Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've applied for 176 on 17th of Feb. 2012, and immediately after I applied, the online application website asked me for everything, including the police checks and medicals. On 23rd of Feb. an email arrived from one of the teams and asked me for a form 80.

Does that contact mean that I have a CO now?

After a while, I asked the same team through email about my medicals and the guy replied that he suggests that I wait until I'm officially asked for the medicals.

I have seen people in this forum that have submitted their medicals within 2 weeks of lodging their applications and their visas being granted in less than 2 months.

What should I do?
When I check my progress from the first day the request for medicals was there. Doesn't that count as official?

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
The request for medical once you lodge your visa is standard for every visa applicant. However, this should not be interpreted as an official request to proceed with medicals.

It is quite likely that being from Iran you may have to undergo security checks, which can take upwards of 12 months and as such, if you proceed with medical and PCC now, they would no longer be valid by the time your security checks are completed as they are only valid for 12 months from date of issue.

On the basis that you have already been told to wait until you are requested to proceed with your medical, I would advise that you just be patient and only proceed with your medical and PCC when you are asked to do so by your case officer.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If you have been allotted a CO from DIAC then you should have got an official email from DIAC which will have a few pdf files also. The CO's name and email address will also be mentioned in this email...
maybe you can email the team which asked you for the form 80...

I've applied for 176 on 17th of Feb. 2012, and immediately after I applied, the online application website asked me for everything, including the police checks and medicals. On 23rd of Feb. an email arrived from one of the teams and asked me for a form 80.

Does that contact mean that I have a CO now?

After a while, I asked the same team through email about my medicals and the guy replied that he suggests that I wait until I'm officially asked for the medicals.

I have seen people in this forum that have submitted their medicals within 2 weeks of lodging their applications and their visas being granted in less than 2 months.

What should I do?
When I check my progress from the first day the request for medicals was there. Doesn't that count as official?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.