Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I'm planning to apply for the 176 Visa before the July 2012 changes. But my partner is now pregnant and will give birth by October only. I want to know how i need to handle this situation as I heard it'll take much time to add the child to the Visa application later.

Is there a way to mention this in the application to make the things faster? What about the cost to add the new child to the Visa?

Thanks for the responses in advance!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi There,

I'm planning to apply for the 176 Visa before the July 2012 changes. But my partner is now pregnant and will give birth by October only. I want to know how i need to handle this situation as I heard it'll take much time to add the child to the Visa application later.

Is there a way to mention this in the application to make the things faster? What about the cost to add the new child to the Visa?

Thanks for the responses in advance!
What you should do is apply for 176 and inform the CO by filling the "Change of circumstances" form - www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf

You should always inform the CO in this case because if the CO asks for the medicals and PCC, you partner would probably not be able to undergo an x-ray because of pregnancy. Even if the doctor allows the x-ray your partner's blood reports would show she is pregnant so the CO would come to know eventually.

What would happen is your application would go on hold till you add your child to the application. That would save you money because if you are granted the visa and then your partner gives birth then you would not be able to add the child to the application. You will have to make a fresh application for the child.

Reactions: slexpat
G

·
If the child is born before the visa is granted you simply get the birth registered & get the childs passport then inform your case officer who will add them to the application when you give them the documents. There is no cost other than the childs medical and takes barely no extra time as no securtiy checks on a new born baby!

If you are PR and give birth in Australia the child is a citizen.

You should notify them early of the pregnancy so they know a child needs to be added later and that the mother can not undertake the xray.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the child is born before the visa is granted you simply get the birth registered & get the childs passport then inform your case officer who will add them to the application when you give them the documents. There is no cost other than the childs medical and takes barely no extra time as no securtiy checks on a new born baby!

If you are PR and give birth in Australia the child is a citizen.

You should notify them early of the pregnancy so they know a child needs to be added later and that the mother can not undertake the xray.
Ok, thanks for the detailed answer.. Is there a place I can mention this fact while applying? Or I just need to apply for Visa & then send the change in circumstances form?

G

·
I don't know about online but on paper forms there is space at the back for additional information that can not fit in the spaces provided. You could put it there regarding the questions about your dependants if there is room given for additional information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

I am also on the same boat. I had applied for 176 last month and now the CO has requested for medicals and my partner is 8 weeks preganant. So should i inform the CO first and ask her for directions (may be a X-ray waive off for my partner). Is there anybody who has already dealt with the same situation?

Cheers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello people. I have the same situation although mine is quite in the early stage. I got the state sponsorship approval the same time as I got the news that my wife is three weeks pregnant. Doing the math, and if the rumor about the SkillSelect approval process being faster is true, my wife and I might be granted a visa before our kid gets born.

My question is, is it difficult to add a dependant after the visa gets issued? Thanks in advance.

G

·
You can not add children to a visa once it is granted but easy enough at any time before, you just let CO know along with the child birth certificate and passport.

Otherwise you would have to apply for a child visa, more costs and forms and a 7 to 12 month wait but almost guaranteed bar the child being very disabled.

Fingers crossed you are granted asap and you can get your wife to Australia to give birth. Child will then be a citizen.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks _shel. I'm torn between getting there early, or after the baby has come out because we have quite a good maternity insurance here.

I'm also worried about the X-ray part of the medical. Any experience here where the pregnant dependant was allowed to bypass the x-ray?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks _shel. I'm torn between getting there early, or after the baby has come out because we have quite a good maternity insurance here.

I'm also worried about the X-ray part of the medical. Any experience here where the pregnant dependant was allowed to bypass the x-ray?
Hi
You can apply for the visa... and once CO is assigned you can ask them about the situation and regarding X-Ray you can get it done during second trimester onwards with a metallic shield (it is medically proven to be safe)... once visa is granted... you can fly to australia... i followed the same steps and reached Australia... :)

G

·
A lead sheild is not medically proven to be safe. It offers some protection but not total and it IS proven it could cause damage to the unborn child. Any reputable doctor, which those working for DIAC are, will not carry out an xray on a pregnant woman unless it is medically necessary ie the mother or childs health is at risk if it is not done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.