Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am going to apply 176 visa next month so though to share my checklist for visa 176.

Expert please let me know if i miss anything so that i can add it.

1 ACS
2 IELTS
3 State Sponcership
4 Passport
5 Birth Certificate
6 Work Experience experience letter
reference letter
last 6 month payslip
Offer letter

7 Education Qualification Degree Certification

8 Spouse Work experiance experience letter
reference letter
last 6 month payslip
Offer letter

9 Spouse Education Qualification Degree Certification
10 Spouse English Language Ability Letter from University
11 PCC After CO assign
12 Medical After CO assign

Hope this will help for people planning to apply

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi,

I am going to apply 176 visa next month so though to share my checklist for visa 176.

Expert please let me know if i miss anything so that i can add it.

1 ACS
2 IELTS
3 State Sponcership
4 Passport
5 Birth Certificate
6 Work Experience experience letter
reference letter
last 6 month payslip
Offer letter

7 Education Qualification Degree Certification

8 Spouse Work experiance experience letter
reference letter
last 6 month payslip
Offer letter

9 Spouse Education Qualification Degree Certification
10 Spouse English Language Ability Letter from University
11 PCC After CO assign
12 Medical After CO assign

Hope this will help for people planning to apply

Hi Shyam, with these docs there are few 'gotchas' you need to take care while applying for 176. Have shared it over here...go thro it. http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ustralia/103121-victoria-ss-timelines-20.html

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi,

Is 176 is applicable for relative sponsorship?

My sister and her family PR and they are in Adelaide for last 3 year. They are ready to sponsor me. Can i apply for 176 Visa?

Regards,
Eby

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
yes they can sponsor you and you can get 5 points for this in the 176 visa ...

Hi,

Is 176 is applicable for relative sponsorship?

My sister and her family PR and they are in Adelaide for last 3 year. They are ready to sponsor me. Can i apply for 176 Visa?

Regards,
Eby

·
Registered
13 Posts
475 with Family Sponsorship will get 10 points if Relative lived designated area.
Confused with the occupation. DIAC says occupation must be on SOL. Occupation listed on SOL 2 only but not in SOL 1. Still able to apply?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
@ coolsnake...plz have a look at this link...
Skill Sponsored visa 176

This visa also requires that either:

you or your partner have an eligible relative living in Australia who is willing and able to sponsor you
or
you have a nomination from a participating State or Territory government agency.

Let me know which part you didnt understand...:)

In fact, for a 475 visa you can claim 10 points ....

LIG... You don't get any points for being sponsored by relatives.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I am not very sure abt this but probably you need to sponsored by a state as well if you wanna apply for a SOL which is in list 2...
for SOL 1, state sponsorship is not mandatory...

475 with Family Sponsorship will get 10 points if Relative lived designated area.
Confused with the occupation. DIAC says occupation must be on SOL. Occupation listed on SOL 2 only but not in SOL 1. Still able to apply?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Skill Sponsored visa 176

or
you have a nomination from a participating State or Territory government agency.

@LIG

coolsnake is right. You don't get any points for being sponsored by relatives in case of 176. For a 475 visa you can claim 10 points for being sponsored by relatives.

The link you provided, doesn't say anything about points!!

for points, check this:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-test.pdf

Nomination by state/territory government (subclass 176 or 886 visa): Nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan = 5

Designated area sponsorship or nominated by state/territory government (subclass 475 or 487 visa): Sponsorship by an eligible relative living in a designated area or nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan = 10

·
Registered
556 Posts
Skill Sponsored visa 176

or

No, you dont get points for being sponsored by a relative in Aus for 176. You only get 5 points for being sponsored by a state. There is a difference in the two.

Please provide a link where it is stated that for being sponsored by a family for 176 visa, you get 5 points and I am happy to correct myself next time.

Yes, you get points for being sponsored by an eligible relative for 475 visa but not for 176. :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
my bad.....
I got it wrong....
:)

@LIG

coolsnake is right. You don't get any points for being sponsored by relatives in case of 176. For a 475 visa you can claim 10 points for being sponsored by relatives.

The link you provided, doesn't say anything about points!!

for points, check this:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-test.pdf

Nomination by state/territory government (subclass 176 or 886 visa): Nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan = 5

Designated area sponsorship or nominated by state/territory government (subclass 475 or 487 visa): Sponsorship by an eligible relative living in a designated area or nomination by a state or territory government under a state migration plan = 10

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes they can sponsor you and you can get 5 points for this in the 176 visa ...
hi lifeisgood,
I've applied for SA SS for 176 yesterday. In the meantime I am preparing the docs for 176 application. Can please give me the list of docs required to apply? PBI that me as primary applicant and my wife as dependent. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have lodged my application for 176. I made a mistake while answering one of the question. how can I rectify that now?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have lodged my application for 176. I made a mistake while answering one of the question. how can I rectify that now?
Have you got an automated mail from them? If yes, it has which form to use for incorrect answer rectification.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you got an automated mail from them? If yes, it has which form to use for incorrect answer rectification.
no automated mail so far! filled all info .. made money transfer and uploading the documents.

Wrong info given on non migrating dependent members instead of non migrating family members. Also answered yes for one of the question

·
Registered
628 Posts
no automated mail so far! filled all info .. made money transfer and uploading the documents.

Wrong info given on non migrating dependent members instead of non migrating family members. Also answered yes for one of the question
It will reach you in 48 hours or so. I have seen in this forum CO asking the applicant if for sure parents under that category. Looks like you are not the first victim so chill out...people do mistakes at various stages and DIAC is well aware of it and have quick fix solution for all.

this is the snip from my mail...you shld use form 1023.

CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES

If your circumstances have changed since you made your visa application, and as a result an answer to a question on your visa application form or the information you have given to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship about your visa application is no longer correct, you must advise us in writing as soon as possible.

Examples of changes in circumstances include:

- changes to address and/or contact details;
- changes to employment, for example a new job;
- obtaining a new passport;
- new member of the family unit;
- you or a secondary applicant has become pregnant;
- discovery that information previously provided is incorrect.

You can provide this information to the GSM processing office by letter or email, together with any accompanying documents. If you are notifying the department of a change to your email address by sending an email from your new email address, you must include details of your previous email address, as evidence that you have authorised the change.

The following forms are useful for notifying the department of changes in circumstances and are available on the department's website at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms:

- form 929 Change of Address;
- form 1022 Notification of Changes in Circumstances;
- form 1023 Notification of Incorrect Answer(s);
- form 1193 Communication by Email.

Reactions: achinj

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am in process of preparing my 176 application which I plan to lodge by this friday. Does anyone know what proof i need to provide for spouses to prove them competent in English? Are education qualification sufficient?

·
Registered
38 Posts

Hi achinj,

do you have any dependent in your applicaiton? If yes what is the proof you provided for competant/functional english?:confused2:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi achinj,

do you have any dependent in your applicaiton? If yes what is the proof you provided for competant/functional english?:confused2:
Hello

I do have my spouse in my applicatoin. There are couple of options as far as my knowledge goes
- IELTS exam result given by spouse
- Letter by Graduation college (on college letter head) mentioning that all the course teaching happened in English

I have used the later one

Hope above information helps

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.