Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got a call from my immigratio agent that I can no longer apply for a SA state sponsored visa as graphic designers are out of the skill list (gutted!!) :mad:

Howvwer, they would like to proceed with 176 visa for ACT...I have done loads of research on the SA visa and about Adelaide, but have no idea about this new visa now...can anyone help me with this??? :confused:

any link about the requisites of this visa....the features....eligibility...anything???

Bad news on diwali eve....so dissapointed! :(

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi ash

dont be disappointed, ACT is a beautiful place and better for us Indians as we are not summer/beach frenzy people. we have had too much of summer in our life, we can do away with the sun for a while :)

have a look at this link
Business and Industry Development - Skilled Migration

i just got positive sponsorship from ACT. lemme know if u need any help

cheers
anj

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi ash

dont be disappointed, ACT is a beautiful place and better for us Indians as we are not summer/beach frenzy people. we have had too much of summer in our life, we can do away with the sun for a while :)

have a look at this link
Business and Industry Development - Skilled Migration

i just got positive sponsorship from ACT. lemme know if u need any help

cheers
anj
thanks anj,

i'll have a look at the link. congrats for ur sponsorship!

if i may ask u, is ACT very tough about issuing sponsrship?? i heraed SA govt. is not...but then....

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
no they are not, infact if u speak to them (the contact details are in the site) they are most helpful, they talk to very politely and are helpful. but they are particular about documents including asset proofs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no they are not, infact if u speak to them (the contact details are in the site) they are most helpful, they talk to very politely and are helpful. but they are particular about documents including asset proofs.
yeah...my main concern is abt funds...my agent said i can show 10000 AUD in bank plus asset prrofs of my parents...as im the only son. is it true?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes they are very particular about the assets. the minimum is 20k main applicant and 10k every dependent. they asked us for bank statements twice. once we gave them active balance statement btu they asked for a 3 month statement again to check if we have the money since 3 months in our account.

your agent is right, u can give statements of your parents and give an affidavit form them stating they are willing to support you if you can not manage on your own.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes they are very particular about the assets. the minimum is 20k main applicant and 10k every dependent. they asked us for bank statements twice. once we gave them active balance statement btu they asked for a 3 month statement again to check if we have the money since 3 months in our account.

your agent is right, u can give statements of your parents and give an affidavit form them stating they are willing to support you if you can not manage on your own.

ok..thanks! i guess i will talk 2 my agent as they also told me the same thing about 20000 AUD but then said if i can get 10000, there is a fair bit of a chance....lets c...cant trust them now

thanks for all ue help.

lets keep in otuch

[email protected]

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ash i am online all day, so this is good. search the forum for ACT sponsorship, u will get a lot in the forum. it has been discussed at length

cheers
anj

·
Registered
8 Posts
ashdeep, Well i know it s not the right forum to ask but what is happening with your NZ application ? Before you point out what I am doing here on aussie forum ,I was fed up with waiting and finally given up on my NZ application ? :D:D

Hi,

I just got a call from my immigratio agent that I can no longer apply for a SA state sponsored visa as graphic designers are out of the skill list (gutted!!) :mad:

Howvwer, they would like to proceed with 176 visa for ACT...I have done loads of research on the SA visa and about Adelaide, but have no idea about this new visa now...can anyone help me with this??? :confused:

any link about the requisites of this visa....the features....eligibility...anything???

Bad news on diwali eve....so dissapointed! :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ashdeep, Well i know it s not the right forum to ask but what is happening with your NZ application ? Before you point out what I am doing here on aussie forum ,I was fed up with waiting and finally given up on my NZ application ? :D:D
Hi,
good to see you here. Well my NZ application was not accepted as they said I need more work ex. All this time they never mentioned all that and suddenly came up with that when I submitted my EOI.

Then I was going to apply for South Australia next month but u know wht happened.....now Im checking my eligibility for Canberra.

So, its been a roller coaster ride for me....

which visa r u applying for??

·
Registered
8 Posts
tough luck, hopefully Canberra will have graphic designers in their eligible list.

After spending close to 3 years on NZ application and putting up with their tantrums for all this while I have ran out of steam to pursue another visa application :p

Jokes apart ,my occupation is currently on MODL/CSL list, but what I hear from boarders is that it is soon going to be revised, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.I am looking at 175 visa.I was also looking at SS but the fund requirement is slightly steep and my parents after seeing 'racist Australia' on news channels would not be willing to give me fund's affidavit :D

Hi,
good to see you here. Well my NZ application was not accepted as they said I need more work ex. All this time they never mentioned all that and suddenly came up with that when I submitted my EOI.

Then I was going to apply for South Australia next month but u know wht happened.....now Im checking my eligibility for Canberra.

So, its been a roller coaster ride for me....

which visa r u applying for??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tough luck, hopefully Canberra will have graphic designers in their eligible list.

After spending close to 3 years on NZ application and putting up with their tantrums for all this while I have ran out of steam to pursue another visa application :p

Jokes apart ,my occupation is currently on MODL/CSL list, but what I hear from boarders is that it is soon going to be revised, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.I am looking at 175 visa.I was also looking at SS but the fund requirement is slightly steep and my parents after seeing 'racist Australia' on news channels would not be willing to give me fund's affidavit :D
yes, that is the main problem im facing...funds!! i was making arrangements for funds as per SA visa, i think its SIR 475...but for ACT fund requirements are double!!! :eek:

so thats a big hurdle for me.

and for nZ...they have really gone mad....my friend got selectd but still havent received the ITA pack...no response from immigration NZ...their deadlines r crazy...im sure u knw that!! :D

well...lets hope fr the best!

all d best with your application! :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
619 Posts
...but for ACT fund requirements are double!!! :eek:

so thats a big hurdle for me.
I just applied for ACT myself, and have spoken with the people there on several occasions. They were insistent that we met the financial requirements, otherwise our application would not pass. Try and get exactly the amount the amount they require to give you application the best chance. Remember, the funds need to be in an account in your name for at least 3 months.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just applied for ACT myself, and have spoken with the people there on several occasions. They were insistent that we met the financial requirements, otherwise our application would not pass. Try and get exactly the amount the amount they require to give you application the best chance. Remember, the funds need to be in an account in your name for at least 3 months.

Hi MAt,

yes they have mentioned the eligibility for at least 20000 AUD but what confuses me is that they also mention that if you cannot arrange 20000 you should include a statemnt mentioning what other resources you have to survive for 1st 6 months in ACT.

Now my immigration agent is working on this thing and asking me to proceed with 10000 AUD and rest support from my parent's property and assets.

So im in a fix right now whether to proceed or not.

But thanks for your message!! :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ashdeep i do know people who have got positive ss from ACT on basis of parents affidavit. go ahead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ashdeep i do know people who have got positive ss from ACT on basis of parents affidavit. go ahead.

Cheers!! I will speak to my agent and get this thing sorted.

Oh, its Diwali today here in India, biggest festival for us hindus...so... Happy diwali!! :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
thanks ash, to u too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts