Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yupieeeeeeeeee……..we got our 176 visa grant today, I can’t tell you how happy we are…What a mail……and what better way to start my day…..
Overall it took us 4 months from the date of applying ACS till getting the grant.
We are thankful to this forum who helped us in each and every step….Big big thanks to coolsnake, dreamaus for clarifying my doubts at odd hours 
Here is my story.

Dec 2011: Thought of possible migration to another country for better prospects came into our minds
Jan 2012: Finalized Australia and started researching about Visa options and read various posts on this form. As my occupation is in SOL2 only possible option left for us was VIC SS.
We decided to apply on our own instead of agent after reading so many bad experiences about agents in India. We were hesitant initially as the VIC SOL released 2 months back and by the time I get my IELTS results it’s going to be one more month so we were not very sure whether the occupation would be still in demand by the time we apply for VIC SS. However we were positive that it’s going to work out, so started collecting references.
27 Jan 2012: Applied for ACS
9 Feb 2012: Appeared for IELTS
22 Feb 2012: Checked online results, all modules above 7 
27 Feb 2012: Received IELTS results(Delayed due to some postal holidays at that time)
3 Mar 2012: Applied VIC SS
5 Mar 2012: Received VIS SS Acknowledgement
9 Mar 2012: ACS positive result received(Delayed due to requested Extra documentation after submitting application)
9 Mar 2012: Sent ACS letter to VIC
After almost 2 months of waiting
23 Apr 2012: VIC SS positive result received
26 Apr 2012: 176 Visa applied
8 May 2012: CO is assigned and requested for PCC, Medicals
8 May 2012: Medicals done at eHealth
10 May 2012:Medicals Finalized
24 May 2012: PCC submitted
25 May 2012: Grant received

Now wish me luck for my move and job search.
Good luck for all waiting for COs, grants and SS approvals

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yupieeeeeeeeee……..we got our 176 visa grant today, I can’t tell you how happy we are…What a mail……and what better way to start my day…..
Overall it took us 4 months from the date of applying ACS till getting the grant.
We are thankful to this forum who helped us in each and every step….Big big thanks to coolsnake, dreamaus for clarifying my doubts at odd hours 
Here is my story.

Dec 2011: Thought of possible migration to another country for better prospects came into our minds
Jan 2012: Finalized Australia and started researching about Visa options and read various posts on this form. As my occupation is in SOL2 only possible option left for us was VIC SS.
We decided to apply on our own instead of agent after reading so many bad experiences about agents in India. We were hesitant initially as the VIC SOL released 2 months back and by the time I get my IELTS results it’s going to be one more month so we were not very sure whether the occupation would be still in demand by the time we apply for VIC SS. However we were positive that it’s going to work out, so started collecting references.
27 Feb 2012: Received IELTS results(Delayed due to some postal holidays at that time)
9 Mar 2012: ACS positive result received(Delayed due to requested Extra documentation after submitting application)

Congrats Sandy and wish you all the best for the search...

Waiting for a CO ...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Stormgal and Mansin :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Congratulations :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here is my story.

Hey congratulations Sandy!!! Awesome timelines. :clap2:

So, when do you plan to move to OZ?

All the very best for the move & job hunt. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Coolsnake....3-4 months from now,nothing concrete as of now
Hey congratulations Sandy!!! Awesome timelines. :clap2:

So, when do you plan to move to OZ?

All the very best for the move & job hunt. :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Congratz SandyBR! Whatever we have done is step 0. Getting a job is very important. Just prepare yourself better for that and my wishes to you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agree...getting job and moving is much more difficult than getting Visa....hope we will get settled soon :)

Congratz SandyBR! Whatever we have done is step 0. Getting a job is very important. Just prepare yourself better for that and my wishes to you.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Many Congratulations!!!!!:clap2:

Impressive timeline...
All the best....
:):clap2:
Here is my story.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here is my story.

Congrats Sandy! Wish you good luck for your job search and settlement.

Were you asked for medicals just 2 days after your CO was assigned? I got my CO assigned on 12th Apr 2012 (for a 176 Visa), she needed some more documents so I submitted them on 9th May 2012. She acknowledged the receipt of these and accepted them as sufficient on 10th May 2012. Now I am waiting for my medicals and PCC request. Do you guys think I should wait for one month (10th June 2012) to ask my CO about status of my application or should I just wait?

Any thoughts from anyone?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Here is my story.

Congrats All the best for your move

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As far as i know from the forum it might take upto 1 year for security checks to complete for HR countries. So it would be advisable to go for PCC and medicals once CO requests for it. Again it's my opinion. You can ask some senior members.

Were you asked for medicals just 2 days after your CO was assigned? I got my CO assigned on 12th Apr 2012 (for a 176 Visa), she needed some more documents so I submitted them on 9th May 2012. She acknowledged the receipt of these and accepted them as sufficient on 10th May 2012. Now I am waiting for my medicals and PCC request. Do you guys think I should wait for one month (10th June 2012) to ask my CO about status of my application or should I just wait?

·
Registered
556 Posts

I would agree with Sandy. Its better if you go for the Meds & PCC when the CO asks you for it. Applicants from HR countries have to undergo security checks which can take upto a year.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You both are right. But India is also an HR country right? I see both of you got your requests for medicals very quickly. As for me it has been more than 2 weeks since I submitted all the required documents asked by CO. Actually she was asking for more evidence of employment. Everything else was ok.

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not to offend anyone, but certain countries go through lengthier security checks compared to other countries..Please refer to various other threads in the forum, you will understand the approximate timelines when you can expect CO to ask you for PCC and Medicals..

You both are right. But India is also an HR country right? I see both of you got your requests for medicals very quickly. As for me it has been more than 2 weeks since I submitted all the required documents asked by CO. Actually she was asking for more evidence of employment. Everything else was ok.

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hammad...can u plz let us know what type of employment evidence did u provide and what type of evidence was the CO asking?

That wud help us in filing our applications.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hammad...can u plz let us know what type of employment evidence did u provide and what type of evidence was the CO asking?

That wud help us in filing our applications.
Well I submitted detailed reference letters from my current & previous employers. CO accepted them but also asked for Pay Slips, Bank Statements and Tax documents. I provided one pay slip for each year, bank statements for my whole employment period and tax records from local tax office, showing that my employers have deducted tax from my salary. This was accepted by CO.

Just emailed my CO some days ago on the status of my application and she replied that it is in security checks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
thanks a lot Hammad for your detailed answer!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.