Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anyone ever filled one of these out & been successful without the help of an agent. The form looks very daunting but i've spoke to a rep & they said first I need to fill in a form to see which visa i'm eligible for & they can advise me at the cost of £165.00.

Seems a lot of money just to see which visa you need first.

I don't have a sponsor & want to work & permantly reside in Australia eventually. Do you just go without an agent or or you asking for trouble???

Paul

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi

we all fill these forms on our own. The agent just suggests what should be done, where and how.

Have you been assessed already? have a look at the sticky threads towards the top of the forum. the procedure is, getting your skill assessed, apply for 175, wait, on eyou have a CO, get your meds and PCC done, and Bingo u hv the visa.. all in all anything between one year to 3 years.

check if your skill is on SOL, changes are expected sometime in april-June. You have to read about the procedure to understand everything well. check immi site. it has everything in detail.

cheers
anj

·
Registered
15 Posts
HI, I did all my self. it take some time , I took some time to study , you can read all the threads and DIAC website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
i did it myself, no agent
yes a nightmare but I have just been granted my 175. took 11 months
each time you send something to imigration once the process starts they actually remind you what is next to be sent
it is hard slog and millions of forms to complete but I now know it was worth it
Good luck
Ali
Hi
Has anyone ever filled one of these out & been successful without the help of an agent. The form looks very daunting but i've spoke to a rep & they said first I need to fill in a form to see which visa i'm eligible for & they can advise me at the cost of £165.00.

Seems a lot of money just to see which visa you need first.

I don't have a sponsor & want to work & permantly reside in Australia eventually. Do you just go without an agent or or you asking for trouble???

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts