Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am about to apply for 176 with wife and 10 month old son as dependents.
I urgently need help for "evidence of genuine and continuing relationship" are scary.

I have been married for close to 3 years and my wife is a homemaker. We have a 10 month old son. We live with my parents.

The only proofs I have are :
1) my bank statement shows that I paid for regular gynaec consultations, delivery charges and shopping for baby. This covers last two years.
2) honeymoon travel one week after wedding
3) A joint account that I opened today
4) photographs at social gatherings

We don't have any loans or assets jointly owned. In summary, I don't have anything DIAC mentions in their list other than the above

Are the above enough? What more can i provide?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Other than above, my case is reasonably good:
Applying for Software Engineer 261313, ACS done
6.5 years with single employer, reputed company, no gaps
4 years computer engineering degree from reputed college, excellent academic record
very good salary and savings
IELTS L9,R9,W8,S8
75 points without state sponsorship
Applied for Vic and NSW state sponsorship today (Mar 9, 2012)

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...isa-software-engineer-started-dec-2011-a.html

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi all,

I urgently need help for "evidence of genuine and continuing relationship" are scary.

I have been married for close to 3 years and my wife is a homemaker. We have a 10 month old son. We live with my parents.

The only proofs I have are :
1) my bank statement shows that I paid for regular gynaec consultations, delivery charges and shopping for baby. This covers last two years.
2) honeymoon travel one week after wedding
3) A joint account that I opened today
4) photographs at social gatherings

We don't have any loans or assets jointly owned. In summary, I don't have anything DIAC mentions in their list other than the above

Are the above enough? What more can i provide?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Other than above, my case is reasonably good:
Applying for Software Engineer 261313, ACS done
6.5 years with single employer, reputed company, no gaps
4 years computer engineering degree from reputed college, excellent academic record
very good salary and savings
IELTS L9,R9,W8,S8
75 points without state sponsorship
Applied for Vic and NSW state sponsorship today (Mar 9, 2012)

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...isa-software-engineer-started-dec-2011-a.html
there is nothing to worry in your case as such. if you provide your marriage certificate it is enough. if you can show your spouse name in your passport it will add value. it is as simple as that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot dreamaus!

That is a relief. I see from your threads that your case was somewhat similar to mine.
I submitted passport application for my son 3 days ago.

- Neither of our passports have spouse name on it. Also my passport has permanent address which is still our property but my present address is different. This will mean address change on my passport.

I will need PCC for myself and my wife.

passport application and PCC all go through the new Passport Seva Kendra in Hyderabad and I will need 4 separate applications/appointments for these. I am worried that things will take too long and my passport would be held up.

I am planning to apply for PCC for myself and wife immediately. This way, if I get my SS approval, I will still have both passports for 176 application. PCC would hopefully come by the time CO needs it.

What do you suggest?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks a lot dreamaus!

That is a relief. I see from your threads that your case was somewhat similar to mine.

- Neither of our passports have spouse name on it. Also my passport has permanent address which is still our property but my present address is different. This will mean address change on my passport.

passport application and PCC all go through the new Passport Seva Kendra in Hyderabad and I will need 4 separate applications/appointments for these. I am worried that things will take too long and my passport would be held up.

I am planning to apply for PCC for myself and wife immediately. This way, if I get my SS approval, I will still have both passports for 176 application. PCC would hopefully come by the time CO needs it.

What do you suggest?
1. For your son passport, either of the parent must have spouse name included else they will not allow to grant a PP for your son.
2. So, first thing you need to do is apply for change of address, inclusion of name and anything else necessary for both of your passports on the same day as your son's appointment or a day before that.
3. Go for your appointments, get things done for at least one of you and get the ack letter from the passport office.
4. With that ack letter and fee receipt apply for your son's passport with those docs are proofs. they will accept it.
5. Your son will receive pp in 3-5 days max as there will be no police verification.
6. PV will be done for both of you guys and you will get your passport in roughly 4-5 weeks but it all depends on when PSK receive the PV clear letter.
7. Apply for PCC after getting both of your passports and you will get the PCC on the spot as your verification was done very recently.
8. I did the same as above and it worked for me fine. Only thing is my wife's passport was issued in a different city than I applied so I have to wait for about 4 weeks for police verification.
9. For me it was change of address within the city so I got passport in 3 days but later verification was done. My son had no trouble getting the passport.

Good Luck

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a ton

Dreamaus,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. This is very helpful.

I am encouraged to move forward, but with one difference. I already submitted application for my son's passport at PSK. They asked explanation why our passports don't have spouse name but finally accepted marriage certificate. May be its more relaxed in Hyderabad.

On a side note, I read in another thread about a bizarre case of PCC being denied because passport doesn't have spouse name.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dreamaus,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. This is very helpful.

I am encouraged to move forward, but with one difference. I already submitted application for my son's passport at PSK. They asked explanation why our passports don't have spouse name but finally accepted marriage certificate. May be its more relaxed in Hyderabad.

On a side note, I read in another thread about a bizarre case of PCC being denied because passport doesn't have spouse name.
If your son's PP is issued only with your marriage certificate, you are lucky! Cool then.

yes, spouse name inclusion for PCC is only requested in Gujarat PSK...they are crazy...but they are final decision makers so you have to oblige.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Marriage Certificate is more than enough..No need to show the honeymoon pics etc...:)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
good plan...

Thanks a lot dreamaus!

What do you suggest?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marriage Certificate is more than enough..No need to show the honeymoon pics etc...
LoL :)
I meant travel stamps on our passports but not pics.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks a lot dreamaus!

What do you suggest?

Hi,
Would you please explain me what does PCC mean...is everybody required to get it done...
what is the difference between a secondary applicant and a dependent...
is it required that wife's passport should have husbands name on it..and my passport has address where i do not live anymore...so do i need to get my address changed to the current address on the passport..

Thanks in anticipation!..

Cheers,
Rinkesh

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I am not an expert and seniors can correct me if I am wrong.

Hi,
Would you please explain me what does PCC mean...is everybody required to get it done...
PCC means Police Clearance Certificate and everybody is required to get it. It is nowadays issued via Passport Seva Kendra.

what is the difference between a secondary applicant and a dependent...
Dependent is anybody who is dependent on you financially. Secondary applicant is someone whom you are including with you for migration purposes (Typically spouse and kids). You may have dependents who are not migrating with you

is it required that wife's passport should have husbands name on it..and my passport has address where i do not live anymore...so do i need to get my address changed to the current address on the passport..
It is recommended to have spouse name on the passport but not compulsory (unless you are in Gujarat). Marriage certificate will do.

Regarding address change, I defer to seniors as I now doubt whether this is needed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
628 Posts
Seniors, please advise
I don't think address change is mandatory but if you go for any other change of details in pp, you have to change address as well as part of new pp application process.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think address change is mandatory but if you go for any other change of details in pp, you have to change address as well as part of new pp application process.
Thanks Dreamaus. I have booked appointments for PCC in the same slot for myself and my wife on Tuesday morning.

I will have two other pending things (both of which are optional for 176):
1) Spouse name to be added on both passports
2) Address change to be reflected on both passports.

I will also ask PSK guys if it is recommended to do 1) and 2) above before PCC.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks Dreamaus. I have booked appointments for PCC in the same slot for myself and my wife on Tuesday morning.

I will have two other pending things (both of which are optional for 176):
1) Spouse name to be added on both passports
2) Address change to be reflected on both passports.

I will also ask PSK guys if it is recommended to do 1) and 2) above before PCC.
Whether you do single change or multiple it is going to be one time process and one fee only. So if you have time do it now itself for both of you. They will ask you to provide your current address and if it is different they would ask for change of address too which might require a police verification first and then for a PCC endorsement.
Similarly, if you say you are staying in same address and if previous verification is not done(in case of tatkal) or it is done long time back again they would do the police verification.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Whether you do single change or multiple it is going to be one time process and one fee only. So if you have time do it now itself for both of you. They will ask you to provide your current address and if it is different they would ask for change of address too which might require a police verification first and then for a PCC endorsement.
Similarly, if you say you are staying in same address and if previous verification is not done(in case of tatkal) or it is done long time back again they would do the police verification.
Thanks DreamAus.

I am going first for PCC but not for change for details (address, spouse name) because they will take original passport and I am not sure how long they take. I know people whose new passport or re-issue has been stuck for 8 months (they had filed before PSK started). I also know people who got renewal in 3 weeks. So I am not sure.

Do we have to submit original passport for PCC? If yes, then as you suggested, doing changes on passport first will simplify PCC.

Sorry to bother everyone so much, I think I now know the correct question to ask:
"Can I apply 176 online without original passport?"

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks DreamAus.

I am going first for PCC but not for change for details (address, spouse name) because they will take original passport and I am not sure how long they take. I know people whose new passport or re-issue has been stuck for 8 months (they had filed before PSK started). I also know people who got renewal in 3 weeks. So I am not sure.

Do we have to submit original passport for PCC? If yes, then as you suggested, doing changes on passport first will simplify PCC.

Sorry to bother everyone so much, I think I now know the correct question to ask:
"Can I apply 176 online without original passport?"
Yes for PCC you need original pp as they will endorse on last page "PCC issued for Australia" and stamp it and give a letter as well to you.
Mine was on the spot PCC as I did reissue 2 months back only. But in your case if police verification is done again they might get the passport and courier once it is done with stamping.

For applying 176, only scanned copies of first and last page and if any other pages of observation is required. So no need to worry on that part. You can go ahead with application as soon as you have all documents. Even if there is a change in you passport number itself, you can submit a form for that to DIAC before a decision is made on your visa and correct your details. they will accept it. I am pasting here what I got from automatic mail after 176 lodging. So 176 lodging part is not a big deal.

CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES

If your circumstances have changed since you made your visa application, and as a result an answer to a question on your visa application form or the information you have given to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship about your visa application is no longer correct, you must advise us in writing as soon as possible.

Examples of changes in circumstances include:

- changes to address and/or contact details;
- changes to employment, for example a new job;
- obtaining a new passport;
- new member of the family unit;
- you or a secondary applicant has become pregnant;
- discovery that information previously provided is incorrect.

You can provide this information to the GSM processing office by letter or email, together with any accompanying documents. If you are notifying the department of a change to your email address by sending an email from your new email address, you must include details of your previous email address, as evidence that you have authorised the change.

The following forms are useful for notifying the department of changes in circumstances and are available on the department's website at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms:

- form 929 Change of Address;
- form 1022 Notification of Changes in Circumstances;
- form 1023 Notification of Incorrect Answer(s);
- form 1193 Communication by Email.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank You

DreamAus,

I can't thank you enough for patiently answering my queries. I am now convinced that it is wise to get details changed on passport first.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
628 Posts
DreamAus,

I can't thank you enough for patiently answering my queries. I am now convinced that it is wise to get details changed on passport first.

Thanks again.
No issues. I have even more doubts and confusions when I was crossing your stage of application. This forum is helping me a lot on most of my questions. So decided to give back to it!

Again, if you get passport for your kid without any change of details in both of your passports and if PSK is OK to give you PCC with existing details itself (let them take say 4 weeks or so to grant PCC) and you don't need any info change in your passports....why do you need to change the details? :) back to square one...

I just gave my sus change details only when it is absolutely necessary else why ggestions...it is upto you to decide finally to change or not. But my point ihassle of going thro that process again as we are already busy with PR process itself...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No issues. I have even more doubts and confusions when I was crossing your stage of application. This forum is helping me a lot on most of my questions. So decided to give back to it!

Again, if you get passport for your kid without any change of details in both of your passports and if PSK is OK to give you PCC with existing details itself (let them take say 4 weeks or so to grant PCC) and you don't need any info change in your passports....why do you need to change the details? :) back to square one...

I just gave my sus change details only when it is absolutely necessary else why ggestions...it is upto you to decide finally to change or not. But my point ihassle of going thro that process again as we are already busy with PR process itself...
Hmm :). I will check with PSK guys on Tuesday and see what they say. If they suggest change of details followed by PCC, I will go for it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.