Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

anyone out there who got ACT State Sponsorship with less than 20000 AUD (in bank) and supporting assets affidavits from parents/relatives/spouse... for ACT 176 visa????? :confused:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes ash, someone i know got it, he is already in Australia now. he gave an affidavit from his dad and his dad's assey statement. did u call them and ask?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes ash, someone i know got it, he is already in Australia now. he gave an affidavit from his dad and his dad's assey statement. did u call them and ask?

Hi Anj,

wow! that brings some relief! :D

no didnt call them up yet..still talking to my agent...but I guess I should call them soon!

thanks for ur reply! :clap2:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ash the ACT team is sweet, i know people who kept calling them to clarify things and were glad that they did. if you have any doubt just call them and they do assist you with alternate plan. be open with them, tell them your problem and they do tell you how you can tackle it but remember they are very particular about the assets. they dont want you in ACT with no money, no job which leads to crime. tell them your folks have the money (if they do-dont lie) and if its alright to give the proof of the same and that they are willing to assist, see what they say.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ash the ACT team is sweet, i know people who kept calling them to clarify things and were glad that they did. if you have any doubt just call them and they do assist you with alternate plan. be open with them, tell them your problem and they do tell you how you can tackle it but remember they are very particular about the assets. they dont want you in ACT with no money, no job which leads to crime. tell them your folks have the money (if they do-dont lie) and if its alright to give the proof of the same and that they are willing to assist, see what they say.
thanks ANJ...i will call them up soon...bTW can u pls gimme a link where I can find their contact info :confused2:

and my parents r ready to support me...but do they need to show thie bank statements as well or just their property and jewellery papers??

cheers!!
Ash

·
Registered
8,429 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi anj,

can u pls tell me regarding the funds..if I give 3 month bank statements for SS and if I get SS...then I have to apply for visa within 3 months..right?? So will they ask for bank statements again at the time of lodging the visa???

thanks
Ash

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Ash, no u dont hv to give the statement again, and i think the sponsorship is valid for 6 months.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi Ash, no u dont hv to give the statement again, and i think the sponsorship is valid for 6 months.
ok thanks!! i was reading on their website, it said 3 months....but i guess thats also a pretty good time to arrange rest of d documents.
Also one quick question pls...sorry....if i show 20000 AUD in my banka account, then I dont need to show any supporting papers from my parents....right?

cz u knw i'll have to make arrangements myself as my agent told me that it cannot be done for less than 20000 AUD. she cofirmed it with her husband who is a MARA agent in Sydney...so I guess the roller coaster ride will start soon for me

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Must be 3 months then, I am not sure. yes you dont need to give any documents from your parents, but remember they as for 3 months statement, to make sure you are not just depositing the money in your name and takeing a current statement. so I suppose you can give your statement with said amount plus one form your folks's account too. Just adds to the amount

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Must be 3 months then, I am not sure. yes you dont need to give any documents from your parents, but remember they as for 3 months statement, to make sure you are not just depositing the money in your name and takeing a current statement. so I suppose you can give your statement with said amount plus one form your folks's account too. Just adds to the amount

yeah makes sense....thanks anj!! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Anj,

how u doing today....

hey, i wanted to ask u, what is the normal time frame for a 176 ACT visa from the day of lodgement of visa after SS is approved...i mean if all the papers r in order?? Also approx time limit for SS??? :confused:

and I remember u mentioning smwhr that u were asked for bank statemnts twice....but you mentioned yestday that they wont ask for statemnts agan after SS....so im a bit confused here...pls advice :confused2:

cheers!
Ash :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Ash

if you are on CSL they wont take anything beyond 3-6 months for visa form teh date u file the application, if u are non CSL ss applicant, u fall in priority 5 and there is no timeline mentioned for tht but since it comes above MODL i think it should not be more thn 1 year but that is my understanding.

Well in our case, we filed the application for act ss in april, i think sometime in june they stopped processing IT applications, they were waiting for a panel to be formed to figure out which skill is required and which is not. in september they asked for the bank statements again since it had been 6 months already adn they wanted to make sure we have the money in our account still and not spent it.

as for timeline for state sponsorship for ACT, if u visit their site, they have a timeline page, they update that every week (almost every tuesday), that way you will know what application is being processed now and when would they come to your application, i think currently they are on June-July applications. Not sure, just check once.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hi Ash

if you are on CSL they wont take anything beyond 3-6 months for visa form teh date u file the application, if u are non CSL ss applicant, u fall in priority 5 and there is no timeline mentioned for tht but since it comes above MODL i think it should not be more thn 1 year but that is my understanding.

Well in our case, we filed the application for act ss in april, i think sometime in june they stopped processing IT applications, they were waiting for a panel to be formed to figure out which skill is required and which is not. in september they asked for the bank statements again since it had been 6 months already adn they wanted to make sure we have the money in our account still and not spent it.

as for timeline for state sponsorship for ACT, if u visit their site, they have a timeline page, they update that every week (almost every tuesday), that way you will know what application is being processed now and when would they come to your application, i think currently they are on June-July applications. Not sure, just check once.
geat help! thanks heaps!! :)
my occupation is not on CSL...its on some other list...SOL or smthng...i dnt rembr now....its graphic designer, occupation no. 2533-13.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts