Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I lodged my application under 175 visa. My occupation is in MODL(Accountant) + I have more than 7 in IELTS so will be in CSL . How do we know whether DIAC has put my application in CSL. My File Reference number is BCC2009/***** What do BCC mean by?

BTW Congratulations Anj for your SS approval. You really deserve it. I think you should soon be given citizenship too as you know many things abt AU.You as well as Anssalam is very helpful in this forum

Kala

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi kala

i suppose its just a reference number. u can send a PLE to DIAC, if u go to the immi site, search for post lodgement enquiry, u can inform them that you are on CSL.

and thanks for your wishes, it is not citizenship, we get the Permanent resident visa first, after residing for 4 years we are eligible to apply for citizenship

cheers
anjali

·
Registered
210 Posts
I believe that BCC is some kind of an internal code for skilled visa applications. All of them have this code, although I don't know whether it is an acronym or just a filing system code.

Your case officer will know that your occupation is on the CSL if you have provided an assessment and the IELTS score. But do make sure that you have 7 or more in each section of the IELTS, not just as an overall score.

Hi

I lodged my application under 175 visa. My occupation is in MODL(Accountant) + I have more than 7 in IELTS so will be in CSL . How do we know whether DIAC has put my application in CSL. My File Reference number is BCC2009/***** What do BCC mean by?

BTW Congratulations Anj for your SS approval. You really deserve it. I think you should soon be given citizenship too as you know many things abt AU.You as well as Anssalam is very helpful in this forum

Kala

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hallo Kalashibu.......

File No: BCCXXX is a Tracking number given by Diac for Paper Visa applicants (for non online application).
It is given to you if you need to contact them.

You can contact Diac by using the Post launge Enquiry Form.
For that you should have a TRN no: instead of File no:

If you feel that Diac should be given a notice about your case, then feel free to contact them by Phone 00611300364613.
When you call them you should say the File no: to track your case.

Another option is if you have an Agent ask him to send a mail to Diac about your case.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello,

The BCC200X/XXXX is given to all applications (not just paper based applications). In addition, on-line applications are also given a Transaction Reference Numbers (TRN) when the application has been lodged. These usually being with E.......

Either can be used if you need to contact the Department of Immigration by phone/in person, however the DIAC's on-line system can only be used by applications with a TRN (i.e. applications lodged on-line).

I hope that helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts