Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello folks,

can somebody shed some light on the difference between 175 and 176 visa (apart from the fact that in 176 you get bound to a state for two years)..is there any other difference?

the advantage of 176 is that it is in priority 3...

·
Registered
556 Posts
hello folks,

can somebody shed some light on the difference between 175 and 176 visa (apart from the fact that in 176 you get bound to a state for two years)..is there any other difference?

Hi,
This is no other difference in the two visa categories apart from the two (Faster processing time & moral obligation to work in the state for 2 years) which you have already highlighted in your post.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank u coolsnake!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
There is absolutely no difference other than the one you have already mentioned.Both have the same requirement for citizenship and have the exact kind of privileges ....

hello folks,

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot lifeisgood!

btw i qualify both for 175 and 176 visas..and i m confused which one to apply for the moment...can anyone plz help me regarding this?

·
Registered
630 Posts
thanks a lot lifeisgood!

btw i qualify both for 175 and 176 visas..and i m confused which one to apply for the moment...can anyone plz help me regarding this?
Its up to you to decide ofcourse, we can't decide for you but we can provide you with info, basically you need to decide based upon freedom of working all over australia from day 1, exposure to a much larger job market but having to wait 6 Months for your visa vs Restriction to work within a certain state for the first 2 years but ultra fast processing time (1 month max).

Since you are Pakistan, there is a very large chance you will end up with security check (hopefully not) which can add up to 12 extra months of waiting time. So you need to calculate that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks JBY...this is exactly wha i m thinking that due to security checks the application might get delayed and there would be no fun if i get 176 visa at the processing time of 175 visa...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Its up to you to decide ofcourse, we can't decide for you but we can provide you with info, basically you need to decide based upon freedom of working all over australia from day 1, exposure to a much larger job market but having to wait 6 Months for your visa vs Restriction to work within a certain state for the first 2 years but ultra fast processing time (1 month max).

Since you are Pakistan, there is a very large chance you will end up with security check (hopefully not) which can add up to 12 extra months of waiting time. So you need to calculate that.

Is it taking about 6 months for 175 applications (for Indians) right now? Has anybody just gone through the 175 process ? Just trying to find the exact timeline ...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is it taking about 6 months for 175 applications (for Indians) right now? Has anybody just gone through the 175 process ? Just trying to find the exact timeline ...
Yes its true its taking 5-6 months for 175 now for LR countries including INdia. Pakistan will also get case officer within 6 months but because of security check anotehr 12 month.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its 4 years for both

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The citizenship criteria for 175 and 176 visa is same. Its 4 years and not 3 years.
In fact all the benefits,requirements for both these visas are same except for the 2 year compulsion of staying in a state for the 176 visa.

My question, with in 176 GSM are we able to apply for Citizenship after 3yrs of stay, same within case of 175 GSM?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.