online that's what always happens, when they chk ur 175 they will reject it.

But only problem ur stuck in perth 2 years what is the use, You will find getting ICT job there v difficult but good luck, maybe u should've applied for victoria . I have many friend in Perth and all tell me miserable there for ict ppl .

good luck and have fun

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats man. good for u

175 visa will get cancelled they won't issue both or replace for you. Before many people applied same way paper-online that's what always happens, when they chk ur 175 they will reject it.

But only problem ur stuck in perth 2 years what is the use, You will find getting ICT job there v difficult but good luck, maybe u should've applied for victoria . I have many friend in Perth and all tell me miserable there for ict ppl .

good luck and have fun
Thanks you.

G

·
They will not cancel or chuck the 175 unless specifically asked to cancel it by the applicant! It will continue to being processed & they may contact you for more info etc. If they know you are in australia they will contact you when it is ready to be granted & ask you to leave. If it is granted it will then cancel the 176.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They will not cancel or chuck the 175 unless specifically asked to cancel it by the applicant! It will continue to being processed & they may contact you for more info etc. If they know you are in australia they will contact you when it is ready to be granted & ask you to leave. If it is granted it will then cancel the 176.
Are you saying if everything goes well, I will be granted 175 visa at which point I have to go out of OZ and enter back? Thats would be great news.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Are you saying if everything goes well, I will be granted 175 visa at which point I have to go out of OZ and enter back? Thats would be great news.
I too intepret/ beleive that. This is what I see in Form 1276 on question 86

Part L – Details of previous visa(s)
Warning: In general, a person can only hold one visa at a time. If you are granted a visa while you already have another, the first visa will cease automatically when the new visa is granted.

Rgogada - What did you answer for question 84 and 86 about any existing visa applications? Did you mention that you have already filed GSM 175?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Now another question - Now rgogada has his 176 granted and if everything goes well and in next 2 to 3 months if CO get assigned for his 175, do he need to undergo medical and pcc one more time? or not required as he already got a visa by showing proper PCC and medicals?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Now another question - Now rgogada has his 176 granted and if everything goes well and in next 2 to 3 months if CO get assigned for his 175, do he need to undergo medical and pcc one more time? or not required as he already got a visa by showing proper PCC and medicals?
I am not sure if Medicals can be reused. The hospital would not send the old medicals again under a new TRN, that too if they have the old copies in the first place.

About PCC it can be reused but the issue is that the first entry date would be based on the old PCC. So in that case he would not get many days to validate the 175.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats on your visa. but as Shel already said, if you don't cancel your other visa application, you would be stopping someone from availing that visa, and that person could have been waiting desperately for it like you were waiting for your visa. the decision is yours....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.